Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2007, 14:33   #1
BHPian

Apr 2005 Petrol Innova G3 for 5.5 L

Need help!!!!Who better can advise me than the team BHP experts. I have finalized an Apr 2005 Petrol Innova G3 for 5.5 L. Its single owner, run abt 30k and company maintained. Please let me know your views abt the deal, I want to make sure I have got VFM deal. Also any tips to increase FE would be an added bonus ;-)Thanks,Babu
Old 15th December 2007, 18:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

why dont u check in the technical stuff section whether anyone has tried a gas kit in the innova - sureshot way to increase FE
Old 15th December 2007, 19:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

Adding a gaskit isint easy. It can create problems for a trouble free running toyota. Its better to be light on the foot.
Old 15th December 2007, 20:53   #4
Team-BHP Support

PM Ravibhat.

AFAIK, he has a petrol innova too, which he got second-hand. He should be able to help.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th December 2007 at 20:57.
Old 15th December 2007, 21:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey Babupaul,

Thats nice. When i found few Petrol Innovas for sale I decided to grab one becasue sale price tempted me.

I have baught G3 August 2005 manufactured Petrol Innova and I paid 6.6 lacs (ODO reading 8300km) to the owner who is nice gentleman although my friend who evaluate cars and deals lot of used cars suggested me quote not more than 6.3 lacs.

I have purchased it in 2006 last week of November.

On road price of G3 Petrol is 9.5 lacs in 2005 and now its nearest variant G4 cost 9.7 lacs and it has less features compared with G3.

About your deal: I suggest 5.5 lacs or less is good deal provided vehicle is in good condition and not much dents/scratches.

Please visit Ravindu and Nandi toyota and do verification by giving vehicle number and owner name for service details and kilometer reading during latest service.

I have seen people tamperring ODO during selling the cars.

Check tyre condition (considerring 30k odo) and steering/gearbox etc.. and if you are satisfied and find the seller is genuine go head !

The first work drive it for 200km and then what you need to do is service the vehicle once you buy it because your mind will feel as if you are driving new car. Make sure you have them check every ting during the service so vehicle will be like brand new.

FE you can expect between 7 and 11 based on driving condition with AC on.

About LPG I suggest yuo stay away from it unless you find really good installer and if you find success I am interested in LPG because with LPG and Petrol we can cover nearly 1000km without refueling.

All the best.

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 15th December 2007 at 21:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks