Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2008, 10:45   #1
BHPian

Advice please : BEST Case!!

Guys I need your advice:

Issue : BEST Meter Tampering

Story: We (i will call it S) have give out our place on lease to F from past three years. We have have the rent agreement in place and valid till 2010 and a Deposit of 50k. F has been using the place from 2005. Where he is agreed to pay the telephone and the electric charges. Last evening Got a raid from the BEST guys saying that the meter is tampered. The claim put by them is arppox 5 lakhs from past two years. Wherein 50% of the amount had to be paid immediately or an FIR will be filed, since it comes under some act of fraud/robbery to the goverment.

Next story : My licensee i.e. F managed to pay 1.5 lacs from his pocket , i helpd him with 50k, now he is suppose to deposit a cheque of 50k so that the matter goes in for review with the BEST authorities. If the case goes in the favour of BEST then we would have to pay the remaining amount i.e. the rest 50%of the claim which is again 2.5 laks. If the case goes in our favour we will get a credit note from the BEST for the amount that we payed extra.

Twist: F has is plans to get his hands of and says that he has not done it, and he says that to get hold the owner. S has an agreement stating that the F will have to bear the telephone and electricity bills. F is trying to play smart and ask S to pay the checque to the BEST, which S feels is not his responsibilty. S clearly said that F was using the place for his business purposes and it was his duty to check the Electricity meters. He was getting bills of Rs.300/- per month with running two A/C's and 3 tubelights. Ideally F should have gone to the BEST to complaint that there is problem with the meter. But F Enjoyed his time for 3 years by paying Rs.300/- per month and took the benefit. S has told F to pay the cheque and get the Meter back if he is confident that he has not done it but F is looking a little shady. S has clearly told him, it is not his lookout and now its his duty to get the meter back since it has happened in his tenure, whatever he has done for him was for humanity sake, and keeping mind the good terms. S also said if he does'nt want it then to leave the shop and leave the meter alone he does care if the place is empty for couple of months. F's business is going to suffer he is in a soup, but if he tries to play smart, S has his laywers ready.

Advice : What can S i.e. ME do now, any advices and comments are welcomed. I am planning to get F out of the Place. Legal way.
Old 21st August 2008, 11:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Settle the whole thing first before you even think of letting F vacate the premises.

As if it goes against S, S will have to pay the rest 2.5l. Even if you forefeit 50k deposit you have already paid 50k now.
Old 21st August 2008, 12:44   #3
BHPian

Dadu : will do that, 1st thing.

New Story from the BEST office : The BEST says that the tampering is done between 2001 to 2008.A new meter was installed in the year 2001. We have asked for the bill details from that day to find out the readings. F did not pay last two months bills. now BEST says there are no ways that we cna find out when the tampering is done for example they cannot tell the exact date of day or month. That thing can only be found out after seeing the variations in the bill.

For the remaining amount, if we sit for the review the meter wont be put up untill the review of the case ifs over. If we still want to close the case as an where basis there will some amount of fine that we will have to pay and all cases will be removed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks