Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2008, 15:28   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousivakutti View Post
@Desert fox: Do you mean the one Opp: Pai Comforts Hotel on 100 Feet Ring Road?
Ah yes,i stand corrected. It is the one in the corner of the 100 feet ring road.
Old 2nd January 2008, 16:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

"Suggest you try out the Kaveri fuel station too, opposite Lalbagh West Gate. Not sure of the exact location. Please check it out"
Not a good idea. It was good. They were good but now they cheat you thru their teeth!

"JP Nagar - Outer ring road - HP Bunk. It is between Bannerghatta Road and 24th Main 15 Crss signal"
Yes - I found the fueling here gave a good FE, almost similar to the FE that I used to get from Reliance.
Old 2nd January 2008, 16:21   #18
RAC
BHPian

I fill at the bunk on the JP Nagar 80feet road - right next to the huts.
No issues till now on the qty or the quality
Old 2nd January 2008, 19:39   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
RAC : I fill at the bunk on the JP Nagar 80feet road - right next to the huts.
RAC, which phase in JP Nagar is this in ?
Old 2nd January 2008, 19:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
RAC, which phase in JP Nagar is this in ?
I think hes talking about the IOC bunk on the road that goes from Indira gandhi circle towards Bannerghatta road.

Last edited by revved_up : 2nd January 2008 at 20:00.
Old 2nd January 2008, 21:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

I usually fill up from the HP bunk opposite Woody's on the 100 ft ring road. They are professional and I am quite assured of the quality.
I also use the IOC bunk on the Bannerghatta road near the Sagar apollo hospital. They are also quite good.

Had some bad experience with the BP petrol bunk opp IBM on the Bannerghatta road. I had complained about them in the BP website and they did change the contract for the bunk.
Old 2nd January 2008, 22:05   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Advaitha petrol bunk near BTM layout cross (enroute) to silkboard is decent as well.
Beware of this bunk , there are few new fillers who trick out like start from 50 rs and fill till 200rs and ask 200rs . I caught 2 of them red handed and gave full blast untill their hands started trembling with fear of complaining to owner/manager . This is can be with any bunk . I fill here all the time .
Old 2nd January 2008, 23:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Beware of this bunk , there are few new fillers who trick out like start from 50 rs and fill till 200rs and ask 200rs . I caught 2 of them red handed and gave full blast untill their hands started trembling with fear of complaining to owner/manager . This is can be with any bunk . I fill here all the time .

guess what, a 1st gen pulsar has a full tank capacity of 18 ltrs. 1 ltr unusable reserve.so theoritically one can fill only 17 ltrs of fuel. but,most bunks con by filling 19-20 ltrs i na tank that can fill only 17 ltrs!!!! anybody else face this problem?
Old 3rd January 2008, 07:50   #24
BHPian

After reading useful reviews, I decide to fill from IOC@Banasankari Bus Stand or HP@100 Feet Ring Road. Hope these two will give good results. However we should be very care with the filling guys.
Old 3rd January 2008, 09:43   #25
BHPian

I have been using Annapurna Bunk (IOC) on RV road (its between RV teacher's college and Vijaya Main) for ages now and havent faced a single problem. There has been no incident on either quantity or quality of fuel.
Old 3rd January 2008, 09:46   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Beware of this bunk , there are few new fillers who trick out like start from 50 rs and fill till 200rs and ask 200rs . I caught 2 of them red handed and gave full blast untill their hands started trembling with fear of complaining to owner/manager .
Yes, I too faced this with the Advaitha bunk on BTM road. The fillers (particularly on the last pump next to Ananda Bhavan) keep chattering away, to divert your attention I guess. But the one JP Nagar ring road I found quite reliable.
Old 3rd January 2008, 10:09   #27
Team-BHP Support

Just a thought, what's this thread doing in the 'What Car' section?!
Old 3rd January 2008, 13:27   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
guess what, a 1st gen pulsar has a full tank capacity of 18 ltrs. 1 ltr unusable reserve.so theoritically one can fill only 17 ltrs of fuel. but,most bunks con by filling 19-20 ltrs i na tank that can fill only 17 ltrs!!!! anybody else face this problem?
Well I'm damn sure about this 1st, 2nd gen(DTSi w/o alloys) pulsars have tank capacity of 20 Liters even though company says 18L tank capacity.
I have filled my bike's tank many a times.
3rd gen pulsars came with 15L tank capacity.
Heck even my Zen could easily take 37L of fuel even though company specifies 35L tank capacity.
All these tank full I have tried in many petrol pumps.
Old 3rd January 2008, 22:59   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
IOC in BSK Bus stand is the Best

Other option is

JP Nagar - Outer ring road - HP Bunk. It is between Bannerghatta Road and 24th Main 15 Crss signal

BP Petrol Bunk on Bannerghatta road opp. to Subramanya arcade
jp nagar hp bunk is no good. my dicor gives me no more than 8.4kmpl and smokes more than usual when using the fuel from this bunk. both quality and quantity is suspect here. my fusion gives me 7.2kmpl from fuel from this bunk but 8.6 from advaitha in btm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Advaitha petrol bunk near BTM layout cross (enroute) to silkboard is decent as well.
probably the best in south bangalore. i get 10.2kmpl consistently from my dicor whenever i fill here and the smoke is less too.
Old 8th January 2008, 00:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

I'm totally confused now.Don't know which petrol bunk to approach.I wanted something reliable in the Bannerghatta road/BTM area.

And about the BP in front of Subramanya Arcade( i thought i'll start using this bunk) here is what another T-BHPian has experienced..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post677337

How I wish that Shell will open an outlet on Bannerghatta Road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks