Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2005, 20:11   #1
BHPian

Broadband Internet

Hi. I live in Prabhadevi and have Net9online broadband internet. This absolutely sucks. there is nothing broadband of it. people here dont know how to talk and the service is pathetic. u can actually count how many hours the internet is on. Do you guys have any idea which is a good internet connection which gives unlimited downloads which would be there in this area. Is anyone using this crappy Net 9 service?

Any suggestions..

thanks

Z Klasse
Old 12th February 2005, 21:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Pm Aditya. He stay in the same area and may help u
Old 12th February 2005, 22:37   #3
Team-BHP Support

Hey Z Klasse,
I stay at Prabhadevi too and am using Hathway Internet. It's worked fine since I got it i.e. more than a year now. It's pretty fast and rarely trips up. If you go in for hathway, insist on a Motorola Surfboard modem, else you'll be provided with a not-so-well known type.
Cheers
Aditya
Old 13th February 2005, 01:12   #4
Team-BHP Support

Two TBHP threads that should help you out -

How fast is your ISP ?

How Much Do You Pay For Broadband?

cya
R
Old 13th February 2005, 01:26   #5
BHPian

Thanks aditya but the problem with hathway is that they have limit on downloads.. I need more than 2 gb a month for downloads. I can do with 1.5 gb but hathway is damn stingent on it. Reliance was supposed to come out with a 750 rs 128 kbps 10 gb a month and 1250 rs 256kbps 10 gb a month and also a 3000 rs 512kbps 10 gb a month but they havent wired all buildings. They have wired 2 lac buildings and they are still going on further. Lets see wht happens. Mtnl is good but now they have limits on downloads.
Old 13th February 2005, 01:37   #6
BHPian

Just checked out Hathway.com and for 1000 bucks they are offering 256kbps and 2 gb limit on downloads. that is pretty good as they do not count uploads in the traffic. I think this is really good and one word of advice, drive without oil in the car but dont subscribe to Net9Online. Sucks Sucks sucks..!!!!
Old 13th February 2005, 16:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

hey zclasse,
Sify has also launched its broadband internet.in mulund its 1000rs per month for 128kbps and no download restrictions.and installation is also free.
MTNL has launched its broadband service in mumbai
Old 14th February 2005, 15:27   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya
hey zclasse,
Sify has also launched its broadband internet.in mulund its 1000rs per month for 128kbps and no download restrictions.and installation is also free.
MTNL has launched its broadband service in mumbai

thanks. but mtnl has restrictions and thats the whole problem. Ive checked with sify but they dont give service in prabhadevi area
Old 31st October 2005, 18:20   #9

I live in Byculla and have net9online. I am not able to use torrents. Are you able to download with torrents. Please let me know how?
Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 22:11   #10
BHPian

Re: Broadband Internet

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. Mods please move to new thread if you feel it warrants one.

I have a peculiar problem with my ISP (Dbroadband), no big issue with connection or speed or customer service.(could be better)
But every now and then (3-4 months) they seem to change the domain name or the website address to access account for recharge purposes.

Earlier it used to be

timebroadband{dot}in

The above site changed for recharge I was told go to:

myaccount{dot}dbroadband{dot}in

Now it has changed to:
selfcare{dot}dbroadband{dot}in

If you go to the site above it all looks similar(even active now) but the account gets deactivated in old one and on calling customer care they ask us to use the new site.

Reason : “Issue with database, some users has been redirected to use new site”

The credentials remains the same but gets deactivated in the old one.This is done with no prior information nor initiated from my side.

Anyone else seen such thing? Is there some scam going on behind?
Old 29th November 2019, 16:57   #11
BHPian

Re: Broadband Internet

I don't think it's a scam. Based on personal experience -
Previously was on gbroadband, next it became dbroadband. This shift happened in a month's time. No change in connection nor infrastructure just the name change. Even the people working installation and maintenance were the same.
Went to pay the bill and they asked me to go to a new site. Was sceptical but I did it in their local office in front of them. Used it for 5 months after this. Shifted to a new location and I'm on Airtel now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks