Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2008, 15:23   #1
BHPian

Unusually Pleasant Experience In Rto: Ka-03

PRELUDE: The backside of my DL, where the expiry date is supposed to be has been erased as it lay in my wallet for several years without being used.

Last week a cop stopped my for random checking in the night, I got a stiff warning from him (which cost me 50 bucks).

Yesterday noon, work was very light & I decided to do the holy pilgrimage to the RTO- Indiranagar.

I visited the RTO website, downloaded the necessary form, filled the form & made the 10 min journey after a gap of 8 years. My last visit was to get my IDP. The visit was so bad, I had to pull some strings in Vidhana-Soudha to expedite the process without much pain & loss to the pocket.

PRESENT EXPERIENCE: I climb the deserted staircase to the 2nd floor, wondering if the RTO is open or not.
I walk up to the lady at the help desk, asking for the directions to the cash counter.
Help desk Lady: Please go to counter number seven saar
ME: ????? (Never been addressed as Saar in any govt office in my limited experience with these kind)
Help desk Lady: Do you need any help with your forms?
Me: no. Thanks
Help desk Lady: Can I check your forms? It will save some time for you inside the office.
Me: hmmmmm, sure. I give her all the docs. (She puts it in order, staples & clips the loose sheets)

I thank her & go to counter number 7 in the near empty corridor, wondering what happened to all the torts, who used to work there, bugging everyone who walked into the RTO complex?

I am number 3 in the queue at the cash counter. My turn comes. Rs.215/- for re-issue of DL. Money changes hands. Cashier: Please go to counter number 4 saar.

Again saar!!!

where am I? am I being made a bakra or something?

Counter number 4: After endorsement, Please go to ARTO's cabin.

Two guys waiting in the Queue. I start reading all the signs on the walls.
One sign says "FORMS ACCEPTED ONLY TILL 1-30PM"
Suddenly I'm like $%^&*. The time was already 1-29. I peek into the ARTO cabin. He's signing a pile of files casually without any hurry.

I wanted to scream & ask him to speed it up. 1-36PM, he's done with the files. By then the chapdasi has stopped others from entering the office as its post 1-30.

By now I was cursing myself for not coming well in advance & braced myself for getting into an argument in case the ARTO doesn't accept my form.

1-42 PM, the peon gets ARTO's lunch bag and starts setting up the table in one corner of the office & I am the next in Queue. The peon says something & the ARTO asks him to wait till he finishes all the people in the Queue, which was 4 people including myself.

1-46 PM on the wall clock I get inside the cabin, give the papers.
ARTO: so what do you do Mr......
ME: Am a Stock Broker
ARTO: So how are the markets today?
ME: ........sorry for delaying your lunch
ARTO: Thats alright, sometimes its 2-30 pm by the time I finish with the guys in the queue.
ME: Thank you very much. My previous experience in RTO was quite hmmmm... different.

The ARTO signs the papers.

ARTO: Please goto the last counter, your DL will be done there.

I go to the last counter, they capture my picture for the DL and voila I get my new DL

All this within 30 minutes with lot of courtesy & efficiency.

This is one change in Bangalore thats more than welcome!
Old 3rd May 2008, 16:07   #2
LLL
BHPian

wow. this is unbelievable. No one told you your papers were not in order, your photos dont match or your names dont match? no one told you that you were late? And they really told you which counter to go to?

i am amazed and pleasantly suprised.
Old 3rd May 2008, 16:09   #3
Senior - BHPian

So far, I've never been told any of those things at KA-03, LLL.

Good going, eclectix. Nice to see other people having pleasant experiences at government offices.
Old 3rd May 2008, 16:30   #4
Team-BHP Support

Last time i went was some 4 years back and even then i didnt have any issues, only thing i had to do was understand the procedure well (forms, photos, proofs) and things went fine.

One visit dropped the papers, 2nd visit at prescribed time on the chit, collected the docs.

Same with Jayanagar RTO also.
Old 3rd May 2008, 21:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Great to know this, am going there next week to cancel the hypothication entry in my car's RC book!
Old 4th May 2008, 09:58   #6
Team-BHP Support

Went there last week for signature verification for the Vtec sale. they were polite, mildly scolding about by signature inconsistency but thorough in verifying my identity and whether the hypothection was cancelled. They were only satisfied when I showed my bank card and proved my account details tallied.

People around were quite impressed with them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks