Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-80.html)

Had been to "Coastaal Express" on Dr.Rajkumar road, Rajajinagar, bangalore. Tried their Mangalore style veg/non-veg fare. Though it's a quite place with considerably okayish ambiance, the food was pretty moderate and I felt it was not VFM. Service too was very lethargic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by addyhemmige (Post 1868368)
There is also another Suggi on New BEL road near MS Ramaiah. Haven't tried that place.

There was a good review about this place in today's TOI newspaper!

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitesquall (Post 1874527)
There was a good review about this place in today's TOI newspaper!

Where exactly this is located near MS Ramaiah?

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitesquall (Post 1874525)
Had been to "Coastaal Express" on Dr.Rajkumar road, Rajajinagar, bangalore. Tried their Mangalore style veg/non-veg fare. Though it's a quite place with considerably okayish ambiance, the food was pretty moderate and I felt it was not VFM. Service too was very lethargic.

Is this Coastal Express another branch of the Coastal express chain of hotels( Anupams CE @ Shivananda , Coast II coast Kormangala, and MG Road). ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 1874835)
Where exactly this is located near MS Ramaiah?

Here it is
Suggi,

18, Jaladarshini Layout, BEL HBCS Layout, hikkamaranahalli New BEL Road, Bangalore 54 Phone 42083291

source Welcome - Times Of India ePaper

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 1874850)
Is this Coastal Express another branch of the Coastal express chain of hotels( Anupams CE @ Shivananda , Coast II coast Kormangala, and MG Road). ?

Yes, I think it is:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 1874850)
Here it is
Suggi,

18, Jaladarshini Layout, BEL HBCS Layout, hikkamaranahalli New BEL Road, Bangalore 54 Phone 42083291

Thanks sushrutha, will try this place this weekend or next.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitesquall (Post 1874525)

Usually CE dishes are good.
Regarding the VFM part, The prices are seasonal, As of now all the sea food items(Fish, prawn) rates have increased vertically.

Quote:

Originally Posted by addyhemmige (Post 1874870)
Yes, I think it is:)

Where exactly it is ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 1874880)
Usually CE dishes are good.
Regarding the VFM part, The prices are seasonal, As of now all the sea food items(Fish, prawn) rates have increased vertically.

Where exactly it is ?

Do you know Suguna Hospital, Kanva Diagnostics or Abimaani Prakashana (Ee Sanje paper). It is next to this

Today, we had lunch at Maiya's, Jayanagar, costing Rs 135 per head. This south Indian meal comprised 26 items including welcome drink, soup, poori, sagu, side-dishes, holige, bisi bele bath, chips, papad, sandige, fruit-mixture, pan-beeda, etc. This spread was similar to the meal served at MTR. While MTR meal was definitely tastier than Maiya's, the latter scored better than the former in diner-friendly service and ambience. One common aspect in both the restaurants: NO TIPS. In fact, there are CC TV messages one of which included 'No Tips Please'. This restaurant is crowded especially during the week-ends. We had reserved for today's 1 pm slot yesterday itself.

Anyone been to the Ocean (not sure of the name) in front of ESI in Rajajinagar? Overheard someone saying it is great Mangalore-style sea-food oriented restaurant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DerAlte (Post 1876134)
Anyone been to the Ocean (not sure of the name) in front of ESI in Rajajinagar? Overheard someone saying it is great Mangalore-style sea-food oriented restaurant.

It is Ocean Servers. Don't even think of going here. The place itself is pretty cramped. The food was horrible. I went there within a few weeks of its opening and my first impression was not at all good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindRide (Post 1815441)
Sigh, there goes my wish of digging into a tasty karimeen pollichathu :(

Kaayal Restaurant on Jeevan Bhima Nagar road serves Karimeen Pollichathu on Saturday evenings.

I was there yesterday evening and saw this being served, wrapped in banana leaves.

Had dinner at Royal Orchid close to the Forum Value mall last night. Very yummy food and top notch service. Prices reasonable for the quality offered.

Will visit again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by addyhemmige (Post 1876173)
It is Ocean Servers. Don't even think of going here. The place itself is pretty cramped. The food was horrible. I went there within a few weeks of its opening and my first impression was not at all good.

Thanks man for saving me!! I intended to visit that place and some how couldn't go, may be it was a blessing in disguise!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbraj (Post 1876850)
Kaayal Restaurant on Jeevan Bhima Nagar road serves Karimeen Pollichathu on Saturday evenings.

I was there yesterday evening and saw this being served, wrapped in banana leaves.

Thanks for the info. Will try it some day.

I did try making this at home with banana leaf over stove. It was OK. The fish tasted bland. I guess all freshwater fishes taste bland. Realised how better tasting are the ocean swimming species!! :D