Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2007, 17:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

Please heed this warning. I'm a ceiling fan survivor myself - the fan in our living room fell towards me as I was lying on the coffee table DIRECTLY below it. Dont ask me why I was doing so because I was about 7 years old then (4th STD).

I saw it drop (I was facing upwards) and rolled off the coffee table just in time. If I hadnt, I may not have been writing this here.
Old 26th July 2007, 18:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Glad that all of you got away with it. I have also wondered about this sometime, but this is the first time i am hearing about it. I will check all the fans in my house too. I used to wonder if those hooks on the wall can come loose.
Old 26th July 2007, 21:07   #18
BHPian

oh my god, it is scary.. Thank god, you got away with it.
These things happen in fraction of seconds (Steeroid you were luck, you saw it before) and there would be no time to react. This is alarming and all of us should start spending time to check fans once in a year atleast for the safety of ourself and our family. It is worth paying few hundred bucks to electrician for getting this done.
Especially those who stay in rented houses, these kind of things are most neglected.

I have one of my aunt who is scared of ceiling fans (She never sits or sleeps under the fan - kinda phobia?) and most of us used to make fun of it. But not any more.
Old 26th July 2007, 21:27   #19
BANNED

thank god ..all are safe suren........how is everyone now still in shock or everything normal.
Old 26th July 2007, 23:46   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

After you've paid your few hundred to your electrician, its worth checking he did it right!
Old 27th July 2007, 12:15   #21
BHPian

Thanks to all you friends for the concern and support. The kids are fine, None are in shock, only the elder one is a bit wary of using the ceiling fan now.

I would only want this to be spread in your circle of known people and otherwise, for as you have seen in this thread some have had the ill fortune to have personally experienced it.

@ Steeroid: I must say you were lucky mate.

@ Zappo: Now I know where you inherited the sense of humor and impeccable timing from.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks