Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2008, 13:03   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Mr.Beckham did not misspell his wife's name. 'VICTORIA' has been tattooed as 'VHICTORIA' in Devanagari script which is right.
As I pointed out, it may be considered right in Bombay, but not many would hail Bambaiyya Hindi as the hallmark of linguistic excellence. There's no aspiration for the V in Victoria, so why include an H? It's certainly a mistransliteration, if not exactly a misspelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
By the way you have misspelled Mr. Beckham as Mr. Beckam in your post.
Heh — guilty as charged. Luckily I don't have to flaunt it on my arm for the rest of my life.
Old 1st February 2008, 14:31   #17
BHPian

in marathi dialect, 'V' is pronounced with a 'h' attached to it. I have not much idea if its the same way in the hindi dialect.
Thus, व्हीक्टोरीया is the right way of pronouncing it in marathi dialect. To each his own !

BTW, i am planning to get tattooed - a nice one at the back of my neck.
Anyone in pune for the job ??
Old 2nd February 2008, 19:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Yeah I think by far Pradeep would be the person to see to get inked.
Old 2nd February 2008, 23:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

Why torture oneself like this... I don't get it.
Old 4th February 2008, 01:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Continue discussion here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tattooing.html
Old 4th February 2008, 15:45   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
One reason is that when you're in your twenties, you genuinely cannot imagine what it's like to be old and decrepit, and realise that having a tattoo on your bum of a naked chick with a terribly out-of-date hairstyle will be more of an embarrassment than an asset. Dudes who go in for tattoos "because they're cool" don't seem to understand that these very tattoos may come to be considered square and hopelessly old-fashioned ten, twenty, or thirty years down the line.

Fads that seem so cool today may well be laughable in future. I can remember a time when vastly flared (bell-bottomed) trousers were the coolest threads on campus. Anyone not wearing them was considered a sad, uncool loser. Then there were the huge sideburns that extended all the way to one's jawline and then some. Thank goodness one could ditch trousers and sideburns more easily than tattoos. In future I imagine "airbrushing" out tattoos will be as big a business as etching them!
Old 4th February 2008, 22:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Rulez! View Post
In future I imagine "airbrushing" out tattoos will be as big a business as etching them!
One of my ex's father who was in the medical profession did this for a living in Germany. This was over 2 decades ago though.

Oh and the tattoo culture wont really become 'square'. Its an integral part of most ancient civilizations/cultures. In fact if your Maori/Polynesian, its an important part of achievements and milestones in ones life.
Old 6th February 2008, 15:57   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Oh and the tattoo culture wont really become 'square'. Its an integral part of most ancient civilizations/cultures.
I wasn't referring to a cultural aspect that's lasted hundreds of years. I'm talking about subject of the tattoo — a cool urban phenomenon has been with us for only 30-40 years. It's still too early to say if one's choice of tattoo could prove embarrassing someday in future.

One interesting scenario I read about was this: what if the tattoo practice was common in the early 20th century and millions of Nazi sympathisers had the swastika proudly emblazoned on their arms? I'm sure erasing all those tattoos in the 50s and 60s would have been big business.
Old 11th February 2008, 13:34   #24
BHPian

I got mine done last Friday from Pradeep Menon, after reading Riju s recommendation.
Pradeep knows what he is doing and does in a very hygenic environment.

I had a design which he enhanced, giving an unique and better detail.
No photos yet, shall post in the coming days.
Old 11th February 2008, 15:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats rocky,

and yup wee got our tatoo done after riju's recomendation and he was great, a very down to earth guy.
Old 11th February 2008, 15:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

Aye aye I need to get another one done . Hopefully wifey agrees for it again.
Old 20th July 2010, 09:27   #27

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Using Team-BHP to promote vested and commercial interests is STRICTLY prohibited. Do refrain from marketing your goods / services on the board.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by bblost : 20th July 2010 at 12:21.
veer165 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th January 2011, 11:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tattoo parlours in bangalore

One at Trivandrum now!

Desire Tattooz:Kerala's First Licensed Professional Tattoo & Piercing Studio Kerala Tattoos Trivandrum Tattoos

I went and talked to Sooraj who runs this. I might get one soon by Feb if I get time.
Old 19th January 2011, 12:58   #29
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tattoo parlours in bangalore

jk what are their prices like, do they charge per square inch on purely based on the design and the details ?

BTW I got my 2nd one done from Dominic on BEL new road. Not a chap I would recommend if you are looking at tribal tattoo's. The dude doesn't want to listen to your needs, rather is always trying to impose his ideas onto you. A big NO for me at-least.
Old 19th January 2011, 16:53   #30
Senior - BHPian

Tattoo parlours in Trivandrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
jk what are their prices like, do they charge per square inch on purely based on the design and the details ?

BTW I got my 2nd one done from Dominic on BEL new road. Not a chap I would recommend if you are looking at tribal tattoo's. The dude doesn't want to listen to your needs, rather is always trying to impose his ideas onto you. A big NO for me at-least.
800 for the first sq inch if I remember correctly then a lower rate.

He (Sooraj) was a Network Admin who left from Bangy to pursue business here ( do to personal issues). He didnt push me into doing anything and even said wont ! He said he can only help and gave some inputs.

I am a bit confused now on what I should get as I wanted my Zodiac sign and now the whole Z* thing changed!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks