Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2024, 10:20   #16

Re: Bangalore Gated Complexes | Reviews & Experiences

Great thread. I have 3 of them to review and will do so in the order in which I stayed in them.

Spectra Cypress, Kundalahalli Gate, Varthur Road

Design: 3/5
It was a decent construction and held up well over the years. While the corner flats did not have issues with ventilation or natural light, the flats in the middle of each block did feel boxed in.

Situated next to Kundalahalli Gate junction/underpass, it is very well connected to major IT hubs as well as schools, hospitals and recreational avenues. Traffic was a major concern, it being situated right at a major junction. It reached a point where I had to move out owing to the constant/persistent traffic noise through the night, despite me staying in the block furthest away from the main road.

Amenities: 3.5/5
Had the usual amenities in order, such as an outdoor pool (nicely maintained), a gym, a sports area and walking facilities.

Maintenance: 4/5
Did not face any issues with maintenance over the years. Prompt resolution of run-of-the-mill issues that crop up now and then.

Other Aspects: 3/5
As I have mentioned before, its location was both its high point as well as low. Guest parking is limited and is right next to the gate near the pavement of the main arterial road. There's a U-turn metres ahead of the main gate, which means you are welcome to join the traffic pile-up barely stepping out home. There have been instances when I could see my place close to 20 - 25 minutes before I could get inside. However, the location is a major plus point for folks dependent on public transport.

AWHO Sandeep Vihar, Kannamangala, Whitefield - Hoskote Main Road

Design: 5/5
A neatly laid out plan ensured plenty of natural light and ventilation in each of the flats in the society.

Back when I stayed here, it was an up-and-coming area with schools, commercial, and residential areas coming up. It's gotten a lot better now and doesn't feel as isolated/desolate coming back late at night. Proximity to tech parks and major schools aside, the opening of the extended purple line of Namma metro to Kadugodi now brings this more in the folds.

Amenities: 4/5
Decently specced with the usual gamut of facilities you'd find in any major residential complex nowadays. My personal favourite was the amount of open spaces on offer to walk around.

Maintenance: 4/5
As you'd expect from a society that has ties to the Indian defence forces (AWHO - Army Welfare Housing Organization), the response was quick and the team was disciplined. There were a few teething issues, but nothing that came in the way of a good experience.

Other Aspects: 5/5
It helps when you stay in a community that has some presence of retired army folks. Their discipline and attitude rub off on everyone, whether you wish to or not. Even the security guards at the gate of this society felt a notch above the rest in my personal opinion.

Republic of Whitefield, Divyasree Technopark, EPIP Zone Whitefield

Design: 5/5
Each of the flats is laid out in a manner that ensures all of them get a sunrise/sunset view. Huge open spaces in the form of walking trails and joggers park, while also being one of the few societies to boast of a cricket/football field within it. One of the nicer designed societies that leaves a lot of open spaces for recreation.

Whitefield TTMC, metro station, arterial roads, schools, offices, hospitals, malls, you name it and it is within walking distance or hardly 15 minutes away. There's very little to fault it as far as locality goes. You are, however, situated in an SEZ, which means stepping out of the society doesn't give you a residential layout feel if that is important to you.

Amenities: 5/5
While it has all of the facilities most societies have, it goes above and beyond with the inclusion of a cricket/football field and an outdoor sports arena with two full-sized lawn tennis courts. A special mention for us teambhpians would be the parking. Wide and tall parking bays with easy ingress/egress outshine every commercial/underground parking I have been to so far.

Maintenance: 2/5
The one area in which it needs improvement. The RWA is in the process of being formed and hopefully, once that is in place, it'll get better. More than accepted no of leaks and repeated failures of permanent fixtures raises a lot of questions about the corners the builder cut in constructing this.

Other Aspects: 5/5
Socially active community that has good to great representation from every corner of the country. As a direct result of this, everyone gets together for all kinds of festivals and there is always something or the other happening that you can involve yourself in.
sourav2688 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 16:27   #17
BHPian

SNN Raj GreenBay, Electronic City Phase 2, BLR.

~1000 units. 16 acre campus. Falls under ELCITA due to which there is 24x7 patrolling by CISF mobile units till main gate.

Location- Shares the same compound wall with TechM. Siemens, TCS, Xavier IM, BMTC Bus Depot within 5minutes walk. Metro station within 2 kms. As of now, no malls/multiplexes nearby though there are a few opening this year. Quick Entry/Exit from city is an advantage.

Construction Quality- Decent. Not much of seepage or dampness observed compared to similar big projects. Hope it stays that way!

Design- Subjective, but quite modern, relatively high ceilings, airy. Abundant greenery.

Amenities- Tennis, Badminton, Mini Soccer, Cricket Pitch, Jacuzzi, Spa, Sauna, 24x7 Ambulance On Call, Clinic on campus and the usual Pools (Per builder- BLR's largest, not sure if this is marketing talk), Banking, Convenience Store, Salon, EV Charging points etc. Have not used any of the above except Salon, and personally like the plentiful visitor parking. 340KW solar generation capacity.

Maintenance-We usually stay monthly once over weekends, and from what I see- intense whatsapp battles fought mainly by folks who don't make the slightest effort to contribute anything on the ground.

Social Engagement- Decent, almost all festivals celebrated, good participation.

Last edited by xotiq : 16th January 2024 at 16:28.
xotiq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 12:14   #18
Team-BHP Support

Note from Support:

Kindly refrain from posting reviews of properties/projects where one may have commercial interests.

Thank you!
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks