Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2023, 14:34   #1
BHPian

Other websites similar to Team-BHP (in other countries)

Hello there! I've been a long time lurker in this forum, and I'm finally starting a thread here.
My question is, are there any other forums like Team BHP for other countries, too? It would be pretty informative and fun to scroll through them at work

By other websites, I don't mean car review sites like carwow or cars.usnews. I mean an actual forum like this one, where you have a vast expanse of information about cars in other countries.

Looking forward to read the responses from knowledgeable BHPians!
Pythonista is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 12th November 2023, 18:22   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Other websites similar to Team-BHP (in other countries)

- For Indian Cars, Team-BHP rocks .

- Big lover of Reddit here, and they have an amazing community for cars - check out the week's top discussions here.

- Ferrarichat.com is a beautiful forum for Ferraris, other exotics & luxury cars.

- Jalopnik comments used to be good, now they are just okay.

- A few NYTimes articles have great comments & discussion (random example).

- Other than these & a handful more, unfortunately, forums are dead and it does upset me. Big believer in the power of communities here. It's impossible for new forums to compete with WhatsApp & Facebook Groups today. The biggest challenge for new forums or small existing ones is to even get noticed. BCMTouring.com recently announced they are shutting down. xBHP.com forums are dead.

Forums require a lot of love & commitment = Team-BHP & Reddit will keep rocking .

Last edited by GTO : 12th November 2023 at 18:26.
GTO is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 12th November 2023, 20:09   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been and still am a member of various car forums around the world. Mostly forum dedicated to one specific car manufacturer and or model.

These forums tend to be a true fountain of knowledge about the respective car. They also tend to focus a lot on DIY on those respective models.

The American forums tend to be the best in this respect. If a car was sold in the USA ever, there will be one or more active owner forums.

Germany and the UK are similar and to some extend France as well. But unless you are able to read and write German and or France it will be relevant.

I know of very few general car forums and none that equals TeamBHP in size and depth on car topics and also all kind of other topics I find interesting.

Facebook is taking over to some extend. Lots and lots of different Facebook groups on different cars, models, general automotive, classic cars and so on.

I am a member of at least half a dozen Facebook specific Car manufacturing FB groups. But I must admit I prefer proper forums by a large margin.

But to GTOs point general car forums seem to be a dying breed.

I have pointed this out before. When you are interested in car forums and or events, you are better off getting a classic car rather than a modern.

All the guys who 20-30 years ago were active on all kinds of car fora, are like me, old guys with a classic car. Classic car scene is booming in the west. I can spend 24/7 online on classic car forums and going to classic car events and exhibition!

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 12th November 2023, 20:15   #4
Team-BHP Support

If anybody is curious about the automotive scene of our friendly neighbor to the West, take at look at PakWheels.com forum
https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/

Their travelogue section is especially interesting.
https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/c/travel-n-tours

However, their forum software is a bit clunky.

They also have a Youtube channel with a not-too-shabby 2 million subscribers
https://www.youtube.com/@PakWheels/videos

Last edited by SmartCat : 12th November 2023 at 20:16.
SmartCat is online now   (13) Thanks
Old 12th November 2023, 20:17   #5
BHPian

E46 Forum, M5 Board, Swedespeed, 67-72 chevy trucks forum, Grassroots Motorsports, Reddit are some of the forums that I browse along with Team Bhp.

They are informative however are brand specific.
Manoj2268 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 00:54   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
-
- Big lover of Reddit here, and they have an amazing community for cars - check out the week's top discussions here.

Forums require a lot of love & commitment = Team-BHP & Reddit will keep rocking .
Inherent problem with reddit is that trolling and bias towards one or another brands leads to low quality or useless posts which deter from discussions that should be actually taking place on a car enthusiasts forum because unlike tbhp where mods do a commendable job of keeping the forum clean on reddit mods are usually inactive and quantity takes precedence over quality.

So reddit as a platform is great and there are many useful subs.I personally prefer reddit over all other social media apps and but some subs get out of hand.

Last edited by BleueNinja : 13th November 2023 at 00:57.
BleueNinja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2023, 11:30   #7
BHPian

To know more about the automotive scenes in our friendly western neighbour, you can visit www.carspiritpk.com. Though there is a lot less engagement than what one would wish for, there are a lot of soul-searching articles for Pakistan's automotive industry. Mr.Usman Ansari does write a lot of thought provoking articles and maintains the site with a very small team, if I am not wrong! He was earlier writing articles for Pakwheels.com but runs his own site.

A lot of times, we are cursing about the high taxes and not enough options that exist here in India compared to the West. But there are a lot of articles in CarSpiritPK that heaps praises about India's automotive industry.

P.S: I, in no way, have any affiliation to the website. It's just a very good site that deserves a mention here.
i10_sanjay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 11:16   #8
Senior - BHPian

I find that the comment sections on the group of South American Motor1 websites are well-moderated and provide some high-quality insights into the automotive scene there. I'm not talking about the reviews and tests the publications themselves do, but the comments left there by consumers and enthusiasts. We have a number of models in common with them, and there is a pattern in some of the typical comments and complaints in India and South America.

It's particularly nice to see what they think about cars that are either common with India or exported from here, and see how they stand up to a broader competition like the little Fiats and Peugeots they get there. Sometimes when a model launches there first or the brand is otherwise more popular (eg. Citroën) the discussion there helps set expectations straight for the Indian model before the local media can get their hands on it.

A downside is that you need a browser or extension with good automatic translation, because the comments are in Spanish (or Portuguese in the case of Brasil).

Last edited by ron178 : 14th November 2023 at 11:17.
ron178 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 20:24   #9
BHPian

I like prius chat , the go to forum for all generations of Toyota Prius Hybrid .
Pretty active , full of technical information and super supportive , irespective of the country you come from .

https://priuschat.com/forum/
Rovergen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 01:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

https://www.igotasti.com/
I was looking for something technical and landed up on the igotasti forum many years ago. The people were helpful and I got my info. Of course, since I don't have a Subaru WRX STi, I don't go there often.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 01:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

teambhp and Rangerovers.net are the only go-to sites for me.
I do browse many others such as Carscoop, The Drive and Motortrend but as Forums go, only 2.

Teambhp - for the Community. Post anything and I'm sure to find a good conversation. Well, we know the rest.

Rangerovers.net - My helpdesk. . Great repository of knowledge and many many helpful folk internationally. Quite active too.

I used to engage in good conversations on Jalopnik the days David Tracy was around. He was kind of my neighbor in Rochester Hills, MI. Since he and a bunch of others left, it got boring out there.

Last edited by 14000rpm : 15th November 2023 at 01:58.
14000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks