Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2004, 05:34   #1
BHPian

Indian R1

I happen to see this bike parked outside a restaraunt at Bandra.I spotted the bike from around 50 meteres and told my friend sitting behind that its a Pulsar or maybe a CBZ modded.We walked around the bike and started observing it.Nice conversion though.This guy spots us and coems out of the rest...He hears me talking to my friend bout the base model for this conversion and interrupts me by saying that "Check out the engine dude" its an Honda CBR 600.I had a hearty laugh within my self.A clean answer would have been appreciated.He then argues with me that his brother has an Yamaha R6.Also this ****ty guy should understand that if he claims it to be an CBR then how come those R1 style headlights.So then he says i just got it customised.Infact my bike (Pulsar-normal in Blue colour) looked much better when parked alongside.And the statement he puts across is that "If you wanna see my group then join us late night at around 2:00 at the sea-link".Absolute crap.I appreciated about the bike and also about the way he had maintained it and left..Overall the bike lookd good exept for the welded clip-ons,skinny rear CBZ/Pulsar tyre.Also onemore thing even if we consider this bike as an CBR/R1 then how come no monoshock???????Such people should just not be entertained....Such fools should just not be entertained.
Old 31st December 2004, 17:23   #2
bhp
BHPian

some guys just have a bad taste ! and there are some ppl who really appreciate such kinda work and call them s2pid imported sport bikes
Old 31st December 2004, 17:29   #3
Senior - BHPian

Very true indeed.There are soo many of em on the streets now.Pulsars,Cbzs modified to look like Ninjas,Busas etc.
And most of them look ugly,with sum wannabes ridin on em.

X
Old 31st December 2004, 18:22   #4
BANNED

check out this indian r1 ....made from a cbz ...spoke to the owner ....60k spend to modify the stock bike....) ....i dont know why people get so desprate...

cheers
Old 31st December 2004, 18:31   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

now that is simply ugly....
hey has anyone heard those annoying songs type things put on bikes which comes on once the brakes are applied....
its getting quite popular nowdays ...
Old 31st December 2004, 18:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

60k! I'd buy another bike or put some add-ons in my car with that money!!
Old 31st December 2004, 18:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

and I've also seen a blue R9 once!!!
Old 31st December 2004, 19:05   #8
Senior - BHPian

Ahh it is simply sick...... never a great fan of cosmetic modifications........ I would rather put all the money on engine mods! Besides, I would say, make the bike look good not a wannabe R1 or Busa or those Bullets sporting Harley-Davidson stickers!!
Old 31st December 2004, 21:34   #9
Senior - BHPian

60k? For that? Would be out ridden by a stock CBZ.Shows money can't buy taste. That sort of money would easily buy you an RD350, or if you are lucky an LC, which would blow the living daylights out of any Indian bikes sold currently.
Old 1st January 2005, 02:05   #10
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Heres another modded into R6 bike. Mods done at a shop in Bandra. Cost of mod : 48500. Personally i feel that its not at all worth it. Fittings were awful. The bike was a used piece so i cannot comment on the paint quality etc.

R-Vesh
Sai Swami Co-Op hsg Society
Gr Floor, Shop No 1
Govind Patil Rd.
Khar Danda.
Tel : 9819904050

Old 1st January 2005, 02:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

Wannabes!!! LOL

Whom are they trying to fool?? With sites like team-bhp, every kid in town will know it's a fake. Grow up guys, your faking days are over.

Shan2nu
Old 1st January 2005, 11:11   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Wannabes!!! LOL

Whom are they trying to fool?? With sites like team-bhp, every kid in town will know it's a fake. Grow up guys, your faking days are over.

Shan2nu
They are wannabes, but it seems most do them, to be seperate from the rest. YA BUT LIKE THAT?!??!?!?!
Old 3rd January 2005, 17:31   #13
BHPian

I've seen a bike here in Cochin the owner has done some paint job and also put some stickers to make it look like an R1.. it dint come close to one.. Except it had an R1 sticker... Oh boy...
and the sad part was when he started the bike to go.. It sounded bad.. I mean real bad.. I guess it had even dipped on power and he hadn't done anything bout it..
He'd rather put some cash on the power...
Whats the point in making the bike look really flashy and it cant even beat a splender??!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks