Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2023, 22:56   #16
BHPian

Re: Won a consumer court case against Kia India | Poor quality chrome on my Seltos

Great! It reminds me the story of David vs Goliath, the courage and faith of righteous can defeat even giants.

Winning legal case is great, penalty amount is meagre but publishing it on such public platform is just price less.

Probably Kia would have considered good riddance paying off few penalties for miniscule amount of people filing cases. But they would not have considered this going on front page of this forum. Hope this wakes them up to do the right thing, that is to serve customers well.
Old 1st December 2023, 07:48   #17
BHPian

Re: Won a consumer court case against Kia India | Poor quality chrome on my Seltos

I would love to file a case against Volkswagen India for the sub-par quality of Brake Discs. Fed up of skimming discs every 20k kms on my Vento.

Can anyone guide me on how to do this? Any rough estimate on how big dent my pocket has to bear?
Attached Thumbnails
Won a consumer court case against Kia India | Poor quality chrome on my Seltos-brakerepair.jpg  

Last edited by 2TR-FE : 1st December 2023 at 07:52.
2TR-FE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 12:06   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Request the author to please list down steps in very brief as bullet points, approx spend to pursue the case for 2 years and frequency of visit to court and any other challenges or any experiences that made process easy.

Will help troubled owners to know the details if needed to file a complaint
Request the author or any expert to suggest steps on the process . Rewriting this message as I did not receive a response to my previous request
Old 4th December 2023, 07:10   #19
BHPian

I definitely am happy for the OP and that he doggedly pursued the case to its judicious end.

But did the OP had to live with the rust for 2 years as the case was ongoing?

I think cases like these are what that emboldens companies. There is just no cost benefit parity in terms of the problems faced, inept customer service and the time involved.

Out of all the affected customers hardly 1 or 2 % go the litigation route. Even then most drop out of frustration when the company starts playing the waiting game.

One has to live with the identified issue till the case ends and at the end of a couple of years, get a paltry sum for the loss of service and peace of mind for all that time.

The company can still stonewall and argue to ONLY correct the original issue as the aggravations caused due to the original issue may not be included.

In this case, the OP was reimbursed probably. But in most of the cases it may not pan out that way, especially when mechanical issues arise
Old 4th December 2023, 11:29   #20
BHPian

The very fact that the process took 2 years to conclude in itself is a deterrent for majority people to take the legal route against big corporates. Also, 70k seems to be a negligible penalty considering the trauma that the consumer had to go through. The need-of-the-hour is stringent penalties, here in India for deficiency of service and sub-standard products. These auto companies are held to a very high standard in the USA and EU, and the penalties are stiff! It's only in India that these guys pass off lemons and average products.
Old 6th December 2023, 17:30   #21

hi, missed your message, pls feel free to contact me on estatestoday@gmail.com,would love to help and provide you with all the information,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks