Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2008, 20:17   #1
BHPian

Newbies not able to post?Help!!

Hi,

One of my friends vijayallenraj, is a newbie who has just registered on team-bhp. Even though newbie posts are moderated, he isnt able to post anywhere. Is there a place where newbies should first post which will then appear in the forums, or do they use the normal forum tool to post a new thread?. Am just posting this on his behalf, can someone help?. The FAQ sections etc dont help much. Also, he is able to login, just not able to post. The support thingy doesnt work either.
Old 9th July 2008, 20:22   #2
BHPian

After logging in, does it show "Welcome xxxxxxx" on the top right corner of the page? Its possible that his browser is acting up and he is not logged in while attempting to post. Mods will be in a better position to help.

@Mods: Should this thread be moved elsewhere?
Old 9th July 2008, 20:22   #3
BHPian

The newbie's posts might not be approved yet.
Old 9th July 2008, 20:23   #4
BHPian

Well Sir I am a Newbie and am facing no such issues with posting on any forum. Its Just that you have to be patient as your posts will only appear once they are approved by a Mod.

Cheers
Old 9th July 2008, 20:23   #5
BANNED

His posts must be getting through, but going for moderation first. Would appear sometime later after moderation.
Newbies use the normal forum tool only.
Old 9th July 2008, 20:24   #6
Senior - BHPian

has he activated/confirmed his membership? IIRC you have to click/paste a link you recieve via email. till then you cant post
Old 9th July 2008, 20:25   #7
BHPian

He is able to login, and it does show vijayallenraj at the top right corner. We even tried clearing the browser cache, as well as trying another browser, let alone another comp!!. But the page does the user doesnt have proper priviliges comes up. Its surprising why he is able to login then!!

another problem is that once logged in, and if he clicks on new topic, it immediately shows that access denied page...

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th July 2008 at 09:22. Reason: Posts merged.
gt_bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2008, 20:38   #8
BHPian

Though the mods will be in the best position to provide your friend with a solution, I would confirm whether your friend has activated his account by clicking on the link which must have come in an email after he/she registered. This is the only logical reason for the access denied page also.
Old 9th July 2008, 20:44   #9
BHPian

he has already registered, confirmed his registration by following the link that came in his email. now he is able to login, and his name displays after welcome...but when he clicks new topic, to post something, or says new reply to reply to some post, he gets the access denied page that says he doesnt have proper privilges!!
Old 9th July 2008, 20:45   #10
BHPian

Please ask you friend to post some screenshots of the main page and also of the Access Denied screen.
Old 9th July 2008, 20:48   #11
BANNED

Don't worry. A moderator needs to approve his membership. I came to know about this when my wife became a member here. She complained about this problem of not able to post. (I thanked my stars when I later asked her what she was trying to post).
When did your friend register here?
Old 9th July 2008, 20:50   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Please ask you friend to post some screenshots of the main page and also of the Access Denied screen.
He can do this???
Old 9th July 2008, 21:42   #13
BHPian

account isn't activated yet. email address is approved. he has to wait for a while because its done manually by a mod. i had to wait for a day. he will receive another mail soon saying his account is active ad can start posting etc.
Old 9th July 2008, 23:26   #14
BHPian

Comrade is right here.
First you will get a mail with subject "Action Required to Activate Membership for Team-BHP". Then finally you will get a mail "Team-BHP Membership APPROVED!"
Each of these are independednt process and activation will not give you the right to post unless a mod aproves it and grant you permission to post. I am sure your friend has not recieved the 2nd post.
Old 9th July 2008, 23:34   #15
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support - Please use the contact us link for such matters. The matter will be sorted out asap.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks