Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2023, 21:35   #16

Re: Farewell to the felt | Quitting the full-time Poker scene

Yes, there are professional rummy players as well. They mostly play high stakes live instead of online.
crazy_coyote166 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 12:18   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_coyote166 View Post
  • Building something tangible at the end of the day. I want to have something to show at the end of 10yrs and not just numbers in my bank account.
Buddy in my opinion being a poker player is way cooler than being a mid manager in some hum-drum company MNC or otherwise. Don't underestimate your skills. If i would see professional poker player experience in a resume my ears would immediately perk up. Anyway best of luck for your future endeavors.
Old 16th November 2023, 13:25   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
Buddy in my opinion being a poker player is way cooler than being a mid manager in some hum-drum company MNC or otherwise. Don't underestimate your skills. If i would see professional poker player experience in a resume my ears would immediately perk up. Anyway best of luck for your future endeavors.
Haha. That is more or less the reason why I started playing poker. I saw the VPs at Flipkart and wasn't sure that I wanted to be them after 10yrs. I was making similar money and thought I will have a better lifestyle. I had elaborated this on my post as well.

Anyway, checkout this comment on HN thread discussing this post. "bluecalm" is the inventor of Piosolver( a software tool to study Poker which revolutionised the industry) and he talks about how Poker lures analytical minded folks. He has made millions of dollars more than me in Poker and has a similar view point.

Long term, I am not arguing that being a middle manager in a company is the best way forward. Its about building something with smart folks and the satisfaction that comes with it. It could be a startup or a middle manager in a company. Whatever works for you.
crazy_coyote166 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks