Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2004, 01:07   #1
Team-BHP Support

Wanted Tata Safari Diesel

[color=Blue][size=2][font=Comic Sans MS] Hey guys I am new to team-bhp.com. First and foremost let me tell you guys that you people are doing a great job here.I currently own a '98 Zen in Pune with BSA Racing alloy wheels shod with Bridgestone Potenza G3 Tubeless tyres (Got them in Bombay itself). Well the zen doesnt fit my entire family in for outdoor travel and adding to the dismay I have the trunk full of a boombox which does not permit additional luggage carrying facility. Hence I have decided to buy a Safari for myself keeping the zen for city use. Could you folks find one for me and let me know the details for the same. I commute regularly to Bombay and would join you people soon in one of your meets. !!! Hallelujah!!!

[/font][/size][/color]
Old 22nd December 2004, 22:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

hey moral - good to have u here . y dont u consider the scorpio ?
Old 23rd December 2004, 14:50   #3
Team-BHP Support

Why not....

I wish I could... the major problem is budget and I cannot strech it for the Scorpio.... well I know the scorp is one beast of an SUV we even had one along our bike rally from Kashmir to Kanyakumari... so seeing my budget string I can only opt for a Safari...
Old 23rd December 2004, 15:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

But moralfibre...the subject of this post says.. u need a Safari Diesel..that means second hand...so.. why dont u try the second hand Scorpio.!! I am sure you can get good deals on them. Better try for it rather than a Safari!!
Old 24th December 2004, 07:42   #5
Team-BHP Support

Budget

[color=Blue][font=Comic Sans MS]Hey Stratos... I dunno about the current scene but when I looked around the market I found safari's for as less as 200,000 INR but in totally bad shape and the good ones were for aroung 2.5 lakhs. When I looked for Scorps the price range was around 4-5 lakhs... which is a huge amount for what I can spend currently on the car... My game plan is to buy a Safari for the least possible price and modify it with huge tyres safe enough for highway runs... get a good music system on it and comply the car for long distance runs so that I have a reliable car on tap......... how I wish I could get a scorp for around 3lakhs I wouldnt mind streching the budget string to that price.... lemme know if you guys find a good one like that....... Sounds Stinky but thats the way it goes for me..... !!![/font][/color]
Old 24th December 2004, 10:34   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Moral,

A word of advice : With Tatas, the newer the better as their R&D department is the customer and improvements happen over time. Avoid early or high mileage specimens since you wont get the reliability that you are looking for.

GTO
Old 24th December 2004, 19:20   #7
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for the good piece of advice GTO I shall surely consider the same while buying it.....well could you also advice me about the maintainance cost of the car like the cost of spares etc??? by the way that jeep of yours looks Macho... is that a Mahindra Classic??
Old 25th December 2004, 19:24   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Yes, My Jeep is a modded Mahindra Classic.

The Safari spares are a mixed bag...some are extremely cheap while some are fatally expensive.

All the best with your search!

GTO
Old 9th January 2005, 16:49   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre
[color=Blue][size=2][font=Comic Sans MS] Hey guys I am new to team-bhp.com. First and foremost let me tell you guys that you people are doing a great job here.I currently own a '98 Zen in Pune with BSA Racing alloy wheels shod with Bridgestone Potenza G3 Tubeless tyres (Got them in Bombay itself). Well the zen doesnt fit my entire family in for outdoor travel and adding to the dismay I have the trunk full of a boombox which does not permit additional luggage carrying facility. Hence I have decided to buy a Safari for myself keeping the zen for city use. Could you folks find one for me and let me know the details for the same. I commute regularly to Bombay and would join you people soon in one of your meets. !!! Hallelujah!!!

[/font][/size][/color]
I have got a very good condition Tata Safari 1999 4x4 silver grey flawless original paint excellent interior very good stereo new tyre for sale expected 4 lacs, if interested contact 09810694585

rcjaiswal

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks