Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2008, 21:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

Transferring Voter ID from one state to another ?

Is it possible to transfer voter id from one state to another ? what's the procedure ? How much time it takes ? What are the minimum requirement to do so ? Can anyone please provide any pointers ?It'll be very helpful.
Regards,
Kaushik
Old 11th May 2008, 23:30   #2
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Is it possible to transfer voter id from one state to another ? what's the procedure ? How much time it takes ? What are the minimum requirement to do so ? Can anyone please provide any pointers ?It'll be very helpful.
Regards,
Kaushik
Election Commision India
Nirvachan Sadan,
Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110001
Tel: 011-23717391 Fax: 011-23713412
feedback@eci.gov.in
Link Election Commission India

Last edited by ECM : 11th May 2008 at 23:32.
Old 12th May 2008, 23:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ECM for the link,going through it now.
but I would like to know is there anyone who has done this before? I mean, is it possible?
Old 12th May 2008, 23:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

why do you want to transfer it. It is not necessary. You can fill in the required form here in Bangalore and submit it. Your name would get added to the electoral list. You just need to cross verify it online and when you get a chance to get a voter id, get it.

The previous one can be returned to the Election Commission. If not during the next electoral list verification drive your family members can ask for your name to be deleted from the rolls.

The election commission is planning to have a centralized system whereby all duplicate entries across states would be removed.

I have a TN voter id and a Karnataka voter id. However my TN name would be struck off the rolls next time.
Old 16th March 2019, 14:03   #5
BHPian

Re: Transferring Voter ID from one state to another ?

Reviving this thread :

For the 2019 General Election , any individual can look into the details of his/her constituency and other relevant details (like Serial Number, etc.) from the following ECI Website :

https://electoralsearch.in/ (Reload link if not opening in first attempt. It's buggy.)

If anyone wants to change their constituency due to shifting locally (Form 6) or Internationally(Form 6A) , can fill out the simple online form through the given link below and upload relevant documents for verification.

Domestic Transfer : https://nvsp.in/Forms/Forms/form6

International Transfer : https://nvsp.in/Forms/Forms/form6A

General FAQ : http://ecisveep.nic.in/

National Voter Service Portal Homepage : https://nvsp.in/index.html

Last edited by sharktale : 16th March 2019 at 14:04.
Old 1st April 2019, 09:57   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
Reviving this thread :

For the 2019 General Election , any individual can look into the details of his/her constituency and other relevant details (like Serial Number, etc.) from the following ECI Website :
Hello Sharktale,

I tried to transfer my and my wife's EPIC from our domicile states to present residency state (Karnataka) using Form6.
Now, for me, I have the reference number (application no.) which was sent by SMS to me. When I check the status on the NVSP website, I see the process completed and an EPIC number has been generated for me. What's the next step? How do I get my EPIC? Also, probably as I was late in requesting the EPIC, my name doesn't appear in the Voter list of my apartment (I can see many known names there including my neighbor). Can I still go to that poll booth and cast my vote?

For my wife, she deleted the SMS she got from NVSP website when her application was submitted. Therefore, we have no way to track her application or know her EPIC number. What can be done? I tried calling 1950 multiple times. Sometimes the call doesn't go through and other times, it keeps me on hold for a while and then disconnects. Tried searching application status using mobile number+constituency combination on NVSP as well, but no results found.

Last edited by drive2eternity : 1st April 2019 at 09:58.
Old 1st April 2019, 13:23   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Hello Sharktale,

I tried to transfer my and my wife's EPIC from our domicile states to present residency state (Karnataka) using Form6.number+constituency combination on NVSP as well, but no results found.

I ain't any authority, so please don't quote me regarding the process, but I guess one can either :

1. Obtain details of the BLO/CEO of your area from the " nvsp.in " site, itself.

( BLO List for Karnataka : BLO List )

or

2. May file a grievance at https://eci-citizenservices.eci.nic.in

Understanding you're presently residing at BLR, here's the website of CEO Karnataka : http://www.ceokarnataka.kar.nic.in

Hope this helps.

Last edited by sharktale : 1st April 2019 at 13:27.
Old 20th February 2023, 14:29   #8
BHPian

Bumping up old thread, if someone needs information today (2022-23)

I have successfully transferred my voter ID from Uttar Pradesh to Karnataka one. Total time taken: 4-5 months.

I had filled the application online and had uploaded the docs (Id proof: Aadhar, Address proof: Copy of speed post)
After filling application, got a call from local BBMP office to come there with copy of all the proofs.
Even though nsvp website mentions copy of speed post as valid address proof, local BLO declined to accept it and I had to submit rental agreement copy.

The application got approved in couple of weeks and I could see my name in voter list.

Initially the e-epic card was not available online and it was showing my phone was not linked, but after couple of months, it was available for download. (still haven't received the physical card)
ritesh_44 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2023, 16:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritesh_44 View Post
I have successfully transferred my voter ID from Uttar Pradesh to Karnataka one. Total time taken: 4-5 months.
I am glad you took the matter seriously and got it done. Be sure to cast your vote in the upcoming elections .

4-5 months is nothing actually.

I am myself part of the system and yet it took me a painstaking ten years (yes 10 years) to get my better half's name transferred from her parents' place to our current place of residence.

The previous offline process was a joke; it was a mockery of democracy, with our voting rights being dependent on the beck and call of the lowliest babus in the revenue department. Now that it has been brought online, there is some accountability. However, the tracking and completion process is still half baked. It works when it does and stalls often.

We too haven't got the physical EPIC yet. Let's see when it gets delivered.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2023, 00:44   #10
BHPian

Dear members, reviving this thread to seek info on transferring Election ID card from one state (Delhi) to new state ( Uttrakhand). I am trying to create a new user profile on this website, https://voters.eci.gov.in but it seems the option is not enabled. Currently, I am based outside of India and am wondering, if there is a process to get started before I visit in next couple months and complete the process. Looking for any leads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks