Team-BHP - The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The TV / Streaming shows thread (no spoilers please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/25760-tv-streaming-shows-thread-no-spoilers-please-101.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammarNazi (Post 3928037)
House of Cards : 4/5
Binged last Saturday itself. What a season! IMO It's just as intense as Season 1.

I liked the roller coaster ride but I think they are pushing the concept too far. The question is how will they wrap this up? I mean everything needs to end and will be interesting to see if they take this to a logical or an irrational conclusion.
Quote:

Originally Posted by maven (Post 3934957)
"The Night Manager", a 6 part mini series.

Vintage Le carre. Thanks for the heads up. Just watched the 1st episode and I am hooked!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 3931301)
Anybody watching trapped? Better than fortitude. Like most nordic noir, its a slow story, but brilliant. Esp for the visuals.

Tanveer. Saw the episode-1 of Trapped yesterday. It was brilliant. As you mentioned the visuals were fantastic. what a place to drive. :D Story is slow but seems good. Will be watching the rest of the episodes soon.

Any Daredevil Fans out there. Season 2 is out. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm_arun (Post 3935249)
Any Daredevil Fans out there. Season 2 is out. :thumbs up

What a glorious summer its going to be :D

Just finished binge watching Daredevil season 2 and it was awesome :)

There were small bits i didn't like but overall it was great.

Bob's Burgers is good. It's not as good as Archer. It is different. So if you are not expecting Archer's charismatic persona, then you are in for a treat. It's the same guy, in a different suit - homely, talkative, and a confused father of 3 unpredictable kids

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammarNazi (Post 3928037)
House of Cards : 4/5

Binged last Saturday itself. What a season! IMO It's just as intense as Season 1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3931293)
agree: Superb season. Far more entertaining than Season 3.

The storyline is intense and I really love the dialogues. You can't miss a word.

I just completed watching House Of Cards - Season 4 yesterday, and have the same comment - it's as intense and gripping as Season 1. Looking forward to Season 5.

'The Night Manager' just blew my mind!
Tom Hiddleston & Hugh Laurie just out of the world, especially the climax!

Quote:

Originally Posted by johannskaria (Post 3941937)
'The Night Manager' just blew my mind!
Tom Hiddleston & Hugh Laurie just out of the world, especially the climax!

Amen to that. A pity that it was just a mini series.

"The Hinterland". Is a BBC Wales production. Season 2 was broadcast earlier this year.

Fans of noir and crime should like this one.

Why can't we have some simple old re-runs like BBC's "Connections" or Animal Planet's "Batter sea Dog's Home"? Ah, those were the days...

Finished watching season 3 of Endeavour (prequel to Inspector Morse). One of my favourite shows.

Maigret (stars Rowan Atkinson) is a 2 episode mini series. Set in 1950's Paris. This is for Poirot and Marple fans.

Watching Better Call Saul Season 2 and Quantico right now. Quantico has gone really downhill these days. Saul Goodman, on the other hand, is going places.

Just finished billions, a great first season. The acting is good and story is really gripping if you are interested in financial world. Now waiting for season 2 starts.

IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4270492/

Another great show is also returning this year for its finale after much delays i.e. Person of interest.

I'm a bit late to TV shows, never had the motivation to watch and patience. Right now, I'm watching BBC's Sherlock, completed season 3 and finished S04E01.

Better call Saul is really taking it to a new level these last few episodes. S02E08 starts with a masterpiece shot at a US - Mexico border station of 4 minutes in a single take with an amazing background score! Best show on tv right now according to me.