Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2007, 12:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Free the left lane - A campaign at Hyderabad

A few employs from our company have started a campaign to ease the traffic at Cyber Towers, Hyderabad. I believe many of the tbhp members from Hyderabad who travel through Cyber Towers signal on a daily basis will agree with me about the traffic menace at the signal. During the peak hours, people are caught up here atleast for 15 mins. One of the main problem is people who have to go straight get in to the left lane and block it completely. People who want to turn left stick to the center lane till the last minute.

Our campaign is to prevent people from blocking the left lane and allow smooth flow of traffic. This is month long campaign and volunteers are at the signal for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening during peak traffic hours.

Today is the first day and there was mixed response. There were many appreciations from the people and few gaalis too. Main problem is with the autos and city buses. It's difficult to guide this people. If anybody travelled through this signal between 9:00 AM and 11:00 AM today should have noticed people wearing orange aprons and caps trying to guide the traffic.

Right now we are running short of volunteers. We are only 17 and with this number all of us have to volunteer both morning and evening on all the days. Having more volunteers will bring down the pressure on us and will be easier to continue this for one month.

This drive is initiated by Sameer Mehta and he started a blog for this campain. The URL is Hyderabad Traffic - Your chance to improve it!!. We are working with Traffic police to make this campaign a success.

I request Hyd members working close to Cyber Towers to please join us and also bring along your friends and colleagues to make this campaign a success. To respond please reply to this thread and i will get in touch with you.

Drive safe...

Last edited by satish_appasani : 21st August 2007 at 12:07.
Old 21st August 2007, 12:47   #2
BHPian

hey Satish!! this reminds me of the "FOP" Friends of Police volunteer work that I used to do at college.

Interesting and contributing to society too.

Good going.

I wish I worked at Hyderabad to join you guys.

Isnt there something some of us can do at the SEEPZ entrance, Mumbai during the peak hours and help the lonely cop?
Old 21st August 2007, 14:12   #3
Team-BHP Support

Satish, a good start, i must say. I used to be in Hyd and would have joined in then, although my route then was more towards Gachibowli from Mehdipatnam and back.
Old 21st August 2007, 15:22   #4
BHPian

Satish,

That's very interesting to know, I would like to but my office is in Begumpet, however I shall pass this on to my friends working around thr.

Share me your contact details.
Old 21st August 2007, 15:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Great move Satish. I am sure that if this effort is sustained, it will make way for better traffic.Unfortunately, my office is in Jubilee Hills, so I cannot partake in this great effort.
Old 21st August 2007, 17:30   #6
BHPian

Great initiative Sathish, I will be moving to the hitech city area pretty soon and will surely join up with you guys.
Old 21st August 2007, 23:30   #7
BHPian

Hi Satish,

A very sensible way of contributing to the society ..

I actually saw you standing at the Cyber Towers Gate today guiding the traffic ..
Old 22nd August 2007, 00:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Our campaign is to prevent people from blocking the left lane and allow smooth flow of traffic. This is month long campaign and volunteers are at the signal for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening during peak traffic hours.

Good show satish.

In chennai, we had this problem in the P.H.Road on the signal turning into Nelson Manickam Road where the vehicles turning right would crouch one over the other & form a semi circle of sorts & prevent the free flow of traffic going straight. After many years, the CCTP have now put separators in the road which would ensure that the vehicles take the appropriate lane & believe me, i save at least 5 minutes at this signal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks