Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2007, 17:50   #1
BHPian

Who's the best tuner in India?

I have been quite curious about this for a long time now. It has never been clear. Some people say fantastic things about one tuner while others say bad things about him. Now I want to ask you guys. Who do you think is the best tuner in India. Both Mumbai and Bangalore. A few names that come to my mind are Raj Hingorani, Keshav Arora (Psycho), FRK, K.S.Motorsport, Game Over, A.R.Motorsport. Please feel free to include any names that I must have left out. I think the criteria in rating them should be experience, quality of work, reliability of tuned cars and, last but not least, number of wins at Speedruns. C'mon guys, rev your engines.

PS: Mods, can we have a poll here?
Old 27th November 2007, 18:04   #2
Team-BHP Support

I think there are few more in Bangalore and Chennai like Chettinad Sporting and Elektra Performance.
Old 27th November 2007, 18:28   #3
BHPian

My guess is that this poll would not gain much traction as there are so many people out there doing great work in the circuit racing and rally circles. Maybe you will have to call the thread as a 'drag tuner only' poll
Old 27th November 2007, 18:32   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullfrog View Post
Maybe you will have to call the thread as a 'drag tuner only' poll

Ok. Maybe you're right. Let's make it "Who's the best drag tuner in India" poll.
Old 27th November 2007, 18:38   #5
BHPian

do these race and rally guys do tuning commerially for road cars?
Old 27th November 2007, 19:33   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Best tuner in India? Well not many that one can think off in the current crop. Those who come to mind with lots of hands on experience and an opportunity of being involved in this field for decades are:
1. Raj Hingorani.
2. The Jairam's.
3. J.Anand.
4. Leela.

If you wish to visit any other tuner in town, kindly make sure you are thorough with your homework. That doesn't mean you blindly believe any tuner. If you do not do the ground work, you are the one who will be facing a heap of trouble.
Old 27th November 2007, 22:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

This thread is never going to go anywhere. There are too many shadows and mirrors in this field. You are never going to be able to judge quality of work, reliabilty of cars etc, by word of mouth.

It is interesting to note that out of the tuners mentioned in post #6, some, if not all, have had failures. What set them apart was that their clients and friends stood by them through thick and thin. I guess that's quite rare these days.
Old 27th November 2007, 22:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

In mumbai apna jignesh bhai aka viper rocks.Have had friends who have got stuff done from him and they love all of it.
Havent got anything done from him personally as cant do much in my car anyway
Old 27th November 2007, 23:56   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
It is interesting to note that out of the tuners mentioned in post #6, some, if not all, have had failures. What set them apart was that their clients and friends stood by them through thick and thin. I guess that's quite rare these days.
TOTALLY AGREE with you .... every tuner has messed up jobs but that doesn't mean that he is bad or on the other hand one quick machine built whereas he's blown 20 machines doesn't make him good . A good tuner is one who builds cars depending on the requirement of the client , eg : I tell my tuner that I don't care how many things I blow but Im willing to spend x amount to get meself a SUPER QUICK car and he does that . On the other hand I tell my tuner that I can't afford to come back in every month for major work so need a car thats decently fast but without stretching the capability to the limit so he does that .

The best do make mistakes and the worst do get lucky ...... so this poll cud be a very debatable poll
Old 28th November 2007, 15:28   #10
Team-BHP Support

The bright side about the dark side is that tuners learn and get better. "Best tuner" is not a one size fits all definaiation as tuners focus on specifics - drags, rally, racing, road.

If one is looking for a tuner, consider your needs and search the forum for what you are looking for.

Before this thread develops a "dark side", we are closing it!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks