Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2023, 19:14   #46
BHPian

Re: The Overseas Shopping Thread | What to buy, prices, advice

I bought the S23 Ultra for 1058 Singapore Dollars from OnePhone Shop in Singapore. That is about 68,000 INR. In India, the phone is about 1.06lacs after discounts. Also, the iphone 14 pro max is for 92,000 INR on Changi airport official site.

Check it out guys!
sjain2054 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 22:49   #47
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjain2054 View Post
Also, the iphone 14 pro max is for 92,000 INR on Changi airport official site.
Did you manage to place an order & collect it from the Collection Centre at Changi? I think its easier that way as its duty free & by far the cheapest available option. Was looking at the 14 Pro on their site but there was no stock & the Pro Max wasn't deliverable at the last moment!
Old 31st August 2023, 10:07   #48
BHPian

Quote:
I bought the S23 Ultra for 1058 Singapore Dollars from OnePhone Shop in Singapore. That is about 68,000 INR. In India, the phone is about 1.06lacs after discounts. Also, the iphone 14 pro max is for 92,000 INR on Changi airport official site.

Check it out guys!
Does S23 Ultra purchased in Singapore work with Indian Sim Cards? I have read amazon reviews that S23 Ultra bought in US don't work with Indian SIM Cards
Old 1st September 2023, 11:09   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
Does S23 Ultra purchased in Singapore work with Indian Sim Cards? I have read amazon reviews that S23 Ultra bought in US don't work with Indian SIM Cards
Yes, it works just fine. I took it to the Samsung service center in Bhopal to check if it is an original and it reflected in their systems clearly. No worries there too. The only downside is that the 1 year manufacturer warranty is available only in Singapore and not in India. I was willing to take that risk because nothing really happens to such quality products within 1 year of purchase. After that, it is anyway out of warranty whether I am in SG or IN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Did you manage to place an order & collect it from the Collection Centre at Changi? I think its easier that way as its duty free & by far the cheapest available option. Was looking at the 14 Pro on their site but there was no stock & the Pro Max wasn't deliverable at the last moment!
One can place the order on the iChangi app or website and collect it after check-in from the collection counter. Note that you can collect the order only after check-in. Alternatively, you can order from the duty free shop in Changi and also get the item delivered to you in Singapore and then carry it outside SG. That is amazing! Honestly, the iChangi app gives really really great deals for all categories of products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Unless it's something we don't get in India. Like a few years back I bought my Ultraboost from Singapore at a time when it was not yet available in India and when it was available it was more expensive.

My observation has been that items imported into India are generally more expensive than in Singapore.
I agree! In the Uniqlo store at Singapore, every common item available in SG and IN was about 5 to 10 Singapore dollars cheaper in Singapore. Most of their other collection is not even available in India. I shopped like mad for daily wear.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th September 2023 at 14:40. Reason: Please edit or multi-quote (QUOTE+) your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
sjain2054 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 14:34   #50
BHPian

Things to get from Indonesia?

I am planning to make a short trip this month-end to Jakarta, anything you folks would recommend to buy from there (unique or cheaper than elsewhere)?
Old 9th September 2023, 17:44   #51
BHPian

Quote:
I bought the S23 Ultra for 1058 Singapore Dollars from OnePhone Shop in Singapore. That is about 68,000 INR. In India, the phone is about 1.06lacs after discounts.
Woah that's a steal. Even in UAE this retails for around 85K in INR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks