Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2008, 23:37   #1
Max
BHPian

horrible traffic at bandra, linking road, s.v.road and around in mumbai

Well,

yesterday, i went to my client office at andheri lokandwala from kalyan. I left kalyan at around 12.pm. and reached at flower near shopper stop at andheri east in just 70 minutes (about 40 km drive), i couldn't believe how i reached so earlier. I called my client and told him i should be their in about 20 minutes. But, man, i was wrong, I got stuck on that road and it took me about 45 minutes just to cross that 0.5 km road. (from andheri flyover to juhu club), after that it took me another 25 minutes to reach lokhandwala. w.t.f. it was horrible but it was not the end of my journey. Letter I left my clients office around 5:00pm and decided to go through linking road. Damn, this was kind of big mistake, it took my 1 hour to reach linking road from lokhandwala complex (about 8 km?) and from bandra to sion circle it took me another 40 minutes. From sion to ghatkoper it too me another 30 minutes and from ghatkoper it was smooth ride.

Overall it toom me about 3 hours 20 minutes to finally arive at kalyan (60kms). Driving in mumbai, is becoming horrible horrible experience. Next time i am thinking about using train but damn, its hot and Its going to take me same time anyway. what about my laptop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you suggest civic administration do to improve traffic speed ?

IMO, they should start fining stupid auto riksha, taxy and other drivers who brake lane law. Everybody driving here just want to reach earlier then all others, there is no dis plane on road. Its crazy jungle out there. Driving, is becoming like struggling about not hitting other people while they are breaking lane laws and hitting other cars specially those small car drivers (maruti 800 kind who drive at 50km in 1st lane and think their car is da fastest)and those stupid call center drivers (innova + scarpio + tavera) who are on the street just to win race!!!!

I just felt W.T.F.
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:21   #2
BHPian

If you are travelling to Bandra, you may as well want to take an AC bus from Thane. They have an AC bus service till Mantralay and i guess it costs about 55 Rs. for the entire stretch. Of course, you don't need to there but go only till Sion.
Old 2nd June 2008, 15:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

Traffic in Bombay sux.
Whichever road you take, at whatever time - it is bound to be jammed to some extent.

Especially with so much construction activities going round the year and still continuining for ages.
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:29   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I find the traffic in the 'burbs a lot slower / disorganised / chaotic than in South Bombay. For instance, churchgate as well as Juhu are near the same distance from my house. But it always takes me 15 - 20 minutes more to travel to Juhu than to Churchgate.

It could be the rickshaws, increased amount of junctions, slimmer roads or even more congestion....but town has always been easier to drive to.
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

This has become an everyday story so no one even bother's about the traffic jam its all going "Ram Bharose"

Andheri(E)-Juhu takes me approx 35minutes at 10am
Juhu - Andheri(E) takes me approx 50minutes 7.30 -8.00pm on my bike.

Last edited by ramie2400 : 2nd June 2008 at 16:54.
Old 2nd June 2008, 17:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I find the traffic in the 'burbs a lot slower / disorganised / chaotic than in South Bombay.

It could be the rickshaws, increased amount of junctions, slimmer roads or even more congestion....but town has always been easier to drive to.
you answered your own question buddy. All the people in South Mumbai - are at a distinct advantage with the lack of autos.

Of course having all the politicians stay in South Mumbai helps too - all they want is free roads and the cops ensure free roads too - I guess that's the reason the autos get stuck at Sion. How I wish the autos are allowed upto Colaba !

Then it will be fun.

Again I hope this doesn't turn out to be a town v/s suburbs thread - will be like the IPL then - hehe.
Old 3rd June 2008, 00:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

Boy! am i glad to be in delhi or what.... two occassions in mumbai with a friend driving, total driving time in one day 6 hours, distance travelled, 85kms... man id go to jaipur and come back in that much time!

Most Viewed