Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2004, 15:08   #1
BHPian

Ipod Itrip Pirate radio stations.

Hi Guys,

This post is for all the people who are using their ipods in their cars, are they any? anyways if you'll are using Itip fm transmitter then you can modify it to make the antenna more powerful and start your own small pirate radio station.

Here's a link to the article;
http://www.engadget.com/entry/3597373383872462/

Regards,
Satyam.

PS: Next time when you see a red skoda vRS in mumbai tune into 95.5fm
Old 20th December 2004, 15:33   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
PS: Next time when you see a red skoda vRS in mumbai tune into 95.5fm
You are crazy man...absolutely crazy!

GTO
Old 20th December 2004, 15:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Actually had this same plan in my mind but when i went and saw the rates of the i-pod and the i-rtip , i found that i only had chillar left !!

so that has been postponed - but very soon will have my own radio station too.

btw satyam ,
hows the sound quality thru the i-trip ?? ur views would be immensely helpful !!

cheers
Old 20th December 2004, 16:44   #4
BHPian

normally_crazy, it really depends on how long your car is/ the distance between the antennae and the iTrip/iPod. Also depends on what frequency you choose/what interferences are there close by. If you have most of them figured out, then the clearity is really really good. It's almost like playing through a hard-wired connection. If you do not want to transmit through FM then you can go for the Alpine iPod connection kit, which is really amazing, because if you have an Alpine head unit, then you can change the tracks etc. and gget information on the main unit itself instead of browsing through the iPod.
Old 20th December 2004, 18:57   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
btw satyam ,
hows the sound quality thru the i-trip ?? ur views would be immensely helpful !!

cheers
Normally_crazy:,

The sq of the i-trip in stock form is mediocre at best there is a lot of static on most of the freq's but if you remove the rubber stickers on the side of the itrip and pull the thead like antenna out the reception is fantastic.

This weekend I'm planing to mod it furthur hopefully here's the schematic for the mods with a fm amp and a external antenna or a coax/copper wire to increase the range dramatically.

This should increase the distance to about 300ft, I will keep you updated about how the mod goes. Hope this helps.

GrimReaper:,

I completely agree the alpine KCA420i solution is far better infact I got it of ebay for 50$ for myself and im waiting for my friend to get it when he gets here but the fun one can have with the Itrip is unbelievable and also I drive more than one car so the Itrip is a more practical solution if done right.

Regards,
Satyam

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks