Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2007, 15:46   #1
BHPian

heartwarming story

when 5th graders were asked which is their favorite car Dillon McBride of North Bay Elementary told that he would take a orange corvette over any other car.this made the dc crew to go out and and give him a ride in his favorite car with other corvette memorabilia.

Corvettes ride in to help fan

Clubs present memorabilia, money
By LEIGH COLEMAN
SUN HERALD

BILOXI --A caravan of Corvettes from Mississippi and Louisiana cruised into Biloxi on Saturday to present Corvette memorabilia and $1,000 to fifth-grader Dillon McBride better known as the "Orange Corvette Kid."

Dillon caught the attention of Corvette enthusiasts after his comments about his favorite car, an orange Corvette, were posted on the Web site DigitalCorvettes.com. His catchy nickname grew from there.

Dillon is the son of Clifford and Melissa Crosby who lost everything to Katrina.

In a Write On published in the Sun Herald in December, the young Corvette fan described his favorite car as the orange Corvette because they go really fast, about 180 mph.

"Dillon has captured our hearts and we just wanted to do something for the little guy," said Corvette owner and club coordinator, Chad Barnett. "Once I posted his comments about Corvettes on our Web site, it exploded from there and everyone wanted to do something for him."

Corvette enthusiasts from all over the country have sent Corvette related gifts to Dillon and his comments have spawned a flurry of interest on the Corvette Web site, club members said.

The members presented Dillon with 15 Corvette-related presents, including a model of an orange Corvette. As an added bonus, the Corvette clubs raised $1,000 and donated it to Dillon's school computer fund. He is a student at North Bay Elementary School in Biloxi.

"It is our hope as Corvette owners to encourage the next generation of owners," said Felix Famularo, a Corvette owner from New Orleans. "The most important thing we want for young people is for them to stay in school because we want them to get their Corvettes before we did."

The presentation celebration ended with Dillon taking a spin around the block in a real orange Corvette with an applauding audience sending him down the road.

"I explained some things about the Corvette while Dillon and I were cruising around and by the end of the ride he was having a big old time," continued Barnett.

DigitalCorvettes.com - An orange Vette for this kid

DigitalCorvettes.com - DC makes network news because of big hearts

click on the news cast to see the video.

Old 17th June 2007, 16:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

They should have just gifted him a corvette na..

That said,..luck kid!
Old 17th June 2007, 16:38   #3
BHPian

damn lucky kid. im gonna go around making comments like this too... but about lamborghinis , i hope the lambo online community is just as nice.
one lp640 for me please in yellow!!
Old 17th June 2007, 18:43   #4
Team-BHP Support

i can live with a Corvette my entire life.

Anybody listening?
Old 17th June 2007, 18:57   #5
BHPian

Wow! Great! Lucky kiddo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
damn lucky kid. im gonna go around making comments like this too... but about lamborghinis , i hope the lambo online community is just as nice.
one lp640 for me please in yellow!!
Maybe its only for youngsters! so they wont hear your comment!

A
Old 17th June 2007, 23:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

nice, they did something like this last year for kid with leukemia or another deadly disease..

Either way corvette community is really nice, i am part of one of them, just not DC..

Great people..

I am even part of the lambo community, but they are not 1/10 the men corvette guys are, actually quite arrogant and schmucks most of them, even the ferrari and porsche guys are nicer over all..It saddens me that most of the guys from my fav brand are like this, but who cares..

Anyhow this is a really nice thing they did..good for the boy..

Last edited by 1Day : 17th June 2007 at 23:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks