Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2008, 09:42   #1
BANNED

Delhi - Gujjar andolan !!

Guys , anyone out there travelling to Noida or from Noida experience any kind of road blackages or not ??? Im asking as I need to go to Noida but wondering if the DND is affected or not ....

Also any clue of teh situation on the Gurgaon front ??

These guys are being a pain and wish the army would be given a free hand to tackle them .
Old 29th May 2008, 09:47   #2
Senior - BHPian

The expressway is open. A friend is riding out to Jaipur, will keep you updated on that.

Delhi has ZERO traffic at the moment. Its owing to tension and people staying home and not going to Gurgaon fearing a repeat of last year.
Old 29th May 2008, 09:50   #3
BHPian

Situation in Gurgaon looks grim. Some channels are reporting that protesters are attempting to burn buses on the Meharuli-Gurgaon road. Guys, take care. It does not look good.
Old 29th May 2008, 09:53   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
The expressway is open. A friend is riding out to Jaipur, will keep you updated on that.

Delhi has ZERO traffic at the moment. Its owing to tension and people staying home and not going to Gurgaon fearing a repeat of last year.
Well, driving to Jaipur and that too today definitely doesn't sound like a good idea ... but yeah . keep us updated !! Any clue about whats happening on the Noida front ??

Cheers
Old 29th May 2008, 09:56   #5
BHPian

Noida- delhi is fine...in fact no traffic at all ... cant say about greater noida though...
Old 29th May 2008, 10:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
Guys , anyone out there travelling to Noida or from Noida experience any kind of road blackages or not ??? Im asking as I need to go to Noida but wondering if the DND is affected or not ....

Also any clue of teh situation on the Gurgaon front ??
The DND was blocked according to CNN-IBN.

As far as Gurgaon is concerned, I went to drop my wife to Global Business Park at around 8.45 am, all was fine. Thereafter, people were apparently asked to get off their cars between Ayanagar & Nathupur & walk (based on a couple of people who reached Office half an hour after her).

There were cops on one side & Gurjars on the other & the cops were doing nothing apart from watching. From what I see on the news channels, apparently the cops will do nothing as long as the protests are "peaceful".

"Peaceful" - . They force people to get off their cars & walk & that's peaceful. Anyway, steer clear of MG Road till evening, I believe there was also a self-immolation bid at Nathupur which the police managed to defuse.

I just can't figure out why they can't fight their own battles. Why screw up the nation's peace in the process?
Old 29th May 2008, 10:10   #7
BHPian

Latest Update is DND flyover, MG Road, Gurgaon Faridabad Road, Badarpur road is blocked. Also reported is Lathicharge in gurgaon but don't know where it happened.
Old 29th May 2008, 10:18   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
Latest Update is DND flyover, MG Road, Gurgaon Faridabad Road, Badarpur road is blocked. Also reported is Lathicharge in gurgaon but don't know where it happened.
Guys , Anyone in Noida who can help me .... Its very urgent !! Someone who can arrange some cash before 12 --- will send it across once the blockages are withdrawn !!

Its REALLY URGENT !!!
Old 29th May 2008, 10:19   #9
BHPian

I can confirm that as per news channels, the DND flyover is now out of bounds due to it being closed.
Old 29th May 2008, 10:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
Also reported is Lathicharge in gurgaon but don't know where it happened.
Probably at Nathupur from what I've been hearing. Not sure though
Old 29th May 2008, 10:40   #11
BHPian

No offence to anyone but i have never reached my current workplace faster! From IP extn to Okhla it was a breeezeee! No traffic!!

Three cheer to gujjars!

Elito

P.S. - I can confirm that DND, Gazipur chowk, Noida-Mayur vihar etc roads are out of bounds!

Last edited by Elito11 : 29th May 2008 at 10:41.
Old 29th May 2008, 13:38   #12
Team-BHP Support

DND, G.Noida Expressway and Mayur Vihar opened around 1pm.
Old 29th May 2008, 16:17   #13
BHPian

I left my home in Ghaziabad at 8:00 AM today, reached Sarai Kale Khan by 8:20 and was stuck there for 1 hour, not moved even one inch. but it was due to some stupid truck brakingdown on the bridge on the ring road. Once I crossed that bridge at 9:20 it took me only 15 minutes to reach my office in Okhla Ph-I.

BTW, does anybody know how is the situation on Bhopal-Jhansi-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi railway line. My wife will be travelling alone tomorrow on this route by Bhopal Shatabdi and I am worried.

\N
Old 29th May 2008, 18:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

Despite the stone thowing & subsequent tear-gas shelling at Ayanagar, it seems the police were able to get things under control by afternoon.

Picked up my wife half an hour back & everything was peaceful in & around Nathupur etc. And the rain kind of cleaned it up so to speak.
Old 29th May 2008, 23:29   #15
Senior - BHPian

And my friend reached Ranthambore without incident. Apparently this time, its more media bytes so far. Rest let's see how things develop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks