Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2008, 10:08   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

While driving: Do you listen to full songs or just parts of it?

Friends,

With CD's, MP3's, iPods etc, one would have a huge collection of songs to listen and choose from while driving . What I have realized that I, when listening to songs from CD's etc in my car, at most times end up listening to parts of the song or skipping a song all together or changing a CD to find the perfect one for the 'mood' I am in. Rarely would I listed to a CD end-to-end.

With FM also, I find myself changing stations frequently to check if there is some 'nice' song playing to my liking.

Am wondering what are the listening habits of fellow bhpians? Do you listen to full songs/CD's or keep on changing tracks?
Old 9th July 2008, 10:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, I too have same habit. Sometimes I even end up just shuffling the songs and by the time I get one songs I like, I would reached my destination

FM, for sure I keep jumping from station to station. Mostly during the ads in between.
Old 9th July 2008, 10:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

i listen to complete song which are my favorite but mostly few line and change the song
Old 9th July 2008, 12:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

I have seperate driving cds that never leave my car. All the songs are my favourites so dont feel the need to shuffle.

Shan2nu
Old 9th July 2008, 12:26   #5
BHPian

I select the songs that i like and burn them on a re-writable CD. With this, i minimise the need to keep pressing for the next song.
Old 9th July 2008, 12:29   #6
Senior - BHPian

I start skipping the songs after the first line right from the start of the engine till I reach the destination. All the CDs in my file are selected favourites ranging from English, Hindi, Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil, Arabic, Latin, Spanish and a great collection of Chinese too, with a good number of devotional in English and Malayalam. FM has around 10 tuned channels, but I am too lazy to even check them.

I can find only 3 chances where I would listen to a complete song: 1) I am too tired to take my hands off the steering wheel, 2) Co-passenger (usually wife) is enjoying the song, lip-singing or relaxing with it, 3) Wife is driving; I am too scared to take my eyes off the road, though she drives in the Middle East as well as in India without issues !

Last edited by shajufx : 9th July 2008 at 12:31.
Old 9th July 2008, 12:40   #7
Team-BHP Support

I usually listen to the full song.
but when I get bored I switch of the ICE and listen to the engine rev harder.
Old 9th July 2008, 16:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

I always listen to the full song as I have cd's with only my favorite tracks on them.
Old 9th July 2008, 16:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

I listen to full songs but even if the cd has all my favourite sogs I tend to skip to the one which suits my mood. Then there are times when I get stuck to a particular song and it is set on repeat for days Whisky in a Jar by Metallica is the song where the needle is stuck these days.
Old 9th July 2008, 17:19   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

I generally have my favorite songs burnt on a CD. There are times I skip songs.
However, most of the times, I get so engrossed in enjoying the drive that I forget about the song being played.
Old 9th July 2008, 17:59   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

interesting thread. i listen to some 3-4 songs again and again and again and again. some songs immediately lose their appeal and they are skipped and soon deleted. now that i think of it, i have been listening to these 3-4 songs for the past one year!! i listen to others (including radio) in between but most of the time it is the repeat-mode of few favorite songs.
Old 9th July 2008, 18:30   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I choose a playlist, typically loaded with about 200 songs, and don't change until the next drive. After all, there is a playlist for every mood (morning boost, evening relaxation, workout, romance, headbanging, sixties etc. etc.).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks