Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2022, 11:23   #16
BHPian

Re: Australia Immigration & PR | Requirements, documentation & helpful resources

Does anybody know what tests are administered during the medical test? Are there blood tests, imaging, other invasive tests involved?
Old 16th June 2022, 14:57   #17
BHPian

Re: Australia Immigration & PR | Requirements, documentation & helpful resources

We did ours in 2015. As far as I remember there was blood tests, imaging etc. I think it is better to wait for others' reply. Alternatively you can check on Expat forum, which will have very recent updates.
MaxTorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 16:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Does anybody know what tests are administered during the medical test? Are there blood tests, imaging, other invasive tests involved?
Blood Test (Only for Adults AFAIK to test for HIV etc)
Urine Test
X-Ray
General Examination

These were the tests for Permanent Visa Application in 2019.
For Temporary Visa as far as I remember, it's just X-Ray and General Examination.

Last edited by akshay4587 : 16th June 2022 at 16:40.
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 14:23   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Source: https://www.sbs.com.au/language/punj...2-23/ycrericun

HIGHLIGHTS
  • Australian states and territories have opened their skilled visa nomination programs for 2022-23
  • There is a massive allocation increase for subclass 491 and 190 visas for New South Wales, Victoria, and Western Australia
  • Places under the skilled stream increased from 79,600 to 109,900, while the family stream dropped from 77,300 to 50,000
  • Migration agent says it’s great news for international students and temporary visa holders waiting for a skilled permanent residency pathway, but some are asking for more clarity
The official Home Affairs website has more details. An excerpt is provided below.

Migration Program planning levels:

​The 2022-23 Migration Program has been designed to boost Australia’s economic recovery and drive social cohesion outcomes in the post-pandemic environment. The 2022-23 Migration Program will have a planning level of 160,000 places with the following composition:
  • Skill (109,900 places) – this stream is designed to improve the productive capacity of the economy and fill skill shortages in the labour market, including those in regional Australia.
  • Family (50,000 places) – this stream is predominantly made up of Partner visas, enabling Australians to reunite with family members from overseas and provide them with pathways to citizenship.
    • From 2022-23, Partner visas will be granted on a demand driven basis to facilitate family reunification. This will help reduce the Partner visa pipeline and processing times for many applicants.
    • 40,500 Partner visas are estimated for 2022-23 for planning purposes, noting this estimate is not subject to a ceiling.
    • 3000 Child visas are estimated for 2022-23 for planning purposes, noting this category is demand driven and not subject to a ceiling.
  • Special Eligibility (100 places) – this stream covers visas for those in special circumstances, including permanent residents returning to Australia after a period overseas.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 10:57   #20
BHPian

Excuse me if i am hijacking this thread but i have an offer in the Big4 as a management consultant in Sydney with the base pay as 220k AUD. Is it a good offer to consider. The hiring manager is a known person and the company is willing to go through the visa paperwork to bring me down under.

Of Course family is not happy as i already uprooted them from 2 countries.
Old 1st September 2022, 16:21   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondatoyotafan View Post
Excuse me if i am hijacking this thread but i have an offer in the Big4 as a management consultant in Sydney with the base pay as 220k AUD. Is it a good offer to consider. The hiring manager is a known person and the company is willing to go through the visa paperwork to bring me down under.

I think it will be equivalent to a 40-45l inr salary in india, in terms of what it can buy. Sydney must be even more expensive than mumbai/bangalore, even after accounting for the exchange rate difference
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 17:37   #22
BHPian

Does submitting multiple EOIs for skilled migration (offshore applicant) ruin one's chances. A migration consultant says so.
Old 1st September 2022, 18:27   #23
BHPian

Quote:
This is the point you should focus on. Uprooting families from a city is a daunting tasks, nevertheless from 2 countries is a different story all together.

Is there a possibility where the family stays put and you take up the offer and "test the waters" before making the move ?
Old 2nd September 2022, 07:37   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Excuse me if i am hijacking this thread but i have an offer in the Big4 as a management consultant in Sydney with the base pay as 220k AUD. Is it a good offer to consider.

I would say it a very good salary and you can consider it based on other factors like your current salary, position etc.
Old 2nd September 2022, 08:14   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The salary on offer is good for a Management Consultant role. On top of that you will get 10.5% Superannuation and I hope there's a bonus aspect too at that level.

However, that's only one big piece of the puzzle and there are several other factors to be considered and that includes your current and future (potential) combined family income if your spouse is also working.

Most importantly, you may want to understand and address the concerns of the family before anything else. I mean, what's the point if they aren't happy?

Good luck and I wish you the very best.

Edit: It has been said many times and I'll reiterate. There's a massive skill shortage and companies would do anything to bring people. For some positions I'm literally down to hiring university graduates and train them rather than wait for experienced candidates.

Here's another change to help fuel migration,

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...orce-shortages

About 35,000 additional people will be able to permanently migrate to Australia this year after the Albanese government announced the lifting of the migration cap to 195,000 places.

The home affairs minister, Clare O’Neil, announced the decision on Friday, the second day of the jobs and skills summit, promising it would bring “thousands more” engineers and nurses in to ease critical workforce shortages.

The Albanese government also announced measures to cut visa wait times and fight migrant worker exploitation.

The immigration minister, Andrew Giles, said the government will spend $36.1m to hire 500 more staff in the home affairs department to clear a visa application backlog that now stretches to 900,000.

Last edited by kiku007 : 2nd September 2022 at 08:24.
kiku007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 14:23   #26
BHPian

Quote:

Depending on where you are in your career and your PPP-adjusted income where you live, I would say it's a pretty good offer. You would pay 51k + 45% for every dollar above 180k in taxes, and Sydney is VERY expensive to live in - 130k AUD after taxes, and you'd spend a minimum of 700 dollars a week in rent (so around 36k-40k a year on rent) and you'd have around 80k AUD a year in disposable income. I would suggest buying a home soon to take advantage of the negative gearing tax benefits - but a 2 bedroom apartment costs between 850k - 1.3 million AUD if you're looking in the decent, but not extremely posh, areas of the city. (Remember I said it's very expensive to live in?) I believe work-life balance is good in the Big4 companies, but I've only heard from people in their early 20s who work there. I would take some time to speak with your family about their concerns, and if you can address those and make peace with them. Good luck to you either way!
rkv_2401 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 12:22   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
I think it will be equivalent to a 40-45l inr salary in india, in terms of what it can buy. Sydney must be even more expensive than mumbai/bangalore, even after accounting for the exchange rate difference
I heard about those insane expenses in Sydney from my friends down under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post

Is there a possibility where the family stays put and you take up the offer and "test the waters" before making the move ?
That is the plan if everything works out

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
The salary on offer is good for a Management Consultant role. On top of that you will get 10.5% Superannuation and I hope there's a bonus aspect too at that level.

Most importantly, you may want to understand and address the concerns of the family before anything else. I mean, what's the point if they aren't happy?

Good luck and I wish you the very best.
Thanks for the advise, but the position they are offering is at a senior consultant role and i am already a principal in India. I have conveyed my expectations of a principal role. There is a generous bonus aspect too but that is purely at the company's discretion. Having burnt my hand many times with such bonus offers i am not counting highly on that. The main attraction to me is that the role has a lot of c-suite and partner level visibility as the daily work is with the principal stakeholders.

Coming to family they are more inclined to move back to the US where we spent a huge chunk of time if we need to move out of India but i am trying to sell it to them as a good growth opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_2401 View Post
Depending on where you are in your career and your PPP-adjusted income where you live, I would say it's a pretty good offer. You would pay 51k + 45% for every dollar above 180k in taxes, and Sydney is VERY expensive to live in - 130k AUD after taxes, and you'd spend a minimum of 700 dollars a week in rent (so around 36k-40k a year on rent) and you'd have around 80k AUD a year in disposable income. I would suggest buying a home soon to take advantage of the negative gearing tax benefits - but a 2 bedroom apartment costs between 850k - 1.3 million AUD if you're looking in the decent, but not extremely posh, areas of the city. (Remember I said it's very expensive to live in?) I believe work-life balance is good in the Big4 companies, but I've only heard from people in their early 20s who work there. I would take some time to speak with your family about their concerns, and if you can address those and make peace with them. Good luck to you either way!
Man! the taxation and real estate cost is very high. This makes a bigger case for getting the principal role. Also being BHP'ians we would like to get a good car. So the disposable income would even reduce.

Many thanks to all the BHP'ians who gave their valuable advice. This forum is truly helpful.
Old 3rd September 2022, 12:24   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
I think it will be equivalent to a 40-45l inr salary in india, in terms of what it can buy.
I am making a bit more than that in India so this makes a bigger case for negotiation for a bigger role and compensation.
Old 16th November 2022, 17:26   #29
BHPian

A few questions I had in my mind. My brother is an Australian citizen and settled in Adelaide. I am also planning a move and looking out for good opportunities if I can land any. Both me and my wife are in good positions (head of dept and VP respectively) so the job offer should be atleast at par with what we have here if not higher. The primary reason is to ensure a better lifestyle for our daughter (in 3rd grade).

1. Are there companies who sponsor a work visa to Australia ? If yes, is it possible to convert such a work visa to a PR -> citizenship ?

2. Where do I look out for such job openings ? Any specific forums, employment portals to look out for ?

3. My parents live with me here in Mumbai, so If I migrate (and my brother is already there) is there any way I can get my parents also to migrate permanently to Australia ?

Regards
Diesel

Last edited by Dieseltuned : 16th November 2022 at 17:29. Reason: added new point
Old 9th March 2023, 08:06   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Some interesting developments that could help Indians planning to study in Australia. It is common knowledge that a university degree in Australia is often times a pathway to residency and citizenship.
  • A new agreement will make it easier for students to have their degrees recognised in each country, in a long-awaited step to increase the 130,000 students from India already studying in Australia.
  • “This new mechanism means that if you’re an Indian student who’s studying – or about to study – in Australia, your hard-earned degree will be recognised when you return home.
  • “Or if you’re a member of Australia’s large Indian diaspora, you’ll be able to feel more confident that your Indian qualifications will be recognised in Australia.
  • “It is the most comprehensive and ambitious arrangement agreed to by India with any country,” Albanese said.
  • “It paves the way for commercial opportunities for Australian education providers to offer innovative and more accessible education to Indian students.”
Source: https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fede...08-p5cqg0.html

Deakin University to become first foreign tertiary institution with campus in India
  • Australia’s Deakin University will be the first foreign tertiary education institution in the world to establish a campus in India
  • Late last year India announced new regulations allowing foreign universities and educational institutions to open offshore Gujarat International Finance Tec City (Gift) campuses and repatriate profits in a range of courses, including financial management, science, technology, engineering and Stem subjects.
  • Deakin’s Gift City campus – the first of its kind to be approved by the Indian government – will initially deliver cybersecurity and business analytics courses to Indian students, with a capacity for 100 enrolments annually.
  • Under India’s sweeping national education plan, the government is aiming for half of its young population to gain vocational or higher education degrees by 2035 – an increase of 500 million students.
  • Education is Australia’s largest services export to India, with almost 70,000 students studying in Australia at the end of January 2023.
    Indian students are the fastest growing cohort of international students in Australia and the second biggest demographic behind China.
  • There has been a 160% jump in the number of students arriving from India over the past year, coinciding with a drop in Chinese student enrolments.
  • At the Australian Technology Network of Universities, which represents Deakin, Indian applications and offers are almost double 2019 levels, while Chinese applications are at 75% and grew by just 7% from 2022 to 2033.
Source: https://www.theguardian.com/australi...ampus-in-india

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks