Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2008, 15:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
In my book, this culprit should be tired to the road and the same amby should be driven over his legs and he should be then let off. Will serve as a deterrent to all those who have similar action plans in their minds.
I would use the JCB on the culprits legs.

Too many people missuse religion to land grab. In Punjab there is now an edict from the Akal Takht which states no one can use the Sikh faith and the holy scriptures to land grab. There have been cases where activists have gone in and removed such encroachments.
Old 13th February 2008, 15:34   #17
BHPian

I couldnt believe it when i saw it on tv yesterday.Have the authorities acted upon it yet?wonder how they got the footage captured.
Old 13th February 2008, 17:26   #18
BHPian

Spine scary. This accused should be dealt with properly (severely if needed), Imagine trying to kill these people in daylight. OMG! I'm scared of Ambys now.

The person looked really bad after the car ran over him.

cya
A
Old 13th February 2008, 17:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

it appeared to be an real life 'Carmageddon' here! (the car game where you are supposed to mow down people!).

As said, that driver had no intention of hiding, he just drove with windows down and face not covered; and that too when there were police men around.

did you guys notice that the police were just standing and blinking like normal pedestrians after the car shot off; were did their walkie talkies go? dont these morons have any vehicle to chase that guy?

and all this for a temple. is two life worth less than an enroached building? i guess people got all their priorities messed up!!!

seems like the priest and his son were arrested for this.
Old 13th February 2008, 17:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
it appeared to be an real life 'Carmageddon' here! (the car game where you are supposed to mow down people!).

As said, that driver had no intention of hiding, he just drove with windows down and face not covered; and that too when there were police men around.

did you guys notice that the police were just standing and blinking like normal pedestrians after the car shot off; were did their walkie talkies go? dont these morons have any vehicle to chase that guy?

and all this for a temple. is two life worth less than an enroached building? i guess people got all their priorities messed up!!!

seems like the priest and his son were arrested for this.
It was not a question of a temple or a church or any religious place for that matter. The authorities were there to remove the means of their livelihood. That guy should be brought to justice as soon as possible. He is a menace to society.
Old 13th February 2008, 18:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was not a question of a temple or a church or any religious place for that matter. The authorities were there to remove the means of their livelihood. That guy should be brought to justice as soon as possible. He is a menace to society.
all these are buildings, arent they? that was the point.

Yes, the authorities were there to remove this building, which was the source of income for few, who took to this means!!!

i hope they get the max punishment!
Old 13th February 2008, 20:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The authorities were there to remove the means of their livelihood.
So kill them ??

The authorities were following court orders and doing their duty and they got mowed down. And people were just watching. Amazing.
Old 13th February 2008, 20:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Holy *(&%^%^*!! That sent a chill down my spine!
All in the name of power & arrogance? These fellows should be shot up the wrong passage!!

God! I'm still in shock! And imagine what those 2 officials went through,for those harrowing 5-10 seconds.
Old 13th February 2008, 20:47   #24
BHPian

Quote:
If you look around you will notice that its usually GODS who block the road widening process. Why are the roads narrow (even after 60 years of independent indian thinking) is a different matter. So the trick is to build a temple / church / mosque / or fix a stone somwhere near the road and call it whatever you want and turn it into a religious matter. Road widening will never happen. Imagine holding discussions with GODS.

Old 14th February 2008, 01:22   #25
Senior - BHPian

Shocking and depressing .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB
The authorities were there to remove the means of their livelihood.
Begging is far far more divine and better than living off a religion/faith.
Im disgusted. I would like to drive over that madmax with the very same amby and let him go with an inch of life left.
Old 14th February 2008, 10:16   #26
Team-BHP Support

Seems both the officials who were mowed down are in serious condition.
As per the TOI report, this happened two weeks back, just that the footage was realesed only now.
Old 14th February 2008, 10:58   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Seems both the officials who were mowed down are in serious condition.
As per the TOI report, this happened two weeks back, just that the footage was realesed only now.
Man, one of the official came out at rear from bottom of that car. No idea where all he took hit.
Old 14th February 2008, 11:05   #28
BHPian

OT: I was at the Delhi airport on 13th early morning watching it in on TV. Incidentally, there happened to be a big group of foreigners, who were equally shocked at this incident. Our good old friends accompanying them mentioned that this happens in India.

What are trying to project????? I suppose we will need to maintain our dignity & not let our country down.

Coming bak to the incident, cannot digest the place, kanyakumari, where this happened. This is very similar to the "great satyender dubey" saga, where he lost his life to a "contractor cartel"
Old 14th February 2008, 11:19   #29
BHPian

OHG! That was sheer madness..doesnt he have any sense at all?? I would like to make that guy stand and mow him down like he did. And he hit one of the cop too
Old 14th February 2008, 11:19   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
Man, one of the official came out at rear from bottom of that car. No idea where all he took hit.
It is clear that the amby drove over his legs.

Quote:
If you look around you will notice that its usually GODS who block the road widening process. Why are the roads narrow (even after 60 years of independent indian thinking) is a different matter. So the trick is to build a temple / church / mosque / or fix a stone somwhere near the road and call it whatever you want and turn it into a religious matter. Road widening will never happen. Imagine holding discussions with GODS.
In India, it is a well known fact, Religion sells and no one dares to go against it. Be it hinduism, islam, etc. Once any form of an idol appears on the road, no one dares to remove it. All because, wherever there is religion, there will be regionalism, caste-ism. People like Mayawati, Thakre, Advani, Lalu, Reddy, etc. ride on this to come to power and exploit.

In this case, the officials wanted to help the common man and this is what happened. I am ashamed to be a part of this circus called India at times because of this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks