Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2023, 14:04   #31

Re: Leaving college halfway through, and changing my field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
I don't know enough about your tech background while you do your Commerce degree to be able to suggest a specific path but feel free to ask your questions here so than they can be answered.
I have some experience with Python programming and SQL databases(I opted for Commerce with IP instead of Mathematics in Class 11 and 12). I know the basics of Python and have some limited knowledge of libraries such as Numpy,Pandas,Matplotlib etc.
I couldn't do any coding after joining college because I was too busy with both Bcom and CA. Now,I am trying to improve my programming skills on a part time basis as I am not pursuing CA anymore
Streetracer_372 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 23:07   #32
One
BHPian

Re: Leaving college halfway through, and changing my field?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetracer_372 View Post
I have some experience with Python programming and SQL databases(I opted for Commerce with IP instead of Mathematics in Class 11 and 12). I know the basics of Python and have some limited knowledge of libraries such as Numpy,Pandas,Matplotlib etc.
I couldn't do any coding after joining college because I was too busy with both Bcom and CA. Now,I am trying to improve my programming skills on a part time basis as I am not pursuing CA anymore
It's good to know you are already acquainted with the concept of programming to a degree. With that background, coming to your question of certifications etc. this is one of the ways I would recommend if you are on a self-study mode:
1. Pick something small like Android.
2. Pick an introductory course and start.
3. Do a simple task like creating a text box with submit button on one screen which on pressing submit shows the same text on a next screen.
4. Continue building on step (3.) above by adding simple steps like on pressing submit, open camera, take a picture, save it and then fetch it on the next screen.
5. Keep playing with steps 3 & 4 by adding random features to your app.
6. Finish the course.
7. Build a small app without googling using only Android documentation and the course you did. This step is important just to test if you have the patience to do something in software if an answer is not readily available or there's a bug to solve in future.

The above steps will not make you an Android programmer but it will tell you if you like programming and programming likes you back. Also it is just one of the ways of learning but I have noticed it is one of the easier ways to get started for freshers/ beginners in terms of self-study.

Feel free to ping in case of any further queries and all the best.
One is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks