Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2008, 12:19   #1
BHPian

Tricks, Pranks & Practical jokes.

April 1st is around the corner, it is a working day. So have you guys thought of some cool tricks you can play in your office / home???

This was one trick that worked well in my project few years back. Most of us fell for this, but you have to be early to office to pull this one off.

Use a 3M Post-it notes placed underneath everyone's computer mouse - ensure that it covers the ball or the optical sensor on the bottom. When they go to use the mouse, it won't work! On the 3M Post-it simply write April Fool.

So if you could put down some good ones, that actally work i can have my revenge this year.
Old 25th March 2008, 12:42   #2
BHPian

Changing caller tunes, the april fools are the best ones, which retaliates as soon as you say hello and goes on, i think different operators have different ones.
Old 25th March 2008, 17:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
Use a 3M Post-it notes placed underneath everyone's computer mouse - ensure that it covers the ball or the optical sensor on the bottom. When they go to use the mouse, it won't work! On the 3M Post-it simply write April Fool.
Good one. Will give it a shot.
Old 25th March 2008, 18:24   #4
BHPian

Good input Spinnerr will try this on my team mates.
Old 25th March 2008, 20:16   #5
BHPian

april fool tricks - Google Search
Old 26th March 2008, 01:25   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
April 1st is around the corner, it is a working day. So have you guys thought of some cool tricks you can play in your office / home???

This was one trick that worked well in my project few years back. Most of us fell for this, but you have to be early to office to pull this one off.

So if you could put down some good ones, that actally work i can have my revenge this year.
Thanks for the share Spinner .
Old 26th March 2008, 12:32   #7
BHPian

@spinner::,wat a trick man??

Note from Mod : Please take the time to type out your posts in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid the use of SMS language (wat = what, dat = that, etc), and please take the time to re-read your post for typos before submitting.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th March 2008 at 07:48. Reason: Please see note in post.
ankit.jhamb is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th March 2008, 16:24   #8
BHPian

@subscrive: Thanks for that Google link, i did try that before, but had to go through a lot of nonsense to locate one good prank. Hence was counting on some of you sharing a good one that I could re-use

And guys, I was expecting some good bight 'fool-proof' idea... and all i see is you guys planning to use the one that got me. Grrr...

Anyways lets hope it works well for you guys too... and honestly, hope not one of you is in my team / project. Would hate to see same played on me again.

The first thing that would do on Apr 1st is chk my mouse, check my chair, check door handles....and..and... something tells me that I am not going to be very lucky this year either. Some one is out there to get me.

Guess I should take the day off, switch off the mobile and stay home.
Old 30th March 2008, 01:55   #9
BHPian

@spinner
stay home.. that reminded me of one old trick that worked in places with frequent power cuts.. go to someone's house when the power is out and stick a clear tape on the calling bell... a buzzer kind helps..hehe

but personally i resolve to do this april fool's day, something to make someone's day, someone in need.
Old 1st April 2008, 02:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

Pranks and Practical Jokes

The purpose of this thread is for you to share pranks and practical jokes you may have played on your co-workers, family et cetera, or those that you have been the victim of. I am looking for humor here or at least justice. Hopefully you will not post anything too sadistic. I will start this off with a prank pulled on me.

I was in an Army hospital for surgery to fix a damaged shoulder in a large ward room of sixteen beds and men. It was a place of great suffering and the men faced it courageously with much “graveyard” humor and wry wit. The morning of my surgery nurses came to my bed and started injections of anesthesia. Shortly after this the men of the ward, my fellow patients, made great pretense of looking down the hallway. They told me to strip off my sole remaining hospital night shirt because the operation room crew was coming for me with a gurney and they expected me to be naked. I was groggy from the anesthesia, not able to think too clearly and more open to suggestion than normal so I took off my remaining night shirt and stood there naked. In walked a family of 6 including 3 lovely young daughters and their mother. They were there to visit their brother. They all got a wonderful view of my naked self and the daughters got an instant lesson in male anatomy (Ahem! If only a small one.) They went running back out the door with much screaming and fuss which instantly brought in a battery of nurses and attendants. The men of the ward then told the staff of my perversion and depravity. I had successful surgery but the staff kept a wary eye on me afterward. You have never heard such deep laughter. At least I raised the morale of these guys a notch or 2.
DirtyDan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2008, 02:43   #11
BHPian

HAHAHA!! Funny with a capital 'F'
Old 1st April 2008, 10:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Army story #2

My unit was in intense commando training preparing for a real war. There were field exercises demanding much physical exertion and sleep deprivation but these were interspersed with classroom work where we lived in baracks. Weeks into training we were exhausted. But a nasty young officer kept busting into our barracks at 2am, throwing on the light switch and beating a metal garbage can with a stick as he had us stand at attention by our bunks. There was no good reason for this. It was just pure harassment from a young punk who thought it was funny.
After a week of this we came up with a solution. We took out the light switch and just left two bare wires hanging there. He came in and reached for the switch and got the shock of his life. The punishment and extra duty they heaped on us was worth it. The young punk officer could no longer look us in the eyes and he developed a little stutter since the shock.
Old 1st April 2008, 13:05   #13
Senior - BHPian

OT: Google presents Virgle....

Virgle: The Adventure of Many Lifetimes
Old 21st June 2022, 16:15   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tricks, Pranks & Practical jokes.

The website webuyanycar.com bears the name of this firm/company based in the U. K. calling itself "we buy any car".

https://www.webuyanycar.com/

Accordingly, Mr Jones gave it a try, sending picture of a plastiky "Little Tikes Car" for valuation. The guy Adam Jennings who is a somebody in webuyanycar reacted thus:-

Tricks, Pranks & Practical jokes.-fb_img_1655745952308.jpg

It could also be revealing the state of mind of Mr Jones who could be lamenting about the new era Korean and Japanese plasticky cars, now plentifully sold in the U. K. This could be his riposte while reminiscing the older British marques selling solid metal, once upon a time.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 21st June 2022 at 16:18.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 13:37   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tricks, Pranks & Practical jokes.

Got this very self explanatory image on the wall of a FB friend:-

Tricks, Pranks & Practical jokes.-fb_img_1677824328192.jpg
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks