Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2008, 12:10   #1
BHPian

Is this article true?--don't buy petrol on 24th Jan 2008

Hi everybody,

petrol in pakistan rs 17 per liter
malaysia rs 18 per liter
in india it's 51 per liter

why this difference in asia itself? World market crude oil is not the reason for this. It's all gain for private owners. As we are the general public, or common man as r.k.laxman wud have said, we have to raise our voice, let's rise thru emails.

Forward this to all indians who care.
It has been calculated that if everyone did not purchase a drop of petrol for one day and all at the same time, the oil companies would choke on their stockpiles.

At the same time it would hit the entire industry with a net loss over 4.6 billion dollars which affects the bottom lines of the oil companies.
Therefore "24th january" has been formally declared "stick it up their behind "day and the people of this nation should not buy a single drop of petrol that day.

The only way this can be done is if you forward this e-mail to as many people as you can and as quickly as you can to get the word out. Waiting on the government to step in and control the prices is not going to happen. What happened to the reduction and control in prices that the arab nations promised two weeks ago?

Remember one thing, not only is the price of petrol going up but
at the same time airlines are forced to raise their prices,
trucking companies are forced to raise their prices which affects
prices on everything that is shipped. Things like food, clothing, building supplies medical supplies etc. Who pays in the end? We do!

We can make a difference.if they don't get the message after one day, we will do it again and again. So do your part and spread the word. Forward this email to everyone you know. Mark your calendars and make 24 january a day that the citizens say "enough is enough".

We forward so many junk email to many of our friends, now let us do it for some useful cause to cut down the price of the petrol........

Remember: january 24, 2008.... No petrol day...!

Please "think of it ...............

++++++++++++++++++++++
This is one forward I got. I am wondering how much truth is in it. And also can anyone throw some light onto why in India the petrol prices are 3 times higher than in Pakistan..Thanks.
Arun

Last edited by arunkumar_rec : 11th January 2008 at 12:12.
Old 11th January 2008, 12:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

didnt i get this as a forward some day? ah well how can one believe in chain mails...
Old 11th January 2008, 13:04   #3
BHPian

The only result of a no-petrol day would be massive queues outside pumps on the day before and after. I wonder how long these old hoaxes will continue to be circulated with subtle date updates. Petrol in Pakistan was Rs 17 a litre in 1992 or thereabouts. Now it's between Rs 50 and Rs 60. Not too different from India.
Old 11th January 2008, 13:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumar_rec View Post
We forward so many junk email to many of our friends, now let us do it for some useful cause to cut down the price of the petrol........

++++++++++++++++++++++
This is one forward I got. I am wondering how much truth is in it. And also can anyone throw some light onto why in India the petrol prices are 3 times higher than in Pakistan..Thanks.
Arun
Another junk email not to forward and clog the mailservers around the world
Old 11th January 2008, 13:20   #5
Senior - BHPian

I never knew they accepted indian rupee in malaysia.
Old 11th January 2008, 13:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

This is an old junk Email flowing, I am surprised you got it so late

Anyways I think Mods should close this thread
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks