Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 11:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Ricers were tagged so because they were Asian shoeboxes with lots of show and no go. AKA riceburner. However, serious performance oriented cars are never called so. Calling any car a ricer doesn't make sense in India though. Every car in South India is a ricer.
Old 28th April 2009, 11:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Ricers were tagged so because they were Asian shoeboxes with lots of show and no go. AKA riceburner. However, serious performance oriented cars are never called so. Calling any car a ricer doesn't make sense in India though. Every car in South India is a ricer.
minus some at Bangy/Kovai etc
Old 28th April 2009, 12:16   #18
BHPian

Yes the original use of the word ricer was to asian dude with their hondas, having all show and not go, but now it has evolved to a word used by everyone universally for boys who just want their cars for show and dont care about go.
We are not coping, it is just a universal slang for those kind of people.
Old 28th April 2009, 14:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Yes the original use of the word ricer was to asian dude with their hondas, having all show and not go,
This aptly describes the college going chaps who have laid their hands on their parents' car. You can these creatures in West Delhi, especially outer ring road near Tilak Nagar, Vikaspuri, Rajouri Garden. They seem to worship Jason Statham (hero in Transporter) and the characters of Fast and Furious or Dhoom (they, in all probabilities, do not understand English at all). And, not to forget, they will wear their dark glasses even at midnight.

They have stupid looking accessories on their car, play very loud music (always Bhangra or Punjabi Pop(??)) and have no regard for anyone or anything, causing harm and danger to people and all creatures living or otherwise around them.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th April 2009 at 07:56.
Old 29th April 2009, 06:53   #20
BHPian

Using the word "South", are there different people in the "North". How can you make a comment like that.
Old 29th April 2009, 08:38   #21
Senior - BHPian

Because South Indians have rice in the staple diet more than North Indians? Please don't start a storm in a teacup. Jeez, everyone has to take everything anyone writes as a regional comment. Lighten up please.
Old 29th April 2009, 08:46   #22
BHPian

Cool Immortalz. Now that you explained its actually a clever joke. But don't you think the driver would be a ricer not the car.
Old 29th April 2009, 08:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
If you are living in India - Ricer isnt the appropriate word to use.
I agree with Aerohit here! But we already have an Indian equivalent of "ricer" and we use it so often. Starts with a C and ends with an A, is often used in Bollywood mafia movies, and is banned on TBHP (the word, that is. I hope i dont get banned as well for referring to it!)
Old 29th April 2009, 10:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Whats so ricer about having upsized wheels ??
Some of the questions don't make sense to me but i guess they were just for fun.
Oh and even i love eating rice so yes am a Ricer too.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 29th April 2009 at 10:15.
Old 30th April 2009, 14:24   #25
BHPian

Here's a link I had come across a while back while searching for something else (not ricer mods, thank you) altogether... Some bits are hilarious and extremely well put down... Made me wonder if the writer is/was a ricer himself.

You Might Be A Ricer If

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks