Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2005, 10:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda City for Sale

Hi All,

I have come across a HONDA. The details are below.

HONDA CITY 1.5 EXI
2002 MODEL
2nd Owner in the RC ( The purchaser would be the third owner)
Life Time Tax
C.Insurance
18000 kms mileage done with service records
Dark Blue
Accessories: Alloy Wheels, Tubeless tyres, 12 CD Changer with Woofers,Leather Seats
Pirce quoted: 4.5 Lakhs ( slightly negotiable)

The seller is interested in going for New Shape Honda.

What is meant by tubeless tyres?.
What will happen after the life of the current tyre?
What is the advantages & disadvantages of ALLOY WHEELS?
What would be the correct pricing for the above specification?
Old 22nd February 2005, 11:46   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

4.5 is a good price.. a very good price for the car
go for it
tubeless tyres are tyres without tubes and are worth it always as the chances of them bursting at high speeds is very little. they also provide better ride comfort and when there is a puncture, air is released slowly so the car can be stopped and there is no loss in control

i didnt understand your second question

alloy wheels have no disadvantages at all.
they are lighter - better FE
and they enhance looks of the car too
if at all the only disadvantage would be that if it gets cracked you will have to shell out for a new alloy
the price is just right but if you want ask for 4.25l..
and just go for it before someone else does and make sure the engine no. begines with B15 and not B13 (1.3 lt engine)
Old 22nd February 2005, 11:55   #3
BHPian

[quote=SURPRISE]Hi All,

I have come across a HONDA. The details are below.

HONDA CITY 1.5 EXI
2002 MODEL
2nd Owner in the RC ( The purchaser would be the third owner)
Life Time Tax
C.Insurance
18000 kms mileage done with service records
Dark Blue
Accessories: Alloy Wheels, Tubeless tyres, 12 CD Changer with Woofers,Leather Seats
Pirce quoted: 4.5 Lakhs ( slightly negotiable)

QUOTE]

i doubt the mileage dude?

why sellin 3 time in less than 3 years? hmm
Old 22nd February 2005, 11:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

I will explain the second question

IS there two different set of tyres (tyre with tube and tyre without type)? If so what would be cost difference between two

What would be the cost of alloy wheel
Old 22nd February 2005, 12:00   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

well now most manufacturers have begun making tubeless tyres now...
there is a price difference but should not be more then 500 bucks.. i suggest you stick to tubeless only..
Old 22nd February 2005, 12:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

[QUOTE
i doubt the mileage dude?

why sellin 3 time in less than 3 years? hmm[/quote]

Thanks for raising this & I understand your point. I need to go through the complete service record by Honda authorized dealer before I jump into a conclusion.

There are chances even people may get this tampered. If anything is suspcious on the deal, iam sure, i will walk out.

Moderators: Any idea of coming up with "spell check" option
Old 22nd February 2005, 12:34   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

hey vulken, a new city cost 6.88 so it has lead to the prices falling down of old citys...
no one wold pay 5.5l for a 3 year old car when a new one costs 6.88 ...
besides the ikons prices have fallen down too.. a well maintained 4 year old example will sell for 2.5 L compared to the price wen it was new, you end up losing close to 5 laks
Old 22nd February 2005, 12:58   #8
BHPian

4.5 is a very good price , considering tubeless and leather seats. 18000Km is too low - for any issue with engine. Please check with Honda service centre - I dont think honda centre would tamper with the service records- they are a premium company to tamper records. Note that not any mechanic can repair these cars .
From the accounts perspective - the Year of the car makes a difference - from a drivers point of view - the Km that it has run counts. I would simply pickit up - 1.5EXI is a superior car to Drive.
Old 22nd February 2005, 13:10   #9
BHPian

Totally agree with puthari and lambo

Just curious and hinting a possibility?

Though I dont doubt this deal if it is in a honda showroom
Old 22nd February 2005, 13:23   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulken Auto
Totally agree with puthari and lambo

Just curious and hinting a possibility?

Though I dont doubt this deal if it is in a honda showroom
My friend had a 1.5 EXI - 2000 - sold it last year - Had driven for 30,000 . It got sold for 4.25 . Normal tyres , normal Seat/covers. Nothing extra . even if the buy is from a non Honda Centre - it si fine - Please ask for the car to betaken to the serice centre - dig out its records . you should have the complete history of the Car. Frankly , the number of car owners would not make any difference - as long as it has a good history. Check with the current Insurance - you will know if there has been any claim on the car .
Old 22nd February 2005, 14:27   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puthari
Check with the current Insurance - you will know if there has been any claim on the car .
Excellent Point. Always I look for the NCB in the Insurance (No Claim Bonus). If the claim is there, I would do a complete check for original beeding.

Also who ever goes for a second hand car, Look for the beeding at the doors (four doors), back and front. If the original beeding is not there, there is some repair work on the portions where the original beeding is missing.

Also I would like to make another point here.

Used car Dealers will get a honda from the end user. They will give the vehicle to Authorized Honda service centre. The service centre would less bother, whether the mileage is tampered or not. They will do a service and as per their procedure they will make the note of the mileage.

The dealer will ask the buyer to check the service records with the HONDA Authorized service centre. When you call them, they say, the last service was done on this date & the mileage was xxxxx.

Most people will not check the complete service record, which is also not possible.

This has happened to me. Since I know the service manager very well, he went through the complete history & told me it is a tampered meter. Also they know how to do this in a better way even though the buyer is consious on looking the manufacture date of the tyres
Old 22nd February 2005, 14:50   #12
Team-BHP Support

This has happened to me. Since I know the service manager very well, he went through the complete history & told me it is a tampered meter. Also they know how to do this in a better way even though the buyer is consious on looking the manufacture date of the tyres[/quote]

Correct - tyres are the best indicators unless upgraded - insurance may not alway be right indicator - I could transfer my NCB from my old car to my recently wrecked can and claim that know accidents have happened - check back all the insurance policy records,not the most recent one
Old 23rd February 2005, 12:05   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

so the car was tampered with..
otherwise it would have been a good deal..
intresting points guys..
howcome there is no thread on what all to check when buying a used car in this section..
it would be a great help to people
Old 23rd February 2005, 13:02   #14
BHPian

Also I would like to make another point here.

Used car Dealers will get a honda from the end user. They will give the vehicle to Authorized Honda service centre. The service centre would less bother, whether the mileage is tampered or not. They will do a service and as per their procedure they will make the note of the mileage.

The dealer will ask the buyer to check the service records with the HONDA Authorized service centre. When you call them, they say, the last service was done on this date & the mileage was xxxxx.

Most people will not check the complete service record, which is also not possible.

This has happened to me. Since I know the service manager very well, he went through the complete history & told me it is a tampered meter. Also they know how to do this in a better way even though the buyer is consious on looking the manufacture date of the tyres[/quote]

1. You are not just going to call the Dealer ?. Will you not look into the Cars Service Book ?. The service book is an indicator on every possible service completed . You will get to know the mileage.

you mention that you knew the service manager and that authorised service centre said that it was a Tampered meter - Was it Honda ?. Then the question - how did the Manager allow that to happen . If it was done by an outsider , why isnt an entry made into the S book . Either ways - You should inform the higher management of this incident . This will ensure that we ( end users ) dont get cheated .
As a Rule - I Recomend the dealers to Visit Team-BHP.com and mouthshut.com - That way the higher ups are aware that there are user groups which is constantly monitored and their company image is important to cater to. Atleast - the hyundai , Maruthi (I own a Baleno) are aware of team-bhp and the other site. I usually send each of them a reference to the forum - so that they are aware of what is being written about them.
Old 23rd February 2005, 13:49   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puthari

1. You are not just going to call the Dealer ?. Will you not look into the Cars Service Book ?. The service book is an indicator on every possible service completed . You will get to know the mileage.

you mention that you knew the service manager and that authorised service centre said that it was a Tampered meter - Was it Honda ?. Then the question - how did the Manager allow that to happen . If it was done by an outsider , why isnt an entry made into the S book . Either ways - You should inform the higher management of this incident . This will ensure that we ( end users ) dont get cheated .
There is no problem if the user make sure that they get the service details entered into the book. But how many of them follow this. To quote an example, we have two HONDA city in our company, which is regularly serviced as per the recommendations. But it was not entered into the service book as we do not maintain one. When this vehicle is for sale & if the end user insist on service record, we will ask them to check with the HONDA AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTRE.

In general, these authorized service centre's are not interested in providing the caller with all the details which he/she is asking for. We cannot also expect as there is no gain for them in doing so. Hence the caller will try to get the information as soon as possible before the person in the other end hangs the phone down.

One possibility is we can ask the seller to provide one. Even the one who has done regular service, will opt to sell the vehicle to one who is willing to take the vehicle on the said price without digging into any details. How many of the buyer insists on service record? (not many)

Authorized Honda service centre is not tampering the metre. Tampering is done by used car dealer. Authorized Honda service centre attends the vehicle that has come for service with tampered meter. When enquired, they say the mileage of the car during the last service. They are not liable, if the information is not correct ( if the meter is tampered)

I had seen a BHP'ian put up the complete check list for purchasing the used cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks