Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 15:32   #2026
BHPian

hey, you can park in UB city, Garuda or there's a parking lot at the end of brigade road, behind the petrol pump, at the brigade-residency road signal.
you can even try cunningham road!
It'll be a long walk but it's one of the easiest ways out because auto's will rip you off left right centre even for the shortest of distance because they know you have no alternative, unless you use the buses, which actually isnt a bad idea at all. and dont worry, the chinnaswamy seats about 40,000people so none of the roads within a 2km stretch will be lonely 11pm at night!
Or if you can go early enough, try finding parking on st marks road
and after RCB wins, you wont mind the long walk
Old 9th April 2010, 13:55   #2027
BHPian

Bangalore lost, again :(. I was at the match, awsome atmosphere and i was on my feet with the rest of the stadium for the last 5 overs when RCB zoomed to 184 but it all came undone in the end. Everyone was depressed, i almost got into a fight with some disgusting Deccan fans..im surprised there were no fights at the stadium, lol. My friend at home saw me on tv though, i guess i was looking sad or worried or somethin so thats why the camera panned on me lol.
Old 18th April 2010, 19:41   #2028
BHPian

Whoa! What a match. I never believed CSK would win till Dhoni hit that massive six out of the ground in the last over. Now the next match between DD and DC gets really interesting.
Old 18th April 2010, 19:47   #2029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Whoa! What a match. I never believed CSK would win till Dhoni hit that massive six out of the ground in the last over. Now the next match between DD and DC gets really interesting.
it looks like its gonna be a semi final between CSK and RCB...both my favorite teams .
Old 19th April 2010, 00:01   #2030
BHPian

Finally RCB is in the semifinals but both the matches got cancelled which is sad for us. I had made a lot of calls to somehow get the tickets for semis but went in vain. Seems RCB will take on MI and CSK will take on DD in the semis, but since sachin is in MI I dont mind them winning the semis and the finals too
Old 19th April 2010, 02:16   #2031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prguru View Post
Finally RCB is in the semifinals but both the matches got cancelled which is sad for us. I had made a lot of calls to somehow get the tickets for semis but went in vain. Seems RCB will take on MI and CSK will take on DD in the semis, but since sachin is in MI I dont mind them winning the semis and the finals too
actually its CSK and DC. RCB and MI will play first. Come on, as a Bangalorean u gotta be an RCB man .
Old 19th April 2010, 09:05   #2032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
I knew CSK would win the moment Pathan started bowling the last over.

Question: By how much of a margin should KKR beat Mumbai if they need to knock RCB to the the 4th place?

Last edited by triedeverything : 19th April 2010 at 09:11.
Old 19th April 2010, 09:09   #2033
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore lost out on hosting the semis. IMHO, I think it got a raw deal here. Not fair.
Old 19th April 2010, 09:35   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Question: By how much of a margin should KKR beat Mumbai if they need to knock RCB to the the 4th place?
KKR cannot knockout RCB from the top 4. Their run rate is way too low.

Edit: KKR has to beat MI by a 180 runs for this to happen

Last edited by Mission_Safari : 19th April 2010 at 09:39. Reason: Added txt
Old 19th April 2010, 09:52   #2035
Senior - BHPian

We should remove all the options from the poll and replace them with just this one:
Do you think IPL is fixed:
1. Yes
2. Most definitely yes.
Old 19th April 2010, 10:16   #2036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
We should remove all the options from the poll and replace them with just this one:
Do you think IPL is fixed:
1. Yes
2. Most definitely yes.
huh? Why do you think it is fixed?
Old 19th April 2010, 12:39   #2037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho View Post
huh? Why do you think it is fixed?
Two of the most recent teams have been bought for more than INR 1500 crores! Where do you think the payback will come from? Stadium tickets and a couple of sponsors???
The matches are indeed fixed but then there is no national pride, no skill in this version of cricket so how does it really matter? Unofficial figures claims more than 10,000 crores in betting money on IPL. I personally know someone who has made more than 90 lakhs in this season of the IPL from betting alone.

Flat pitches, shorter grounds.... bowlers fill their role while batsman make merry but the administrators and players make huge sums of money so much so that not playing in the country's 11 doesnt really matters to most of them. The media goes ga-ga-ga so that they can also take a slice out of the pie (a huge pie that is) national issues are ignored and the ultimate sufferers are us and we enjoy that. I call it Irony! The biggest fluke ever in the country in the name of cricket. Shame!

Last edited by extreme_torque : 19th April 2010 at 12:44.
Old 19th April 2010, 13:11   #2038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If KKR bat first and score 200, they have to get MI all out for less than 27
If MI bat first and score 50, KKR should chase it inside 6 overs
So you get the drift...
Forget beating MI, even putting up a decent fight is asking for too much from KKR.

Overall, I think it's going to be a repeat of IPL 2009 final.
Old 19th April 2010, 14:10   #2039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I knew CSK would win when I saw VRV was playing for KX1P.
Old 19th April 2010, 17:37   #2040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Two of the most recent teams have been bought for more than INR 1500 crores! Where do you think the payback will come from? Stadium tickets and a couple of sponsors???
The matches are indeed fixed but then there is no national pride, no skill in this version of cricket so how does it really matter? Unofficial figures claims more than 10,000 crores in betting money on IPL. I personally know someone who has made more than 90 lakhs in this season of the IPL from betting alone.

Flat pitches, shorter grounds.... bowlers fill their role while batsman make merry but the administrators and players make huge sums of money so much so that not playing in the country's 11 doesnt really matters to most of them. The media goes ga-ga-ga so that they can also take a slice out of the pie (a huge pie that is) national issues are ignored and the ultimate sufferers are us and we enjoy that. I call it Irony! The biggest fluke ever in the country in the name of cricket. Shame!
Starting with the assumption that the matches are fixed because you cannot fathom how they make money does not seem right to me. Your friend illegally made money by fixing a match or by betting without knowing the result beforehand?

I am not privy to how the franchises make money. I believe it's like an investment for the owners. Buy today for a certain amount and sell later for more. You think this is not possible?

What about money from TV rights? If Wikipedia is right (), Sony paid 8700 crores for 10 years and about 60% goes to the teams. That's 5000 crores for 10 teams or 500 crores each, which is about equal to the price paid by the initial franchise owners for their teams.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks