Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2023, 00:58   #1
Team-BHP Support

Your automotive resolutions & car plans for 2023

The year 2023 starts today. Like we did last year, let's talk about our resolutions regarding the automotive world and what car plans we have for the year. What are the targets we want to achieve or the bad habits that we want to get rid off?

Here are mine.

1. I'm going to get the car back in shape. Over 2022, I've had very little time to give my Corolla some TLC. It looks like it's back from a war zone at the moment.

2. I will honk only when absolutely necessary. There's already a lot of noise out there. I don't use the horn much and I plan to reduce the use further.

3. I will be sure that everyone in the car belts up. Till now I have been lenient with the rear seat occupants. No more of that.

4. I didn't get a traffic challan throughout 2022. I'll make sure I repeat this performance in 2023.

To bring some balance here, I have to do something crazy as well. So,

5. I'm going to get myself a fixed gear bike and attempt some crazy climbs.

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st January 2023 at 14:32. Reason: Minor typo.
Aditya is offline   (44) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 01:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Your automotive resolutions & car plans for 2023

1. I will make sure my better half gains confidence in driving and starts using the car for office commutes.
2. Will get back to motor-biking this year and do at least a couple of highway trips.
3. Will try to keep calm while driving (I know fellow road-users won’t change), no matter how tricky the situation gets in our hooligan-traffic.
4. Have never got a challan in my decade of driving and will strive to keep that streak

Wish fellow BHPians a very happy 2023

Last edited by SoumenD : 1st January 2023 at 01:14.
SoumenD is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 01:52   #3
BHPian

A very happy new year 2023 to everyone! Here's to a fantastic year ahead.

For me personally, here they are:
  • Continue being safe (always wearing a seat belt, adjusting headrests properly while encouraging others to do the same, etc.) and set a good example for others whenever needed.
  • Learn some basics about DIY maintenance.
  • Continue acquiring knowledge about cars in general.

Here's the list we have for both the cars in our garage, pretty simple:
  • Get PPF for our Superb (currently being finished off ).
  • Trace and fix a strange squeaking sound in our Fiesta.
  • Go on a ton of fun drives in both our cars.
  • Continue maintaining both cars in tip top condition.

Not really a comprehensive list. However, everything can basically be summarised as: have as good a time as possible, appreciate and thoroughly care for these beautiful machines and be safe at the same time.

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 1st January 2023 at 02:03.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 05:32   #4
BHPian

My resolutions are pretty simple and straight forward every year
Hence
Drive responsibily
Drive more
Regards
rajeevsulu is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 06:28   #5
BHPian

I drove 25000 kms in 2022 (XUV500) and started motorcycling (CBR300R) again (1500 kms 2022)

In 2023,

planning a drive to North East from Bangalore
planning 4 to 5 hours ride every weekend in my motorcycle
And 2500 kms of running to keep my weight under control

And more importantly keep cool with the Traffic in Bangalore
Swaminathan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 08:01   #6
BHPian

I learnt being calm and composed during road rages and started enjoying it. Will continue to do the same.

Will Drive Safe and will Live To Drive.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 09:07   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Just some minor resolutions.
  • Continue to take good care of my car. Now it is in its 10th year so pretty sure it will need some enhanced care. 2022 was a good year with some good mechanical and cosmetic updates.
  • Have plans to change my bike which is now 10 + years old and maybe ride more.
  • With my car now remapped, I am hearing from family that I have become more aggressive with respect to my
    driving. This is something I need to watch out for and control.
  • Take more breaks while driving. I tend to drive long without breaks.
  • As always continue to be able to drive and ride more.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 09:18   #8
BHPian

1. Get a 2 wheeler license here in US and buy a commuter bike for short distance grocery runs
2. Continue to drive my current ride , although the urge for a 2 seater car is itching
3. Do some go karting in a nearby track and introduce my daughter to the same
4. Spend more time teaching my daughter on automobiles and the gear concept
mazda4life is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 09:58   #9

I am loving this idea of personal promises.

Here are mine:
1. I will make a conscious effort to not get annoyed at other commuters while on road, especially when I am not at fault.
2. I will strike a balance between driving and riding. I have not taken my 10 year old Apache RTR 160 out in a long while. I got it serviced last week. Starting with some quick rides to get warmed up.
3. I wish to spend 1 hr every week to help my wife get her driving practice. She needs a confidence boost to drive in the city.
ksbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 11:42   #10
BHPian

Happy new year BHPians! Here are my automotive resolutions:

- Do the badge swap on our MG Hector as detailed here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...mg-hector.html (Should I ‘ironic-badge’ my MG Hector?)
- Get some Team-BHP stickers for the Hector.
- Visit more auto shows (already partially fulfilled, I’m attending BMW JoyTown and the Auto Expo this year )
- Get more of my car-enthusiast friends to join Team-BHP!
Arsenic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 12:51   #11
BHPian

I hope I'm able to achieve at least these two points in 2023:

1. Purchase a new automatic car to replace my 2010 Ritz. Get out of analysis paralysis for this purchase. 15 year NGT ruling is like a hanging sword.

2. Get my better half to learn driving so that she can use the new car.

I also hope to continue to drive safely without hurting anyone else or myself with any challans. Last but not the least, I hope to be part of TBHP meet.

Last edited by headbanger : 1st January 2023 at 13:08.
headbanger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 13:03   #12
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy New Year 2023, folks.

My 2023 automotive resolutions:
1. Wake up from the covid era induced slumber and get out more frequently on short weekend drives, I have tons of places to explore in the < 200 Km radius and my bucket list is overflowing

2. Buy a new car (something bigger, powerful and more exciting to drive) to replace my fuss-free 14 year old Gen 1 Swift Dzire VXI Petrol. Easier said than done, I'm expecting this to be a tough nut to crack since I don't really know what my exact/specific requirements are!

3. Go out on longer drives exploring new places further away from Namma Bengaluru (multi-day longer trips), it's been quite a while since I did that!

Last edited by NPV : 1st January 2023 at 13:06.
NPV is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 13:56   #13
GTO
Team-BHP Support

We bought a new car in 2021 & then one in 2022. So no new cars for a while. Going to enjoy our existing garage.

Resolutions:

- Teaching my brother's wife driving and making her an expert . She has just started driving lessons on a City MT.

- Modifying the Thar some more. I think we have already fitted like 20 after-market parts in it.

- More road-trips .

- More Team-BHP Food Donation Drives.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd January 2023 at 09:28.
GTO is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 14:22   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

My automotive resolutions are probably going to go the opposite direction of most folks here - drive less!!!

2022 snapshot
- Combined kms on my car, my motorbike & scooter: < 5000 kms
- Combined kms on my cycles and feet: > 3000 kms

My resolution for 2023 is to focus more on fitness primarily through cycling and running; starting with leveraging my cycle for office trips soon. While I'm not sure what the resultant impact will be on my ICE vehicles mileage in 2023, but it's definitely going to equal or lesser than 2022.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
It might help to mention it as a fixed gear 'cycle' rather than a 'bike'

The hills are literally a stone's throw away from the city. All the best in your endeavors!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 1st January 2023 at 14:26.
ninjatalli is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 14:48   #15
Team-BHP Support

Before getting into 2023 predictions, I did a quick check on how I fared on 2022 vis a vis what I had expected.

My 2022 post quoted below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
First and foremost, cycle more, whether indoors or outdoors. I’ve had an almost two year break from regular cycling - need to rebuild both endurance and speed from nearly scratch. Would like to put in enough base training to be able to do 100 - 130 km rides easily.
BIG FAIL! I’ve barely cycled at all in 2022. Good thing is I’m back to running regularly - now only need to gradually progress to pre covid pace and endurance (from which I’m a long way off). Also need to pad on the cycling miles to this now that one discipline is baked into my weekly schedule.

Quote:
FY 2022 - 23 might see me buy a second car. Let’s see though I am trying to push this as late into the GT’s age as possible. October 2022 the 3GT will be 7 years old. My most likely shortlist is the Meridian / 2022 Tucson and Kodiaq. But you never know.
As planned. Ended up getting the Meridian.

Quote:
More road trips, both in the car and the bike. I don’t believe we will holiday overseas in 2022 either so if it’s domestic holidays we’re planning I’d love for it to involve a nice drive.
Partly as planned. I did ride a LOT, specially with the unplanned purchase of the Multistrada adding to the incentive of planting more miles. I didn’t do as many driving holidays (we did a few long weekend getaways of course) but partly also because unlike my original expectation we did get back to international travel with two overseas holidays (Aug and Dec) and our domestic vacation was also in Kashmir back in April which wasn’t feasible as a driving trip.

2023 - what to expect:

Cars:

No car purchases this year nor am I planning to sell the GT (or the i10). So car garage remains intact. It’ll be nice if I can do a Goa sort of drive in my Meridian but will have to see if feasible. Not going to go out of my way to make it happen.

Bikes:

My Tiger will likely get sold at some point this calendar to make space for my next ADV, which I will buy either late 2023 or early 2024. I wouldn’t mind having only the Multi for a while so I can prioritize miles on one bike before I buy the next one. Once the next ADV is purchased, most likely I will sell the Multi as well.

Other than that, if I decide I want to do track days more often, I might get myself a cheap and cheerful track bike (maybe a KTM or something). Completely 50:50 on this depending on whether I plan to do track days or not. Might even decide to rent instead of buying to start with.

Bicycles:

Like I said earlier, I will definitely be back to more miles on the run, bike, swim front and that’s another aspect that’s leading me to de-prioritize riding and driving just a little bit. Specially riding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
To bring some balance here, I have to do something crazy as well. So,

Nice!! Which fixie do you have in mind?

Last edited by Axe77 : 1st January 2023 at 15:03.
Axe77 is online now   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks