Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2024, 18:48   #931
BHPian

Re: Which bank to open an account in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Anyone here holding on to their old Citibank account? Have you received a new cheque book from Axis Bank?

Key thing to note is that while the account number itself will remain the same, IFSC will change.
Holding on for now. Waiting to see how Axis treats me, else I'll close the account.
ValarMorghulis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 21:00   #932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone here holding on to their old Citibank account? Have you received a new cheque book from Axis Bank?
Still have the account, but it has fallen into disuse. I have not received any new cheque book either (but I still have unused cheque leaves from the book they issued soon after the CTS switch).
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 13:24   #933
BHPian

Quote:

Key thing to note is that while the account number itself will remain the same, IFSC will change.
I've received an sms saying I'll receive new chequebook, haven't received it yet. They're plastering "priority" every where - priority this and priority that. Need to see what they offer. I don't use it much though - only salary gets credited, and investments/expenses transfer out. I haven't used its ATM card or cheques in years.
the_joker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2024, 19:40   #934
Senior - BHPian

Hi All, I am planning to account a secondary account primarily for upi and other transactions. I currently hold a Citibank/Axis bank account which is my salary account and has a couple of emi's linked to it. Apart from this I also hold a joint account in Canara Bank for savings.

My ask from the new account are :
1. Delink my primary account from all upi apps.
2. Use the new account for all upi transactions.
3. Should be a zero balance account as I do not want to have some charges on non-maintenance of NRV or min balance.

I called up Axis Bank customer care but their support person was very non-enthusiastic in sharing details and also said there would be some charges for non-maintenance of balance.

I am looking to create an account in HDFC (primarily due to a loan from the same bank) but if there are any better banks for my use case please suggest.
Old 9th April 2024, 19:43   #935
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Hi All, I am planning to account a secondary account primarily for upi and other transactions.

My ask from the new account are :
1. Delink my primary account from all upi apps.
I had a similar thought process once UPI got too commonplace. Consider an account with Kotak811 / Airtel Payments Bank. Something with which you can insulate your main accounts.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 13:11   #936
BHPian

Hi. What's the most new start-up friendly bank today? What makes them so? Any specific pointers/things to look for? Thanks.
Old 20th April 2024, 15:41   #937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Got the new cheque book today - a full month after you. And you are right. A/c no is the same, IFSC has changed. Citigold is converted to Axis Burgundy.

Axis netbanking does not show this account just yet. I still have to login to the original Citi one.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 07:18   #938
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I had a similar thought process once UPI got too commonplace. Consider an account with Kotak811 / Airtel Payments Bank. Something with which you can insulate your main accounts.
Thanks for this post @libran
I was looking for a digital, no frills, zero balance account and this seems perfect. Took me a few minutes online to open the account. The video KYC didn’t work (it typically works during the day I think), so I had to schedule for their representative to verify KYC at home, even that was done the very next day

The Kotak 811 bank account or similar, and a Rupay credit card is all one needs to be on the UPI bandwagon without risking/exposing any other salary/savings accounts or the primary credit card(s).

Last edited by NPV : 23rd April 2024 at 07:20.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 08:32   #939
BHPian

I have gone to two SIMs (both pre-paid), two bank accounts system. One of the bank account will be a PSU and another will be a private one. Of the two banks, one would be UPI enabled and used for all UPI related activities. The second one is internal and used for parking contingency funds. This has been implemented for self and wife as well.
Old 24th April 2024, 19:16   #940
BHPian

Quote:
India’s central bank on Wednesday ordered Kotak Mahindra Bank to immediately cease onboarding new customers via its online and mobile banking channels, and to stop issuing fresh credit cards, citing serious deficiencies in the bank’s IT systems and risk management practices
Source

Best to wait until they have fixed. Kotak is a good bank with good customer service and I'm sure they'll come out shining.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 24th April 2024 at 19:25. Reason: Putting news in quotes + URL
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks