Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2007, 00:26   #1
BHPian

New Swift Vxi - puja at showroom!

Bought a new Swift Vxi some time back. On the day of the delivery, it got quite late in the evening - around 9 p.m. And, I was thinking how I would take the car to a temple at that time. But lo and behold, a panditji was right there at the showroom, hovering around my new car as I was still talking with the dealer (happened to be a friend of a friend). What more could I ask for!

Panditji did the entire puja rituals right there, even before I had set my foot on the accelerator on my way home. The sweets, the roli, moli, flowers, dhoop, just about everything was present. I felt good after the puja, satisfied with the fact that the Gods had been worshipped before the first rev of the engine.

I must admit there was no such 'facility' available the last time I bought Santro or the 800 before that. People can have 'different' preferences about performing a puja. But for people on the run, or getting late, or those wanting it at the right time at the right place, this is a good thing.

No offence meant to anyone. Any comments, or any similar experiences?

- KK.
Old 30th June 2007, 01:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Was it a paid service ? or Complimentary ?
Old 30th June 2007, 01:14   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
One can call it complimentary. But, of course, one would be expected to give the 'dakshina' just as one would at the temple. But I did not have to pay for any of the 'saamagri' items.
Old 30th June 2007, 01:16   #4
BHPian

Aaaha, which other industry can provide this level of service? Taking God to the Beleiver! I hope one day I would be sitting in my office and feel like having Coffee and immediately Starbucks CEO would appear in front of me with a Coffee cup in hand.
Old 30th June 2007, 01:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

When we used to buy cars from former Maruti dealer PASCO Automobiles they always used to do PUJA of our car and also used to hand over a pack of sweets ... Damn i miss Pasco Automobiles.
Old 30th June 2007, 01:52   #6
BANNED

I still remember when we took delivery of my Dad's Fiat Padmini in 1983, they had a puja function for the car. I was only 3years old then and I remember the car being driven over fresh lemons etc...

I think most of the dealers in India do provide Puja services.
Old 1st July 2007, 14:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
One can call it complimentary. But, of course, one would be expected to give the 'dakshina' just as one would at the temple. But I did not have to pay for any of the 'saamagri' items.
How much "dakshina" did the pandit ask for? Or did he just take what you gave him? I was specifically asked for 501 for my car and 251 for my bike. This was at Kalkaji temple in Delhi by the way.
Old 1st July 2007, 16:11   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
How much "dakshina" did the pandit ask for?

Panditji did not ask for it. I gave him what I thought was a good amount. And, he did not say anything. He seemed like a good man.

Of course, later, I tried to calculate his total earnings of the day. If the showroom delivers even 10 cars in a day (and that is very conservative by today's standards), multiply that by just the minimum 3-figure amount and you have the Panditji earning handsomely the entire month.

But, of course, I don't hold anything against the man. What he did (or does) was a thorough job and I was satisfied.
Old 1st July 2007, 22:07   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nothing uncommon especially with Maruti dealers. Most dealers have full Time Panditjis.
Old 2nd July 2007, 21:07   #10
BHPian

Even when i took delivery from Sagar auto 2 yrs back, there was a pandit on premises. A year later they went a step ahead and even constructed a small temple on premises.

Cheers
Old 2nd July 2007, 21:12   #11
Senior - BHPian

The other day I took delivery of my cousin's Swift from Sai Service Mumbai, There was no puja but they did hand over a box of sweets to us apart from the garland which they put on their own. The also broke a coconut as far I remember so I can call it a mini puja. No driving over lemons or anything.
Old 2nd July 2007, 23:46   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

Any expected difference in the priest's rituals between the two ?!
Old 3rd July 2007, 00:05   #13
BHPian

Did you buy your Alto from Marketing times ? Bcoz they have this Puja service and the best part is the audio system which plays bells ringing.

Although a puja but could not take it seriously when i bought my Black Zen (not Estilo) from there in 2005 April.

Sold it off after 7 -8 mths though.
Old 3rd July 2007, 07:42   #14
Senior - BHPian

Yes, this is happening at quite a lot of showrooms, Panditji comes, reads something, puts tilak on yr forehead, puts the sign on the car, breaks coconut in front of car, expects a dakshina from you, OFF YOU GO THEN !!!

I have experienced it at Honda Agra with a friend and Hyundai Gurgaon , found it pretty interesting and I am talking about over 2 yrs back so not recently.
Old 3rd July 2007, 12:52   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Nothing uncommon especially with Maruti dealers. Most dealers have full Time Panditjis.
And yeah they do have a digital camera to take a picture of the entire staff you dealt with and your family with the car. Guess they provide prints too. Talk about customer service .

OT: Guys, any noticable difference in the performance of the car after performing Puja? My mom insisted on a Puja of my car too and I got it done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks