Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2005, 23:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

wat do u do when ur drunk

guys ,

wat do u usually do when ur drunk and are about to throw up.
wat can be done to prevent it like it will be of great help if we cud get know of quick fix solutions that everyone of us use.
this has got nothing to do with auto's,but i am sure almost everyone of us might have gone through this situation atleast once.

cheers ,
satya
Old 2nd January 2005, 23:30   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
guys ,

wat do u usually do when ur drunk and are about to throw up.
wat can be done to prevent it like it will be of great help if we cud get know of quick fix solutions that everyone of us use.
this has got nothing to do with auto's,but i am sure almost everyone of us might have gone through this situation atleast once.

cheers ,
satya
Drink water to dilute the alcohol
Old 2nd January 2005, 23:33   #3
F50
Senior - BHPian

Try sucking some lemons and wash your face with soda
Old 2nd January 2005, 23:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

I don't drink, but from other people's experinces, all i can say is that when you reach that stage, you wont even remeber what you were doing. LOL

A person i know got drunk once, promised to donate 10 comps to a school in Hubli and forgot about it the next day. Hahah

Shan2nu
Old 3rd January 2005, 00:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

don't drink at all, so all I can say is "don't ever get drunk!"
Old 3rd January 2005, 01:02   #6
bhp
BHPian

i dont drink but u can drive slow or either take some sleep in the car
Old 3rd January 2005, 01:18   #7
Team-BHP Support

Alcohol causes dehydration. Like z klasse says, drink a lot of water from time to time. Eat before and along with your drink. If you are drunk and about to throw up, I say find a toilet quickly and throw up. Get rid of all the poison in your stomach. There is no quick fix solution once you reach that stage.
Know your limits when you drink and don't drive after drinking.
Old 3rd January 2005, 07:57   #8
Team-BHP Support

Satya brother,
why on earth one has to go to a stage of throwing up? Drinking is meant for enjoyment and throwing up obviously doesn't come in the area of enjoyment.
Drinking plenty of water only helps in the case of hard drinks. I've seen people going all over the place with beer also.
Drink till you enjoy. Eat proper food and not junk food. Don't drive after drinking.

After drinking you feel you're much more confident on wheel...BUT ACTUALLY YOU'RE NOT.
Old 3rd January 2005, 10:31   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I agree with Aditya and Rudra.

Rule no.1 - (Quoting Rudra) Dont ever drink so much that you lose control of your ownself. Its pathetic.

Rule no.2 - (Quoting Aditya) Throw up if you have to.

GTO
Old 3rd January 2005, 10:45   #10
Senior - BHPian

If u wanna drink, drink like nicholas cage in Leaving Las Vegas.
Old 3rd January 2005, 11:35   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Satya brother,
why on earth one has to go to a stage of throwing up? Drinking is meant for enjoyment and throwing up obviously doesn't come in the area of enjoyment.
Drinking plenty of water only helps in the case of hard drinks. I've seen people going all over the place with beer also.
Drink till you enjoy. Eat proper food and not junk food. Don't drive after drinking.

After drinking you feel you're much more confident on wheel...BUT ACTUALLY YOU'RE NOT.

its not abt drunk driving.its just happnd as me happnd to get drunk with an almost empty stomach and in the process just forgot to have food.just starters.
i did not throw up as i drank some salt-sugar with water(electrolyte).
yeah the best thing is to know ur limitations and be in control.still when u have some good friends around u , u never know hen it happens
Old 3rd January 2005, 14:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

Yeah,

agree with addy, rudra and z klassee

1) have ur stomach filled before u drink

2) after drinking - have loads of water

those two r the best solution!!
Old 3rd January 2005, 19:09   #13
BHPian

Hi Satya,
Completely agree with Rudra..."why on earth one has to go to a stage of throwing up? Drinking is meant for enjoyment and throwing up obviously doesn't come in the area of enjoyment"

... would suggest, know your limits...whether to stop at 1 peg or 10pegs. The moment you start getting this "I AM HAPPY Feeling" or "I am dizzy feeling", stop drinking.

Drink that much only where you can enjoy your "after drinking state".

Also dont drive if you have drunk.

* Help : Try to munch into salad prepared with Raw Onion rings & fresh lime & raw sliced ginger ( Onion & lemon helps to control alcohol)
- Try to have butter in the food you eat before drinking...it creates a lining in your stomach (raw alcohol is really bad for stomach..)
- complete 1 drink in 30-40 mins min. Do not rush your drink(unless its beer, sip your drink, dont gulp it down)
- Eat along with your drink...eat more, drink less
- Do NOT mix drinks i.e. if you are started with Vodka, stay with it thruout, do not have rum or whisky or any other drink.
hope this helps.
...and lastly, throw up (if required) it will make you feel better (but this is only a last resort)
Old 3rd January 2005, 19:52   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijit
Hi Satya,
Completely agree with Rudra..."why on earth one has to go to a stage of throwing up? Drinking is meant for enjoyment and throwing up obviously doesn't come in the area of enjoyment"

... would suggest, know your limits...whether to stop at 1 peg or 10pegs. The moment you start getting this "I AM HAPPY Feeling" or "I am dizzy feeling", stop drinking.

Drink that much only where you can enjoy your "after drinking state".

Also dont drive if you have drunk.

* Help : Try to munch into salad prepared with Raw Onion rings & fresh lime & raw sliced ginger ( Onion & lemon helps to control alcohol)
- Try to have butter in the food you eat before drinking...it creates a lining in your stomach (raw alcohol is really bad for stomach..)
- complete 1 drink in 30-40 mins min. Do not rush your drink(unless its beer, sip your drink, dont gulp it down)
- Eat along with your drink...eat more, drink less
- Do NOT mix drinks i.e. if you are started with Vodka, stay with it thruout, do not have rum or whisky or any other drink.
hope this helps.
...and lastly, throw up (if required) it will make you feel better (but this is only a last resort)
Totally agree. You can also have cucumber as that also creates a better lining than butter so that you dont have raw alcohol.. Mixing drinks is the worst. especially with wine. I've seen my friend having whiskey and then wine and ended up in the toilet. on an empty stomach is like driving a car without oil.. its a killer..

do not drink and drive...... As someone wisely said on Team-BHP.... why drink and drive when you can drift and slide... lol
Old 3rd January 2005, 20:04   #15
Senior - BHPian

Hey,
Well,i`d advice u to eat atleast 3-4 layers of cheese an hour before u drink.It forms a protective layer around the lever and avoids one to get drunk and psyched.Dunt ever drink on empty stomach.
And yeah,lotsa water afterwards.

X

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks