Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2024, 18:57   #76
BHPian

Re: RBI asks PayTM Bank to wrap up all operations by March 15

Guys - Are there any other Fastag in the market which works as smoothly as paytm?
Old 1st February 2024, 19:18   #77
Senior - BHPian

Stay away from the sponsors of the Indian cricket team- Sahara, Byju’s and now Paytm!
rrsteer is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 20:01   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Don't think so. Once back in the day, I entered a toll having 120 or 130 bucks in my Fastag and received an error saying low balance.
Strange! It worked for me last year. And isn't that the whole point of a minimum balance? At least, that's what their docs say.

Quote:
The FASTag reserved balance basically intends to save you from being stopped at toll plazas because of low balance in the Paytm wallet. It works as a reserve for your FASTag transactions and ensures that you are always on the go with your Paytm FASTag.
https://paytm.com/blog/fastag/fastag-reserved-balance/

Not sure how it works in situations like the NICE road toll, where your actual toll may be 50 rupees, but that's unknown when you enter.

Btw, sorry for being off-topic; just realized that.
Old 1st February 2024, 20:18   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
Strange! It worked for me last year. And isn't that the whole point of a minimum balance? At least, that's what their docs say.

https://paytm.com/blog/fastag/fastag-reserved-balance/

Not sure how it works in situations like the NICE road toll, where your actual toll may be 50 rupees, but that's unknown when you enter.

Btw, sorry for being off-topic; just realized that.
It may be that the reserved balance was Rs. 250 back then.
Old 1st February 2024, 20:47   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ05 View Post
Guys - Are there any other Fastag in the market which works as smoothly as paytm?
Operationally, I don't know how smooth is Paytm fastag. My experience with PayTM fastag was really bad where they failed to deliver a tag even after 60days of order. I cancelled my order as there was no way to talk to a human about what was happening. The app based customer support was utterly useless.

Anyways, from operational perspective I've had very good experience with ICICI fastag (app, website etc). I never had to interact with customer care, so I don't know how good that is.
DriverLess is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 20:50   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ05 View Post
All Fastags work just as smoothly. I have tried ICICI, Paytm and HDFC and there is no difference between them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I used to pay both Uber and Swiggy via Paytm wallet..
What is the benefit of payment via Paytm? Paying via various credit cards gives you 5 to 10% cashback. You can also buy a gift card and save even more depending on which credit cards are available to you.
Old 1st February 2024, 20:59   #82
BHPian

All the small vendors using Paytm QR and/or soundboxes are going to suffer from this ruling. I hope other companies capitalize on the opportunity quickly for the sake of these the small guys at least
Old 1st February 2024, 21:21   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Stay away from the sponsors of the Indian cricket team- Sahara, Byju’s and now Paytm!

I never wanted to comment in this thread but your post made me giggle.

Looks like BCCI is following a pattern.

Now, on-topic. Never used PayTM and never fond of other UPI apps. I am using Kotak mobile app since I can remember and using their UPI interface without any issues.

For some reason, never trusted external apps and when UPI picked up, lot of banking apps started bringing UPI into their mobile app and I find them good too. It is easier to connect and get money in case of any issues and as an IT guys, I never wanted to use external apps to handle my money. As simple as that.

PayTM never had clear vision if you ask me. Their intention was wriggle they way into market but no caring about any regulations and they firmly believed, they can change rules as they are dominant in the market.

I'm happy that they are proven wrong.
xcentrk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 21:26   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiddharthR View Post
All the small vendors using Paytm QR and/or soundboxes are going to suffer from this ruling. I hope other companies capitalize on the opportunity quickly for the sake of these the small guys at least
They aren't. Read post #74 (RBI asks PayTM Bank to wrap up all operations by March 15).
ValarMorghulis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 22:48   #85

Also : RBI’s Update on Paytm Payments Bank Limited doesn’t impact Paytm Money.
https://www.paytmmoney.com/blog/rbis...t-paytm-money/
Old 1st February 2024, 22:48   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
I'll tell you the same thing I told him: PayTm is 3rd largest in UPI market. The first two are much more poised to capture that market than a new player.
Plus JioPay is not even a significant player in this market.
Well well you are underestimating the Power of Reliance group. They have the legacy of disrupting the market in which ever sector they put their foot. Starting from Textile, Oil&Gas, Petrochemicals, Retail, Telecom, Media. Having dealt with their top brass at various occasions and having a know how of their working, I can tell you that they are ruthless in capturing the markets.

When Oil&Gas was their bread and butter, oil ministry was in their pockets. They single handedly disrupted Essar group and almost made Ruia’s bankrupt !! Old stories

Sorry it went off tangent.
NomadSK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 01:05   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

I initiated the closure of both Fastags which I had from PayTM. I've posted this earlier that I never trusted PayTM and it was never my preferred mode of UPI or other payments except Fastag. PayTm is not worth all the hassle. They snoop on your phone messages too. I never used my credit card on PayTM but they have my card details which is possible only if they read the messages on phone. I've purchased 2 Fastags from ICICI Bank and they should be delivered in another 5-6 days. Since my running around doesn't entail crossing the tolls frequently, I'm ok waiting for the new ones. Once the security deposit from PayTM is credited into PayTM account, I'll transfer it to bank. But for that too, I need to activate PayTMs UPI id. That is also something which I never wanted but will have to do for transferring money.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 01:22   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSK View Post
They single handedly disrupted Essar group and almost made Ruia’s bankrupt !! Old stories
Sorry it went off tangent.
One should try to buy the book "The Polyester Prince" in India, or be found carrying it around. Regardless of the things said by the author in the book about a private citizen, the enforcement of such a ban is certainly heavy handed.
GutsyGibbon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 02:42   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutsyGibbon View Post
One should try to buy the book "The Polyester Prince" in India, or be found carrying it around. Regardless of the things said by the author in the book about a private citizen, the enforcement of such a ban is certainly heavy handed.
Thanks for reminding, that was an interesting read long time back, Technically it wasn’t banned, as it never got published in India, the publisher buckled under pressure about the threat of legal action if published. So clearly arm twisting being done and shows how business honchos are hand in glove with the system. More on this would make us dive in political world.

But but pirated ones were sold like hot cakes right on the bylanes of fashion street

Sorry if it went OT.
NomadSK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 05:43   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
What is it with Indian Govt/Regulators and sudden bans on Money related stuff?

I hope this is just an arm twisting tactic by Regulators to bring the company within compliance..

In the end, it's the customer that loses...everytime.
Regulatory compliance should be non-negotiable and many guidelines are in place to protect the customer.

Paytm opened account for me (Paytm payment bank) without my knowledge and consent. All I remember doing was KYC to be able to use their wallet. I stopped using them anymore. They can't take customer for granted and I'm happy to see some action. As per some published articles, RBI had been softly nudging them for quite some time but there was no improvement hence stricter action.

RBI imposed sanctions on HDFC bank also sometime back to bar them from on-boarding new credit card customers and I think similar action on Airtel payment bank for wrongfully on-boarding customers without consent.

It may be difficult for a common man to comprehend govt regulations but glad that regulators are doing their job.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 2nd February 2024 at 06:04.
Aviator_guy is offline   (10) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks