Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2007, 00:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Refurbished/used means there has been a previous owner, right ? The shop that is selling you this would have bought this camcorder from the 1st owner with his bill(possibly). Just ask for that.
Old 10th August 2007, 01:16   #17
BHPian

the stuff on that site is refurbished. is there any warranty? it will depend on your luck how long it will work. ive bought a refurbished xbox and it still works just fine.
for those worried about customs, come thru chennai airport. i've successfully brought 2 laptops and many bottles of alcohol with absolutely no problem. heck ive never even seen a red channel there.
Old 10th August 2007, 01:21   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
I just bumped into this website and my jaws dropped!!

Check it out: The Refurb Depot | #1 Source For All Things Refurbished
Dude thank you ! I'm already making good use of this website. I needed a cheap replacement for my 5 year old fuji digicam. I bought the Lumix off this website. Will keep you guys posted on how it turns out and whether to believe this website or not !
Thanks nitrous!
Old 10th August 2007, 01:22   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
ive bought a refurbished xbox and it still works just fine.
dude where'd you get your refurb xbox from i'd love to get one.
Old 10th August 2007, 02:47   #20
BHPian

Clearance Club - Cheap laptops and notebooks is also a good place to shop from. I have not bought any thing from it yet though
Old 10th August 2007, 02:55   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Refurbished/used means there has been a previous owner, right ? The shop that is selling you this would have bought this camcorder from the 1st owner with his bill(possibly). Just ask for that.
Not Exactly
Here is what clearanceclub says about it:-
There are lots of things that can label items factory reconditioned or factory refurbished. Some are so frivolous, it's laughable. But because consumer laws prevent manufacturers from selling anything considered factory reconditioned as "new", the second consumer gets the best deal. Here are a few examples:
- Most major retail superstores offer a 30-day money back guarantee on their products and there are those consumers that just simply take advantage of that. These items are returned to the manufacturer, inspected and repackaged like new.
- Items where the box or casing was damaged in shipment which are returned to the manufacturer.
- The item was returned to the manufacturer because of a slight defect. The part that was defective was replaced by the manufacturer, tested and then repackaged just like new.
- The item was returned because of a minor cosmetic blemish on the casing that was corrected.
- Demonstration units are also considered factory reconditioned. These units are inspected, tested and repackaged.
- The box was simply opened. That's it!
- Brand new overstocked items are also labeled factory reconditioned.
It is impossible to know the history of each item, but for whatever reason the unit gets labeled factory reconditioned it is inspected & serviced by the manufacturer then tested and repackaged to meet original product specifications. All merchandise is warranted by the original manufacturer unless otherwise specified.
Old 10th August 2007, 10:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Not always. There are other reasons for refurbishment too, as pointed out by another member. Even if it was, why would they give you a bill copy from the previous owner? I'm sure they can't even track the previous owner, because the refurbishment was probably done at the manufacturer's level, since in this case it's the manufacturer offering a 90 day warranty.
Old 11th August 2007, 08:36   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

All this is true, but refurbished can also mean replaced under warranty.

Of course, if the repair was good --- no worries.

I used to buy PCs from Dell's returns section for the office. We made a good saving and never had a bad one out of, err.... twenty or thirty!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks