Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2008, 17:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Good thought ... Eager to some more replies.
Yeah GTO is the right person to answer this
Old 28th February 2008, 17:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

I hope the content remains as it is currently.. However, the structure and format may change to cater to a larger member base.
Old 28th February 2008, 17:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
5 years from now, I will still be Team-BHP's official story-teller. That will not change.
With all our kids sitting next to you while you are typing the stories for us
Old 29th February 2008, 10:21   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The community is entirely different today from how it was in the early days. Senior members (from 2004 & 2005) will remember how basic Team-BHP was back then, and how we have evolved with time to become who we are today.....in terms of strategy, features, policies, sections, software enhancements etc. The one thing that has stood like a rock is the spirit / enthusiasm amongst BHPians. The entire moderator team is constantly in discussion (Support Forum) on what next; how do we move forward? How do we improve? For instance, we are currently evaluating the pro's and con's of allowing picture uploads directly to the Team-BHP Server, and entirely letting go of imageshack. It would be safe to say that we are never standing still.

We aren't even 5 years old today, hence it is difficult to predict exactly where we will be in the next 5! Though we do have the next 24 months planned out in detail, with some very exciting surprises lined up.

I must add that we have an immensely intelligent and supportive memberbase on Team-BHP. Most of the best ideas in taking Team-BHP to the next level have come from the Suggestions thread, or from PMs / Emails from all of you. Thanks and do keep those coming.

Last edited by GTO : 29th February 2008 at 10:22.
Old 29th February 2008, 13:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
With all our kids sitting next to you while you are typing the stories for us
you are forgetting a possibility of on-board visual - teleconferencing here.
Now imagine H. H. Yeti telling stories over the conference, and children of all teamBHP members listening on JBL speakers !

PS: here, H.H. stands for His Hairyness, and not His Highness. His 'High'ness would be more suited for apna own MoralFibroid
Old 29th February 2008, 14:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
you are forgetting a possibility of on-board visual - teleconferencing here.
Now imagine H. H. Yeti telling stories over the conference, and children of all teamBHP members listening on JBL speakers !

PS: here, H.H. stands for His Hairyness, and not His Highness. His 'High'ness would be more suited for apna own MoralFibroid
HKanitkar! What a thought.
Jokes apart, there were days when I used to think who is Sam, GTO, MoralFibre,Ashutoshb, you,TheMag, N_C,B&T,Salil Pawar, Tushky, Ram, Ram.Hyundai, Sir Rudra, Samurai and other fellow Tbhpians. But now, despite not meeting anyone of them I feel so close to them. I see this bonding getting even stronger in the next 5 years. That's where I see TBhp 5 years from now.

I see Tbhp as a joint family of nuts, bolts, speakers,engines,tires and we humans.

Last edited by amtak : 29th February 2008 at 14:20.
Old 29th February 2008, 18:33   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
But now, despite not meeting anyone of them I feel so close to them. I see this bonding getting even stronger in the next 5 years. That's where I see TBhp 5 years from now.

I see Tbhp as a joint family of nuts, bolts, speakers,engines,tires and we humans.
Priceless statement...best post on this thread yet. Forget all the new technology and features, this is what we should uphold for the next 5 years. And infinitely after.
Old 29th February 2008, 20:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

Great to see a lot of new ideas from TBHPians. But my question is, why wait for 5 years? Why don't we start working on these ideas NOW?

@GTO and Mods, we bhpians would be more than willing to help you implement any of these ideas.
Old 29th February 2008, 20:29   #24
Awaiting Email Confirmation

5 years from now if technology permits I believe we will have video chats here, discussions and updates would happen on an instant....We wouldn't need our sms features to get in touch with members who aren't online, we'd be able to send them notifications through the site itself to their cells. Well, at least that would be a cool feature. And if 3G is in play..then I wish we could just page the members cellphone, and then have a video chat Pc to phone through here if we are tied up with 3G providers. That would be insane. However, we would then need an availability list as well.

Last edited by nitroxx : 29th February 2008 at 20:31.
Old 29th February 2008, 21:47   #25
BHPian

@amtak - very rightly said, man !!! That surely is going to happen in the next 5 years.

@GTO -

@nitroxx - am already gettin scolded by my boss ( my dad actually ) for spending a hell lotta time on pc. If this video chat/ notification thingy gets going, i am sure gonna be jobless.
Old 29th February 2008, 23:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Five years...six...seven...., if im still around, (we have seen how unexpected things get) I will for sure, be still adding on my two bits to new threads. Will still be making some really good friends and will still be learning so much from this forum. Thats the reason I have not left this forum and thats exactly the reason I will stay on.
Will love to see a tag below my avtar which will probably say...V-16 - diehard Bhpian !! Maybe that will be the class of bhpians we will belong to then.
Amen!!
Old 1st March 2008, 00:35   #27
BHPian

5 years from now, maybe we are able to get deep into the towns and cities which are currently unrepresented. May we become as common as a Tata or Maruti and most importantly, have enough members to hold a Shillong Meet
Old 1st March 2008, 10:12   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Great to see a lot of new ideas from TBHPians. But my question is, why wait for 5 years? Why don't we start working on these ideas NOW?
Who is waiting? I think you misinterpreted my answer. You will never find the Support Team twindling its fingers....we are always working on some improvement or the other.
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:12   #29
BHPian

hey have we thought of taking T-BHP to other than internet users. What would that look like if we wanted to meet those non-internet BHPians community
Old 3rd March 2008, 14:21   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
5 years from now, I will still be Team-BHP's official story-teller. That will not change.
And we wouldn't want that to change not just after 5 years, even after 10 years

Five years down the line I would probably be a Senior BHPan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks