Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2008, 11:40   #1
BHPian

NEVER use First Flight Couriers

I was supposed to receive a parcel from Hewlett-Packard from Delhi. It was shipped by HP on 19th Feb.

It is not yet delivered to me. The parcel reached Bangalore on 21-Feb. Each day, I call them and get a standard response that it will be delivered the same day. I even escalated it to the top management of First Flight but its seems to be of no use.

They just document that "Party not available" and fail to deliver the item. My mother is at home and I confirm that nobody arrived to deliver it and house was never locked.

I am really frustrated so wanted BHPians to know this and NEVER use First Flight for anything.

Here are the tracking details as on their website:

First Flight Couriers Ltd.

Last edited by gopz : 27th February 2008 at 11:41.
Old 27th February 2008, 11:46   #2
Team-BHP Support

Most courier companies in India (except the real expensive ones) use unreliable delivery boys for the last-mile delivery. That is where your package is in risk of getting lost. Use blue-dart for anything important/expensive.
Old 27th February 2008, 11:50   #3
BHPian

I had called them numerous times but did not even get a proper response and all I got were rude replies that the delivery boy has taken it and will be delivered "today" (right from 21st I have been calling and I get the standard answer - "today")

And my house is in a good residential locality in Bangalore and is absolutely very very easy to locate my house.
Old 27th February 2008, 11:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

If the package is important, Tell them u'll pick it up and not to send it out for delivery tomorrow.
Old 27th February 2008, 12:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
I had called them numerous times but did not even get a proper response and all I got were rude replies that the delivery boy has taken it and will be delivered "today" (right from 21st I have been calling and I get the standard answer - "today")

And my house is in a good residential locality in Bangalore and is absolutely very very easy to locate my house.
First thing to do is to check with them what is the address that they are delivering to.

Had an issue with my CC from ICICI. They showed on the trackign site as 'Person not available' and when called up, came to know that they were trying to deliver on my old address. Got the address updated and delivery was done.
Old 27th February 2008, 12:10   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Samurai : Most courier companies in India (except the real expensive ones) use unreliable delivery boys for the last-mile delivery. That is where your package is in risk of getting lost. Use blue-dart for anything important/expensive.
The companies dont pay much for the last mile. And this often makes things worse. The franchisees have a specified area of delivery, and if the delivery address is across the road, they will often say that there is no delivery facility in that area.

May be it's better to go with Speed-Post, which gives pretty good service at lower rates, and with facilities like tracking included.
Old 27th February 2008, 12:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

I would like to add "Professional Couriers" amongst one of the most unreliable couriers list. I've had bad experiences with them twice.

I don't havent had a bad experience with first flight yet because i never used them. But my cousin who used it to send some documents from Bangalore to Trivandrum had a really bad experience. And he almost lost the package.

Among the low cost couriers DTDC have been pretty reliable so far.

If it's something important always use a reliable courier like Blue Dart.
Old 27th February 2008, 12:12   #8
BHPian

I emailed the Country Manager - operations on 22nd, and he has not responded till date.

I have verified the address twice already since last week. They have the correct address.

It is surely a case of simply documenting that I am not available, without even coming to my place for delivery. Probably it is because they are understaffed.
Old 27th February 2008, 12:20   #9
BHPian

By the way gopi where is first flight office located ?

Instead of mailing and running around the bush, i suggest you to go there personally and give them a nice medicene of your choice and come back with your parcel.

Last edited by praJEEP : 27th February 2008 at 12:23.
Old 27th February 2008, 12:25   #10
Senior - BHPian

I agree Gopi as First Flight and other local couriers are a mere waste. They defy the very logic of sending the stuff in couriers. I had bitter experiences earlier and now i only rely on bluedart or dhl and though they are costly they are most reliable.
Old 27th February 2008, 12:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

Go get it from there local office. Why wait for four days. It might get damage in transit.
Old 27th February 2008, 12:38   #12
LLL
BHPian

Yes, i will suggest you go there and collect it yourself. They might make an excuse that its with delivery boy, then tell them u want his cell# and will speak to him and take the courier.

once u receive the parcel, ask for refund of shipping charges + cost of collecting parcel. you had paid for their service of getting the parcel within x days but they were not able to deliver within that time.

a small complaint to consumer forum will teach them a good lesson.

Also, since they are reporting that you are not available, check with ur society watchman if they have signed the entry register.

Last edited by LLL : 27th February 2008 at 12:42.
Old 27th February 2008, 13:17   #13
BHPian

I stay in an independent house, so there is no society watchman...also, I asked them to give me their address but they refused, saying that the delivery boy has taken it out and will be surely delivered today.
Old 27th February 2008, 13:22   #14
BHPian

Alright guys...I just got a call from my mother that she received the parcel now. At last!
Old 27th February 2008, 13:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

maybe the bangalore office isnt so efficient , i've always had good experiences with first flight here in chennai. my best experience so far was with a parcel i sent to bombay. booked at 7pm here in chennai and delivered next day morning at 10 am

on the other hand professional couriers seem to be universally unprofessional with their service

for really urgent work i would recommend bluedart or maybe even tnt.its really not worth trusting the vagaries of run of the mill courier services.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks