Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2022, 19:22   #16
BHPian

Re: My Dunzo / Simpl account got hacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
What did you do in this case? Did you pay the 250 Rs charge? If not did the calls stop on their own?
Why would i pay??

They use to call 10-15 times a day. Now they call once every week or so.
Abbas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 13:47   #17
Team-BHP Support

First of all, thanks to all the members for the replies. All thoughts and suggestions have been super helpful.

Quick update : Dunzo support got in touch with me on call. They asked for the screenshots of SMSs received which I shared with them via email.

They've also replied on email -
Quote:
This situation is not ordinary and these incidents are not typical of us. Our deepest apologies for the inconvenience caused. We understand how frustrating it must be for you. Rest assured, while we regret that this has happened, we assure you this has been escalated to the relevant team.
No response yet from Simpl. Just been getting calls to pay the bill, told them to reply on my email. Just ignoring them now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
Before deleting Dunzo account, login once and check whether your registered email id has changed. It is possible for an employee to change the registered email id, get an OTP to a fake email, login to Dunzo and create the fake orders. (And change back the email id to the original in which case it is difficult to trace).
The registered email ID is still the same. Have been getting emails on the registered email ID only, and the Dunzo support guy who I spoke to also confirmed that the email ID is the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I wouldn't pay for someone else, but if you feel peace of mind is most important than money, then, yes go-ahead please
There's good & bad news; since Simpl is not approved by RBI, your credit scores should not get affected
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
My guess is your credit score won't get impacted but Simpl would probably do several follow ups for delayed/pending payments and then handover your account to collection agencies for the same. These would be similar to the various personal loans Android apps (Chinese and local firms based) that became very infamous for their dubious collection processes.
Relieved now knowing that not paying won't affect the CIBIL. Won't be paying. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
To begin with, I am appalled that someone actually ordered Basmati Rice, Cashews and Ghee to their "office". So much for fried rice cravings.

Quote:
I reckon your account(s) has been compromised. Thumb rule - Before uninstalling any app, deactivate your account and have written confirmation of the same from the opposite party. In this instance, there is a possibility that someone logged into your credentials on Dunzo as well as Simpl to be the Brutus.
Don't think I will be deleting the account till this gets resolved. Not like they can use the Dunzo or Simpl any further. There are no saved cards & Simpl credit is maxxed. And now that Dunzo has reached out, will see how this plays out.

Quote:
As far as Simpl goes, I can share their CEO's email ID with you as well as their escalation email ID. PM me. I had a pickle a few months and got it sorted within hours thanks to a crisp email to their CEO.
I have emailed the Simpl CEO as well, thanks to BHPian aargee who shared the email addresses. Haven't heard back from them yet.
Omkar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 16:18   #18

Dunzo has suffered (multiple?) data breaches in the past. Then there are other data breaches as well, some of them also containing your plaintext/hashed passwords.

These are made available for a small charge in the underground forums, eventually that is available for free. If you reuse passwords in multiple apps/sites and one of them gets breached, then theoretically it is not very difficult to get access to accounts (or even check 100s of accounts if they have simpl enabled).

If this is such a case then Simpl should be able to find other affected accounts as well.

Please do keep us updated if you get any official reply from Simpl.
Old 12th December 2022, 17:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Relieved now knowing that not paying won't affect the CIBIL. Won't be paying. Thanks!
Don't make that mistake. These NBFCs do report to credit bureaus. Check the T&C of Simpl at https://getsimpl.com/terms-and-conditions

Check your CIBIL report. You will find One Sigma Technologies Private Limited or Xeropay Technologies Private Limited on it.

My Dunzo / Simpl account got hacked-20221212_170310.jpg
Old 12th December 2022, 19:36   #20
BHPian

thanks for this...I also had a Simpl account and just closed it as I was not using the account and didnt want any fradulent charges on it. I have not faced any issues with them and the account was closed in 5 mins.
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 20:51   #21
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Relieved now knowing that not paying won't affect the CIBIL. Won't be paying. Thanks!.
Not paying Simpl dues will affect your CIBIL scores.
All BNPL uses lends through a lending partner.
Eg: Amazon paylater lending partner is CapFloat financial service
Flipkart paylater lending partner is IDFC First bank
These lending partners are RBI regulated financial institutions. So, even if Simpl does not report to CIBIL, the lending partners (who actually finances the money you spend via Simpl) will report to CIBIL

Last edited by mxx : 12th December 2022 at 20:53.
mxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 23:18   #22
BHPian

All of a sudden, my simpl stopped working on Zomato and BigBasket. Didn't know what the issue was. Logged into Simpl app and navigated through their Chat bot and it said my account is blocked. This is the exact message on the app:

Quote:
Your Simpl account is currently blocked because we have observed irregular spending or repayment behaviour. We will not be able to unblock your account at the moment. As a result you will not be able to use Simpl.
I have been using Simpl for almost 2 years now and haven't once missed a payment!

Reached out to their CS and this is the answer i got from them:

Quote:
Sorry to know about this. I understand this is not a great experience we intend to provide at Simpl. Please accept our sincere apologies.

As per my diagnosis, I would like to inform you that we have a few requisite checks which run on every account periodically. It’s likely that one of our requisite checks running in the background has put the account on hold. Hence, you will not be able to transact using Simpl for the time being.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to override the requisite checks. Apologies from our end.
So basically, I was locked out and wasn't informed and don't know if (or when) I will ever be reactivated again

Don't want to bother with Simpl again. Too much of a hassle to write to CEO etc May be they want customers who pay their exorbitant late fees or take EMI with sky high interest rate!
naveenvenkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 19:33   #23
Team-BHP Support

I was just wondering why the Simpl 5 reminder calls a day had stopped. Checked the inbox to find an email stating this!

Quote:
Hello Omkar,

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Please note that since "Dunzo" was taking longer than expected to resolve this issue, we will waive the total amount of INR 5250.0 from your current due amount within 24-48 hours.

You will not be receiving any payment reminders for the disputed transactions done with Dunzo.

Appreciate your patience and cooperation.
Regards,
Simpl Support Team
Took over 2 months, but glad that this got resolved.

Dunzo got the ball rolling on this case. They got back asking for all the details. Then confirmed in a couple of days that the account was compromised. Didn't give more info on how it got compromised. Further, they confirmed that they blocked the IP address which was used to access my account and phone number too. They said that they will get in touch with the Simpl team for further resolution.

Simpl seemed very stubborn in terms of understanding what the problem was. No one from their problem resolution team got in touch with me on call. The only calls I was getting were to remind me to clear the bill and had to explain to them what the case was. Every time, I just asked them to check the email chain. Meanwhile I was following up with Simpl team on email asking them to look into this case (also sent them a link to this thread).

The Dunzo team and Simpl team took about a month to communicate and reach a common ground to waive the transactions.

As for me, I'm deleting both Dunzo and Simpl accounts.

Thanks to all the members for their helpful comments.

Last edited by Omkar : 1st February 2023 at 19:35.
Omkar is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks