Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2008, 09:19   #1
BHPian

Beware- Horrific incident on the noida express way near AMITY / Lotus Valley

Now that I have your attention, I work in an MNC based right of the Greater Noida Express way near Amity & Lotus valley School
A couple of days back a collegue of mine was headed home around 8:30PM, he took the service land and then went to the first underpass to get to the other side if the expressway, as he reached the underpass, which is dak and desolate, 2 men dressed in khakis stopped him. Naturally he stopped. They got into his car and held him at gun point, took him to an ATM had him withdraw the money took his cell and all the rings etc he was wearing and took his car and fled,

Just a public service announcement
please beware
Old 18th April 2008, 11:40   #2
Senior - BHPian

I'm wondering what the ATM security guard was doing.
Old 18th April 2008, 11:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Poor guy, what else could he do, after all the men were in Khaki. The only other option would have been to floor the accelerator, and mow them down if they blocked him.
What is happening to Delhi? I read today that the population is increasing by leaps and bounds, but the police force is stagnant.
Old 18th April 2008, 11:46   #4
BHPian

Sorry to hear this. All please take care. Do not stop at deserted areas even if you think they are cops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Are all ATM guards armed? An un-armed guard can't do anything. BTW there are many ATM's without guards. It could be one.
Old 18th April 2008, 11:47   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
you an i both know how these security guards are..... more over these guys wanted him to wait till modnight so that the ATM 1 day withdrawl limit in both his ATM cards are reset and they can withdraw the money yet again, moreover only one of the guys in khaki went to the ATM while they kept the other guy on gun point till he came back
Old 18th April 2008, 11:49   #6
BHPian

Heard another incident where 2 or 3 girls were taken by the "COPS" from outy side Amity on greater noida express way to the "police station" and these girls are no where to be found / cant be traced, yesterday there was a massive "police" presence at amity.
Old 18th April 2008, 11:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

Its too bad. but good to hear they were ONLY behind money and no harm to the guy. Its a great relief.
But certainly we are heading towards a wrong direction

Unless govt comes with schemes to help those unemployed or below poverty line people, this is going to be the greatest difficulty in managing.
Old 18th April 2008, 12:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

sab dlehi mein hota hai.

someone i know well was taken up by a khaki guy in FRONT of PVR saket - who took him to the police booth nearby, sat him down, said that your number plate is broken - culpable since you are driving stolen car (he had documents) but I will put you in jail etyadi, and even took his phone. he paid 1000 bucks to escape, but despite contacts wasnt albe to later trace that "officer"
Old 18th April 2008, 17:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

Can we ask the cops to show their id cards when the police are doing the random checking. Oh! we should mention that we are just helping them by not giving a chance to the fake police so as to not hurt their ego. I always think about this and forget the moment i face them on the road, may this also give the fakes the confidence to commit such crimes.

I am not so sure how would they react. May be i should talk to some one in my family working in govt. service how would they react when someone(general public) asks to show their id cards.

raj.
Old 19th April 2008, 16:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

My driver had encountered such a situation : three officious looking members were stopping the vehicles, inspecting the documents and fining. My driver recognized them and when they motioned the vehicle to stop, he slowed down and said a word - their native place - and they disappeared speedily. They were a bunch of small time con-men in our native town.
Old 19th June 2008, 04:22   #11
BHPian

If you enter reverse pin numbers in ATM, you can still withdraw money and alert bank as well.
Old 19th June 2008, 12:16   #12
BHPian

Quote:
If you enter reverse pin numbers in ATM, you can still withdraw money and alert bank as well.
That is something floating around in E-mails and would anyone know if this trick is even 1% authentic?
Old 19th June 2008, 12:22   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
That is something floating around in E-mails and would anyone know if this trick is even 1% authentic?
Nope. Not true. Thats an urban legend. What if the number is a palindrome as in 2442? Will it still work.
The only way to avoid this as already suggested is to stay away from Deserted places especially at night. If you are in such a situation keep a cool head and remember the first thing is to prevent any harm to you. Money/Ring/Car can be bought again.
Old 19th June 2008, 12:47   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
sab dlehi mein hota hai.
Not really. It happened in Mumbai as well.

Some guy was driving his NHC and 2 thugs
decided to join the ride, with a knife and
something else I don't remember.
The owner had the presence of mind/courage to report
low fuel to the thugs.
They promptly agreed to pull up to the nearest bunk.
When they did, he plucked the keys
and took off on foot...where?
Santacruz Police Station.

The crooks were nabbed though..same day.

It was all over Aaj Tak yesterday afternoon.
Old 19th June 2008, 14:30   #15
BHPian

Where is our contry going?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks