Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2008, 21:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

Luggage booking in trains (Bangalore)

Need help! Parents are traveling to Delhi with a rather lot of luggage on the Rajdhani tomorrow - I did manage to get some idea that we need to weigh the excess and pay and get a receipt at the luggage booking office - but its not that clear

* How does one book stuff into the luggage van ? Safe ?
* Where's the luggage office on the Blore station ? The Rajdhani leaves from PF 8 methinks.
* Any other advice ?
Old 7th June 2008, 22:02   #2
BHPian

I have had several experiences of the luggage van, also known as the break van, on the Rajdhani during my PG days. I used to travel from Delhi to Guwahati.

1. At the end of the platform, you will have to locate the luggage booking clerk. The porters will lead you to him. He will weigh and book your luggage. Its very safe as long as all your cartons are marked and packed well. You will need to reach the station atleast 90 minutes before the train departs.
2. Since its PF-8, you need to get to PF-8 and locate the booking clerk there. After the clerk weighs and issues a receipt, it will be you and your porters responsibility to get the luggage loaded onto the brake van. They have shelves in the carriage. The porters will place your luggage onto the shelves. Just keep a watch on them and urge them to place them at the highest possible level.
3. When I used to get my luggage booked, a 20 ruppees note used to do the trick. I used to put it in the shirt pocket of the booking clerk and I was guranteed a VIP treatment. He would take care of the rest and I just had to follow him.
Old 7th June 2008, 22:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

That was quick in true TBhp style! Thanks a lot - very useful info.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks