Team-BHP - The IPL Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The IPL Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/37928-ipl-thread.html)

I know this is about cricket but this is exclusively about the IPL. for other cricketing news and views and discussion, use the Cricket Thread.

8 teams play the IPL. Which team do you think will win this 1st IPL tournament ?

Views ? News ? Discussion ?

Lets go guys.

ps - this is the website of the IPL - Indian Premier League Cricket |Indian Premier League News |IPL Discussion | IPL Information |

Looks like all the current test players are practicing for this tournament.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 784567)
Looks like all the current test players are practicing for this tournament.

Except Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman, Sachin, Sehwag, Kumble :D

Who is left then? Anyway these are T20 'iCONs' :uncontrol
Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 784830)
Except Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman, Sachin, Sehwag, Kumble :D

I voted for Virender Sehwag. You never know what that guy can come up with :)

Lets wait and watch. I am not sure how the public (including me) will react to IPL. It sounds interesting but will have to see how the "loyalty" and "support" factor builds up.
ex: I am a delhi-ite but not sure whether I support the team or not.

Otherwise, I think kolkata will be the most successful team commercially. SRK is a smart man and will do fantastic marketing I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 784842)

Surprise surprise :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 784842)

You have lot of confidence in this guy, right? Personally, I feel either Chennai / Hyderabad team may make it for finals. But I also need to support my home team right? I prefer RC to make it to finals and win the cup which will silence many critics as there are some players in this team including captain who have not been given a fair chance in other form of this game.:)

Chennai - India Cements
Mumbai - Reliance
Delhi - GMR
Hyderabad - Deccan
Bangalore - UB
Punjab - Bombay Dyeing
Rajastan - EMG
All these are corporates and they have a baggage to promote their business thru' their teams. What if their competitors want to pour their money? Only option is SRK's Kolkatta.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 784847)
Otherwise, I think kolkata will be the most successful team commercially. SRK is a smart man and will do fantastic marketing I think.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 784847)

All the teams are owned by corporates and all of them are successful in their businesses. They also know how to get back their money they have put in for purchasing the teams and players.

Also SRK has his own baggage too - like must promote only Nokia, Airtel, etc.
Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 784854)
All these are corporates and they have a baggage to promote their business thru' their teams. What if their competitors want to pour their money? Only option is SRK's Kolkatta.

There is nothing called Bengalooru team. Its only Royal Challengers - the greatest surrogate advertising campaign. This time its RC. Next time it might be McDowells.
Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 784853)
But I also need to support my home team right? I prefer RC to make it to finals and win the cup which will silence many critics as there are some players in this team including captain who have not been given a fair chance in other form of this game.:)

There was no separate thread for ICL. But we have it for IPL. Any tie up with BCCI to promote IPL online?

I support Delhi Daredevils :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabloo (Post 787474)
There was no separate thread for ICL. But we have it for IPL. Any tie up with BCCI to promote IPL online?

Hush ! Lalit Modi had held a secret meeting with me and there is a deal for an undisclosed classified sum - I am telling you because you all are my family. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 787545)
Hush ! Lalit Modi had held a secret meeting with me and there is a deal for an undisclosed classified sum - I am telling you because you all are my family. :)

n_c arn't you going to share the undisclosed classified sum with your family members :D

Tough to predict the first tournament. No one individual's brilliance is going to win matches. Anyway, I am rooting for the Superkings, yeah we have dhoni.

Backing the Royal Challengers. But realistically, the Deccan Chargers have a solid T20 team. It has to be noted that a few internationals including a few aussies and south africans leave for international duty/camps. How the respective teams cope with it remains to be seen.