Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2007, 13:13   #1

Wanted: Lotus Exige (or Elise) in India

Does anyone know of a place in India where I can get my hands on a second hand Lotus Exige or even an Elise? Do let me know...
cheers
Saurabh
Old 5th August 2007, 14:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhg View Post
Does anyone know of a place in India where I can get my hands on a second hand Lotus Exige or even an Elise? Do let me know...
cheers
Saurabh

i think you're post should be in indian market thread(not this one)
Old 5th August 2007, 17:10   #3
Senior - BHPian

saurabh you could try at choksi in bom. he used to have an elan conv for sale.
Old 8th August 2007, 06:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

very difficult to find these, even if you find one you will have to fully restore it. Parts will be an issue and Lotus is very very expensive (online reviews) to maintain and restore.
Hardly any Lotus has been reported in good to fair condition. the best one may have seen is the Gautam Singhania's (of Raymond) Lotus Elise which itself has gone through its own share of problems (mostly mechanical) most of the times.
If you are serious in buying such a used car, keep your options open for other makes and models too.
Old 8th August 2007, 08:43   #5
Team-BHP Support

With current import regulations, chances of finding one in India is zilch. The Raymonds one is totally shot. Not worth buying an Elise unless you live in the South near a track
Old 8th August 2007, 11:42   #6
Senior - BHPian

Elise is not meant for India unless you intend to always park it in a track. I managed to drive the Exige this trip. Was blown away by the car's dynamics, handling and acceleration. However getting in and out for a guy with a 6ft+ frame is next to impossible. Also the ground clearance is in millimeters. It'll break into two pieces on the first pothole in India.
Old 8th August 2007, 11:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Are they sold in Malaysia since Proton is now the owner.
Old 8th August 2007, 11:50   #8
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Honestly, this is one car I would love to own at the moment. The Exige S. Needless to say she will be treated the way she ought to.
Old 8th August 2007, 12:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
saurabh you could try at choksi in bom. he used to have an elan conv for sale.
the Elan you refer to is History! nothing is right with the car, even if it is still around. it has a great history to it though. it was brought in brand new and Rajesh khanna had gifted it to his lady love Dimple at that time! then it went through several accidents et al and finally landed up at chokshi's. I was to buy this car in 1992 from chokshis, thats 15 years back! but backed out after seeing the rough handling it had gone thru.

There are no newer lotus's around for sale IMO.
Old 8th August 2007, 12:29   #10
Team-BHP Support

There was a white Elan (the front wheel drive Isuzu engined one) at the Hudson circle petrol bunk but that has disappeared
Old 8th August 2007, 12:34   #11
Team-BHP Support

Wow. That Elan has sure gone places! I've personally seen that car in atleast 2 different colours! Sad end to an otherwise beautiful car.
Old 8th August 2007, 12:38   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Wow. That Elan has sure gone places! I've personally seen that car in atleast 2 different colours! Sad end to an otherwise beautiful car.
It used to be a fantastic car Robin, had my eyes on her from the time she came in, in the '80s, But probably had bad stars
maybe 4 colour changes! and it was Quick, had test driven her way back in '92.
Old 9th August 2007, 12:33   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
the Elan you refer to is History! nothing is right with the car, even if it is still around. it has a great history to it though. it was brought in brand new and Rajesh khanna had gifted it to his lady love Dimple at that time! then it went through several accidents et al and finally landed up at chokshi's. I was to buy this car in 1992 from chokshis, thats 15 years back! but backed out after seeing the rough handling it had gone thru.

There are no newer lotus's around for sale IMO.
scooby are you refering to the elan convertible. it used to be grey when i was in coll. bought brand new by this guy studying in coll with me in 93/94. it used to be grey or silver dont remember but later repainted to yellow. last i had seen it was at choksi's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks