Team-BHP - Relocating to Chennai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Relocating to Chennai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/35583-relocating-chennai.html)

Hello all,

Need suggestion from Chennai bhp-ians.

I am relocating to Chennai in first week of march.

My office would be in Tidal park,Tharamani.

I need your inputs.I am planning to search for a 2BHK in Velachery\Thiruvanmiyur\Adyar area.Any other place which would be convenient,preferably within 5-6 kms from Tidal park?

How about traffic from the above mentioned places to Tidal park.I have driven around in Pune for 4.5 years now and hope the traffic is not worser than this.

Keep your suggestions pouring.

The three places that U've mentioned would be perfect for Tidel park.
Traffic ,although bad, wouldn't be much of a pain since its quite close.
Try checking out for the place on the online classifieds. U might get lucky. :)

some new developments were coming up on OMR outwards rom tidel park, if you like to stay away from crowd, u can try that. i think the landmark you shud be looking for is DB jain college.

it also had a wide road directly leading to airport bypassing the whole city.

adyar & tiruvanmiyur would be perfect. Velachery is a mess.

Perungudi might be cheaper too.

I would'nt call velacherry a mess, try hunting around TCS in velacherry. u get good houses around TCS. Area is mostly populated by IT professionals. Its very near to Tidel as well. Thiruvanmiyur and Adyar can be a little expensive, but thats only if u mind.

Hey jraj,

I am based out of Velacherry and located in the widest road namely the Bye Pass Road.If you need any help,PM me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fash_1 (Post 723842)
I would'nt call velacherry a mess, try hunting around TCS in velacherry. u get good houses around TCS. Area is mostly populated by IT professionals. Its very near to Tidel as well. Thiruvanmiyur and Adyar can be a little expensive, but thats only if u mind.

Thats right. Earlier Mr.Stalin (CM's son) stayed in this area and now that house converted to a play school. Area is pretty decent and easy access to Tidel park. Wide streets and very calm area. You can cover most of the purchases in Velachery.

@All:Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

So it will be either Velachery or Thiruvanmiyur.What would be the rent for a 2BHK in these areas?

I dont want to pay more than 10k.Will I get flats within this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jraj (Post 724168)
@All:Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

So it will be either Velachery or Thiruvanmiyur.What would be the rent for a 2BHK in these areas?

I dont want to pay more than 10k.Will I get flats within this?

Hey jraj,

2 BHK in this area can cost you between 8k - 10 K,but finding that is really difficult without the help of brokers.Try to get a catch of the brokers and they will be able to find you one and mind you they take 50% of your monthly rent as commmission. :Shockked:

good to see many chennai bhpians..clap:

tvanmiyur/ velachery are ok for ur office. Are you looking at schools too?
some of the better schools r at/ near adyar. march maybe bit late for getting admission.

if u have school going kid, first get the school and then look for the acco near the school.

you can try sulekha classifieds or the hindu classifieds for rentals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raajiv (Post 724178)
Hey jraj,
2 BHK in this area can cost you between 8k - 10 K,but finding that is really difficult without the help of brokers.Try to get a catch of the brokers and they will be able to find you one and mind you they take 50% of your monthly rent as commmission. :Shockked:

Okie...here in Pune they charge 1 month rent as commission.
If you have contacts of brokers,can you please pm me their numbers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jraj (Post 724204)
If you have contacts of brokers,can you please pm me their numbers?

See if you can get a 'Free Ads' paper instead of a broker. Helped me save a months rent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fash_1 (Post 726124)
See if you can get a 'Free Ads' paper instead of a broker. Helped me save a months rent.

yep, very true, try the free ads first. then the hindu classifieds. If nothing works out, get a broker as a last resort. have a local friend along when you go looking for houses.

Hi,

I would suggest Velachery to be better considering the distance to tidel park ( around 4 Km)...also you would get a decent 2 bhk for less than 10k.. Your travel from velachery to Tidel will take around 15 min even in peak hours...but from Thiruvaminyur it'll take a lot more cos of a signal in LB road that jams the whole place....

Rgds