Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2008, 10:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Sweet Experience at Bangalore Airport

I was travelling from bangalore to Hyderabad on 26th. I had just checked in and my flight was scheduled to depart in about 20 minutes. Since the sec. check was not crowded, I thougt I will pop down to the bookshop to pick up a magazine.

In the bookshop, i picked up a copy of Overdrive and gave the casheir a Rs. 500 note to pay for it. he said that he had no change. So then, I told him if he will accept a credit card, since I only had Rs 500 notes in my wallet. he declined that as well saying htat cards are not accepted for magazines.

so then, I left the magazine and was moving out of the shop, when another customer in the shop calle dout to me. he was buying a copy of Autocar India and he saw the entire exchange between me and the shop keeper.

he said, "buddy, why dont I pay for your magazine as well!!"

i was really taken aback since this fellow was a complete stranger, and obviously, i declined his offer, but checked with him if he could break a 500. he did not have change with him either, but once again he said, "its no big deal, i will pay for the mag..."

then, i realised that the copy of autocar that he was buying was also with me in my bag. so i told him, that if he were to pay for my magazine, then he need not buy the autocar, since i had bought one the day before and had finished reading my copy.

so he bought the OD for me and I gave him my copy of autocar....a win win situation

we exchanged pleasantries and he went to board his flight to Mumbai and I to mine. the entire episode left a smile on my face and it is these little things that make your day!

i dont know why he came forward to help me out for something so insignificant as buying a mag. maybe he recognised me to be a fellow auto enthusiast (i was wearing a Ferrari cap!). but whatever it was, it was a sweet gesture.

in my hurry to catch the flight, I forgot to ask him if he was a BHPian ( no surpirse if he does turn out to be one), but mate, if you are reading this, THANK YOU!!

Cheers

himanshu
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2008, 11:28   #2
Senior - BHPian

Always nice to hear about people helping out.

Cheers
Old 28th April 2008, 14:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Sure we will get a response from the other pal in here soon....
Old 28th April 2008, 15:33   #4
BHPian

Good to hear it the world is so small nice people meet nice one
Old 28th April 2008, 15:54   #5
BHPian

Himanshu, you scared me with the title. Bangalore airport and good experience???

Anyway a sweet gesture
Old 28th April 2008, 16:49   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I was travelling from bangalore to Hyderabad on 26th. I had just checked in and my flight was scheduled to depart in about 20 minutes. Since the sec. check was not crowded, I thougt I will pop down to the bookshop to pick up a magazine.

In the bookshop, i picked up a copy of Overdrive and gave the casheir a Rs. 500 note to pay for it. he said that he had no change. So then, I told him if he will accept a credit card, since I only had Rs 500 notes in my wallet. he declined that as well saying htat cards are not accepted for magazines.

so then, I left the magazine and was moving out of the shop, when another customer in the shop calle dout to me. he was buying a copy of Autocar India and he saw the entire exchange between me and the shop keeper.

he said, "buddy, why dont I pay for your magazine as well!!"

i was really taken aback since this fellow was a complete stranger, and obviously, i declined his offer, but checked with him if he could break a 500. he did not have change with him either, but once again he said, "its no big deal, i will pay for the mag..."

then, i realised that the copy of autocar that he was buying was also with me in my bag. so i told him, that if he were to pay for my magazine, then he need not buy the autocar, since i had bought one the day before and had finished reading my copy.

so he bought the OD for me and I gave him my copy of autocar....a win win situation

we exchanged pleasantries and he went to board his flight to Mumbai and I to mine. the entire episode left a smile on my face and it is these little things that make your day!

i dont know why he came forward to help me out for something so insignificant as buying a mag. maybe he recognised me to be a fellow auto enthusiast (i was wearing a Ferrari cap!). but whatever it was, it was a sweet gesture.

in my hurry to catch the flight, I forgot to ask him if he was a BHPian ( no surpirse if he does turn out to be one), but mate, if you are reading this, THANK YOU!!

Cheers

himanshu
himanshugoswami: wonderful and nearly heart-warming. There are heaps of decent folks out there. Invariably it's the good people who run into them.
cheers.
Old 28th April 2008, 17:28   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
himanshugoswami: wonderful and nearly heart-warming. There are heaps of decent folks out there. Invariably it's the good people who run into them.
cheers.

@netchef:
Himanshu is a Lawyer. You called him a good guy, now get ready to be sued.

Himanshu, sorry buddy, unable to resist it.
I am still waiting for the other guy to show up.

come on, everyone lets find the auto enthusiast Himanshu bumped into.
Old 28th April 2008, 17:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

Wow that was indeed a Sweet experience

People like the one Himanshu met really make your day
Old 28th April 2008, 17:52   #9
Senior - BHPian

Heyyyy even I made way for a guy at the security check queue as
he had already missed one flight and wanted to rush to the other.
Damn! I too should be mentioned in some or the other forum.
Old 28th April 2008, 17:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

I remember reading a sweet experience by n_c. I was expecting something on that lines.

(air port, waiting time, bumping into people,........)

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 28th April 2008 at 17:58.
Old 28th April 2008, 18:43   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
@netchef:
Himanshu is a Lawyer. You called him a good guy, now get ready to be sued.

Himanshu, sorry buddy, unable to resist it.
I am still waiting for the other guy to show up.

come on, everyone lets find the auto enthusiast Himanshu bumped into.

Oh, no. Habeas corpus or something. Am I in trouble.
Old 28th April 2008, 19:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nice experience,indeed. Not many people actually do something as simple as this,for a stranger.
Old 28th April 2008, 23:00   #13
Senior - BHPian

Well that is a sweet experience. Experiences like these definitely leave a smile on your face.
Old 28th April 2008, 23:58   #14
Senior - BHPian

That was a really nice thing to happen. The other guy was an auto enthusiast for sure. These kind of things make the day.
Old 29th April 2008, 09:56   #15
BHPian

Hmm...may be that gentlemen was working for overdrive and he got the Autocar from you to check what was happening in the competitors magzine

Anyway that was a good experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks