Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2007, 00:06   #1
BHPian

Living in Pune.

Looking at a similar thread about Hyderabad, it gave me an idea to enlist the help of fellow bhpians. I will be moving to Pune first week of the next month, and my office is in Wakdewadi (Shivaji Nagar area). I would like to know what are the residential localities around the place. Don't want a place too far since I'd like the daily commute to be short. But obviously it has to be balanced with the budget set for housing. Keeping these facts in mind, I would like to know where I can get a 1 BHK apartment for reasonable rent (and deposit) close to office, accessibility to other major areas is not a key factor, considering the fact that I'll be spending a lot of time in office.

I would sincerely appreciate if Pune bhpians can come forward with some pointers on this one.

Last edited by doomsday : 26th November 2007 at 00:14.
Old 26th November 2007, 10:31   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

The locality you mention doesnt have too many residential blocks, but ask around at JM road, Ganeshkhind road or thereabouts. A simple google earth search should guide you there.

Keep an eye out for the Pune meet threads, we meet quite often.

Cheers
karl
Old 26th November 2007, 12:19   #3
BHPian

Hi doomsday!
Welcome to Pune. I would really suggest Model Colony or Bhosale Nagar (both the places arnd 3-4 kms from Wakadewadi). They are well located, close to the places to hang out (FC Road, E-Square, Pune Central, etc) and pretty peaceful on their own.

Do PM any of us when you are in town, would love to meet up and help you out in any way we can.

Regards,
Fatal3rror
Old 26th November 2007, 13:24   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
The locality you mention doesnt have too many residential blocks, but ask around at JM road, Ganeshkhind road or thereabouts. A simple google earth search should guide you there.

Keep an eye out for the Pune meet threads, we meet quite often.

Cheers
karl
Quote:
Originally Posted by FATAL3RROR View Post
Hi doomsday!
Welcome to Pune. I would really suggest Model Colony or Bhosale Nagar (both the places arnd 3-4 kms from Wakadewadi). They are well located, close to the places to hang out (FC Road, E-Square, Pune Central, etc) and pretty peaceful on their own.

Do PM any of us when you are in town, would love to meet up and help you out in any way we can.

Regards,
Fatal3rror
Thanks guys for your pointers. I will be in Pune sometime early next week, just to setup everything in place before I report to work. Would anyone have any ideas about the availability, rent and deposits etc. of a 1 BHK apartment in the above mentioned localities. Also are people willing to give out flats to bachelor's staying alone?

Any info will be helpful.
Old 1st December 2007, 20:50   #5
Senior - BHPian

You can also look at places on Spicer College/Bhau Patil Road (not exactly near, but not too far too).

Bhosle Nagar will be better option for you but it's going to be more expensive.

Khadki/Mula road is another option, but not very attractive since it's outside City.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks