Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2008, 10:41   #1
BHPian

The Wildlife and Nature Images/Articles Thread

Hello friends,

Lets dedicate this thread to Wildlife and nature , articles of conservation,links to various wildlife website/blogs ,Images of the exotic mammals,birds,Flora, Reptiles & Amphibians we have in India, and the small bit that we do from our side to conserve our ever depleting Forests and mainly respect the wildlife we have in India.

I am posting some links of people who have taken wildlife as a passion and photography as a hobby and they have dedicated their valuble time for conservation and educating others about the same. Please go through these sites as it opens a door to the beautiful forests we have in India and variety of species.

1) Ganesh Shankar's nature Lyrics

Link: Artistic Nature Photography | Creative Nature Photography | Fine Art Nature Photography | Nature Lyrics | Copyrights - Ganesh H Shankar
Blog Link: Nature Lyrics

The first and most excellent site is Ganesh Shankar's NatureLyrics, which to my mind, showcases the work of one of the finest wildlife photographers. Ganesh's eye for a picture and his composition is truly world-beating. I just wish there was an easier way to find individual photographs. I was searching for my favourite, 'Snake Eye,' but could not find it yesterday. I have been following wildlife photography internationally for about 11 years, and this image of the eye of a snake in still water, ranks as one the finest, if not the finest wildlife image I have seen. Ganesh also has a blog.

2) Indian Nature Watch

Link: India Nature Watch

India Nature Watch is a forum to post images of Indian wildlife. When posting on NPN and NSN, I used to feel the need for just such a forum, and was thrilled to find that a group of Bangalore photographers (Sudhir Shivaram, Kalyan Varma, SK Yathin, and Vijay Cavale) had taken the initiative to create such a forum. Had it not been for this forum, many superb wildlife photographs would have never been exhibited. Some of the pictures on this site are great ... and some are not. If I had one criticism to level against the members of this forum, it is that poor images are also given the thumbs up, and this neither helps the poster nor photography in general.

3) The Jungle Look: Sudhir Shivram

Link: Home

The Jungle Look is Sudhir Shivaram's site. Once again I had to crawl through the site to find his awesome images of two tigers watching a gaur at Bhadra. For those who may not have seen this sequence, it is on page 9 of the Mammals gallery. And there are other great images of leopard in Kabini. Make sure you don't miss the Trip Reports page.

4) Kalyan Varma's Site

Link:Kalyan Varma's Website
Blog: Kalyan Varma : Blog

Kalyan Varma has an interesting blog which has a lot of useful information on his many, and productive, trips. His website is accessible here, and is nicely organised. I was particularly thrilled with the pictures of cats in the BR Hills.

5) Vijay Cavale's Site

Link: Indian Birds, Birders and Birding: A beautiful collection of Birds of India

Vijay Cavale's site, IndiaBirds is the best resource on Indian birds, notable for its excellent photography, but above all for the many excellent recordings of bird calls. I have some usability issues with the site, but again, like all the sites mentioned here, it is a non-commercial site.

6) Wildlife Times : Jayanth Sharma

Link: Wildlife Times - glimpses of our natural world

Wildlife Times is Jayanth Sharma's well-organised site with excellent search features. It also has a forum and useful trip reports. It's a site worth visiting and has some excellent images. I also like the way non-Indian wildlife has been assigned to a separate gallery.

7) Wild and Savage : Dr. Ajit Huilgol

Link: Wild and Savage

8) Clement Francis website

Link: Clement Francis Bird Photography

Clement Francis needs no introduction. His superb bird photographs are well-know. See his site here, and make sure you don't miss the Bulletins which you can also subscribe to. The gallery is well organised, but a browsable option would have been nice

9) Hira Punjabi's website

Link: Wildlife photographer in India - Hira Punjabi

Just in case I am accused of habouring a South Indian bias, let me mention Hira Punjabi's site, which can be accessed here. This is also a well-organised site, but could have been presented better, with larger images.

10) Harsha's Website

Link: Live from the Indian Jungles

Harsha's photoblog which can be seen here. There seems to be no posts after September 2007, but do visit the site for the never-seen-before sequence of leopards courting. There are seven clear and large pictures to enjoy.

11) Wild Ventures

Link:Wildventures

WildVentures is another site worth looking at, and after much reading I found that it belongs to Ramki. An About Me section would be useful.

12) Wild life of Vivek

Link: http://www.wildlifeofvivek.com/

Vivek R Sinha's site may be seen here.

Source: Indianwildlife blog

Photograph taken in BR Hills of the Indian Gaur
The Wildlife and Nature Images/Articles Thread-gaur.jpg

Post on friends, on various nature/wildlife photographs taken.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks